Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Feb 16, 2019

Alleged husband, but Aya noticed no ring?

Some married couples don't wear rings.

I think Yoru deliberately didn't wear the ring so she wouldn't hurt Sei more. Imagine a totally stormy meeting if Sei saw any symbol of Yoru being married on her body.

With what Yoru was saying at the end, I feel like Yoru was getting a divorce with her husband. That would explain why Yoru was suddenly going back to hometown alone with no ring. Her getting back with Sei makes sense in this context as well. Sei's memory seems to imply that Yoru was someone who wanted constant attention and physical attachment, thus all the boyfriends. With her husband gone, Sei would be the perfect person to fill the gap temporarily, just like high school all over again.

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

I sorta wished Aya stayed out of their business there at the end and left. I want Aya to be happy and not feel/be a stand in. If she gets with Sei in the end, I feel like it’d be a long time before Sei truly sees Aya as Aya, and has no lingering feelings left for Yoru, which I feel is really unfair to Aya.

Also she’s a teen, she’s still young and growing. At her age, her feelings are all over the place, and being played(?) with like this is not helping. I feel like all these experiences are only causing more confusion for her which in the end might have lasting negative effects, such as how she handles relationships in the future and responds to situations.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 10:30PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Sei truly hates herself. Whether it’s because she’s gay or because of possible parental influence/lack there of or a combination of both is still unclear to me.

I know it was said before she mentioned that Yoru should just leave her husband, but she was thinking about Aya and making amends- which makes me think that it implies she was at least acknowledging Aya’s feelings and their relationship with that whole “I’ll make it up to you and be more mature”. She at least seemed like she was willing to put in a little effort to kind of appease Aya. Sad thing is, Yoru seems like she does want to leave her husband so it’s probably not going to happen for now....

It seems I was right about Yoru. She’s looking for someone who’ll take care of her, emotionally and financially. I mean, she brings up Sei’s rent and now probably sees her as a viable partner because Sei is no longer a high school student. Sei has a job and will be able to house and support Yoru.

But Yoru was right. She is dumb because she didn’t think about what marriage would truly mean for her future. She probably wants to leave her husband since she’s being pressured about kids- hence why Sei is now the better option for Yoru. No expectation about kids, someone Yoru can control, and has a steady income.

I just hope Sei will have a moment of clarity and realize that Yoru hasn’t been acting out of kindness but self preservation. Yoru has been trying to protect her interests and probably could not care less about Sei.

Poor Aya though. Feeling like she has nothing now that Yoru is completely in the picture and is no longer just a part of Sei’s past. But it’s still nice to see that she’s grown a backbone and that she hasn’t just chosen to settle with what’s dealt her way.

An okay ending for me would be for Aya to not turn out like Sei and use Haruki just to try and forget. A happy ending would be Sei realizing Yoru is trash ( a surprise for me because I thought the author would also make her a sympathetic character though I suppose it isn’t too late) giving herself time to clear out the mess that is her self, before going back to a more secure and confident Aya who has realized that she deserves the best, which is something Sei would hopefully be able to give by then.

joined Mar 8, 2019

that dirty feet licking...ew

But also the manga needs to explore Sei's family background at some point. She is messed up and Yoru can't be the root of her issues. If it wasn't Yoru, she'd eventually find someone else who wouldn't like her back, to get unhealthily attached (not that this excuses Yoru playing with her).

Yup. There is definitely something there. I wonder though if it’s neglect like Aya or perhaps over parenting. Both could have different side effects.

Neglect makes her perfect bait to latch on to the first person to give her special attention. Over parenting could make her feel like she’s a failure because she can never live up to her parents expectations - which is why she self sabotages her happiness out of guilt.

Her obsession with Yoru feels like a form of self punishment. When they were doing it she didn't seem to actually enjoy it, and she then said she wants to die. Someone could say that this was because she knew Yoru would never like her back, but with unhealthy obsessions like here it's never just that. Although I'm not sure whether the author wants to explore the story from this perspective.
It feels like a harmful addiction that you don't like, but it's the only way you know to cope (like cutting)

She is definitely practicing psychological self harm. It explains why she went out with a guy (or maybe guys). She doesn’t feel she deserves to be happy, hence why she lets her self be caged in with temptation, why she doesn’t try to set boundaries for Math teacher, why she won’t let her self see other romantic partners, etc.

I sorta wished Aya stayed out of their business there at the end and left. I want Aya to be happy and not feel/be a stand in. If she gets with Sei in the end, I feel like it’d be a long time before Sei truly sees Aya as Aya, and has no lingering feelings left for Yoru, which I feel is really unfair to Aya.

I feel like Sei has started to semi see Aya, hence why she imagines her when she comes back from running to Yoru and why there were times when she does, handful I know, call out Aya’s name during coitus. Sei just hasn’t realized because of her self hatred and love/obsession for Yoru.

I think that whole confrontation scene is necessary for our mains though. Sei has lived with the belief that the most she could ask for is kindness and does not believe she deserves love so having someone come and say “I love you for who you are, damages and all,” is what Sei ultimately needs.

It’s also good for Aya because she’s actively seeking out what she wants, not just sitting back and letting her self be a wall flower. She’s making choices and taking control of her life.

Also she’s a teen, she’s still young and growing. At her age, her feelings are all over the place, and being played(?) with like this is not helping. I feel like all these experiences are only causing more confusion for her which in the end might have lasting negative effects, such as how she handles relationships in the future and responds to situations.

The situation has her, Haruki, or Mochida set up to possibly become the next Sei. Only the author knows when the cycle will come to an end though.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Nobody here is a winner, all losers

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

From my point of view, Sei's character is kind of mixed between a nympho and a yandere. Maybe because of her past, maybe she born with that "gene" originaly. Sei's duality created of a libido possessive beast and a whiny dependant magnet puts her in constant conflict we all know. Some people need medical help constanly for that. Her fetish of foot licking make me think that Yoru is like a idol in Sei's eye. At the same time she want to sanctify Yoru (the cooler one), yet she also want to devour and consuming Yoru (her ideal sex partner). But Sei never love Yoru's character. Sei hates it when she saw Yoru became a whiny girl in front of the boys. It's not only jalousy.

Comparing to Sei, Yoru is much more in control. She's just someone who always need a convenient partner that click all of her list (a succeseful handsome kind man blah blah). Yoru's hot and cold character is just like every single straight girl that i be friend with =_=. I didn't mean every straight one's like that but still a whole LOT! Yoru hate being left off so of course she will pict Sei, her ideal convenient partner that never left her. Yoru likes men but she also likes security for sure. Just a casual bitchy character, nothing more nothing left. I'd love that the author go into develop Yoru's character with a positive polygamory vibe, she have potential quality for that you know, but well i doubt that it will be long! '

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 12:09AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Yep that exactly

joined Oct 27, 2011

Yep that exactly

I think it make no sense talking about winner or loser here. If nobody win, nobody lose

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now is confirmed that Flowerchild has a foot fetish.

I love this manga, this is so fucked up. Just amazing, a masterpiece.

Photo%202-2-21,%2010%2009%2024%20am
joined Aug 21, 2020

it just sad why some of you cant understand Sei situations
saying sorry before doing it, its all clear Sei has feelings for Aya.
i think Sei wants to try it one last time, to know what she truly wants and after that she will talk to Aya
saying "right now i just want to die" that moment, i think she was not happy on what she's just did
because she thinks of Aya

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

WARIKAN posted:

it just sad why some of you cant understand Sei situations
saying sorry before doing it, its all clear Sei has feelings for Aya.
i think Sei wants to try it one last time, to know what she truly wants and after that she will talk to Aya
saying "right now i just want to die" that moment, i think she was not happy on what she's just did
because she thinks of Aya

I think all of us understand Sei. The fact is that having feelings, loving, it's not enoutgh.
Relationships require hard work, commitment, trust. Sei's not doing any of that.
Even if she was in love with both of them and wanted to date them both, this is not how you do it.
You can understand both her feelings and behaviour, but that not a justification.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Sleeping with Yoru after all that trouble, I swear Sei ...

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

From my point of view, Sei's character is kind of mixed between a nympho and a yandere. Maybe because of her past, maybe she born with that "gene" originaly. Sei's duality created of a libido possessive beast and a whiny dependant magnet puts her in constant conflict we all know. Some people need medical help constanly for that. Her fetish of foot licking make me think that Yoru is like a idol in Sei's eye. At the same time she want to sanctify Yoru (the cooler one), yet she also want to devour and consuming Yoru (her ideal sex partner).

Interesting, genes also do play a part in someone's character development, and not just the environment they grew up in. For example with psychopaths, it is because of genes.
I haven't read much about how kinks get developed, but from what I've seen environment here does play a part. Although different people turn out differently if they are put in exactly the same situations, and that's because of their DNA. Like for example, being an introvert is in the genes.
Sei probably already had the leaning for perversion to begin with, but I also think there's gotta be something wrong with her family too.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

I think all of us understand Sei. The fact is that having feelings, loving, it's not enoutgh.
Relationships require hard work, commitment, trust. Sei's not doing any of that.
Even if she was in love with both of them and wanted to date them both, this is not how you do it.
You can understand both her feelings and behaviour, but that not a justification.

Definitely agree with this.

Aya’s way better off being single cause I honestly think that Sei’s irredeemable.

agegapisbestyuri
Img_20200324_111117
joined May 1, 2020

Damn it Sei. I'm finally rootin for ya and now you pull this crap. And dammit it all Aya! Stick to your words for this just one instance! From the very beginning of this manga, I never shipped Sei and Aya but after seeing all that "development" I want them to be together...! AAAARGH!! That ain't the best for the both of them BUT I CAN'T STOP SHIPPING THEM NOW!!!

Sigh. I don't want to set any expectations to this story don't pull my heartstrings like this author TAT

joined Aug 21, 2020

I swear by all my soul that i hate both Yoru and Sei :) . One so selfish, one so childish

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This can't possibly end well...

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

am i the only one who wants aya to start dating her friend? i feel like now that haruki is aware of her feelings for aya she could be able to overcome her own hatred for her sexuality if aya would let haruki love her(which aya seems to be okay with?). i can see a haruki as a very caring and loving partner to aya, while also allowing aya to escape her toxic relationship with sei. but i guess nothing this happy would ever happen ;-;

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Yep that exactly

I think it make no sense talking about winner or loser here. If nobody win, nobody lose

That's not totally true. You could not win, but at the same time ruin the chance that another one wins. Yoru just playing for playing, maybe she's in an unhappy marriadge and looking for other options, or just taking revenge for her husband's cheating, but she has not feelings for Sei, not beyond "that foot licker from highschool" (literally and figuratively talking). Sei hurts Aya's feelings and herself, she knows that Yoru has not feelings for her and keep runing on circles on a toxic and self-humillating relationship. Aya just being harm for Sei's autodestruction, sick of being a replacement for Yoru, but too in love to leave.
Looks like there's a winner there? When you literally talk about a game, there's no winners without losers and vice versa, but in real life is not that factical.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 8:44AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

jimbuwu posted:

am i the only one who wants aya to start dating her friend? i feel like now that haruki is aware of her feelings for aya she could be able to overcome her own hatred for her sexuality if aya would let haruki love her(which aya seems to be okay with?). i can see a haruki as a very caring and loving partner to aya, while also allowing aya to escape her toxic relationship with sei. but i guess nothing this happy would ever happen ;-;

Uh, wasn't it made rather clear that Haruki just wants Aya to rely on her and do nothing for herself? Cause that's not remotely healthy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This has been the only possible good outcome for this series from the start.

joined Aug 13, 2020

add the what the fuck am I reading tag please

joined Oct 27, 2011

From my point of view, Sei's character is kind of mixed between a nympho and a yandere. Maybe because of her past, maybe she born with that "gene" originaly.

Interesting, genes also do play a part in someone's character development, and not just the environment they grew up in. For example with psychopaths, it is because of genes.
I haven't read much about how kinks get developed, but from what I've seen environment here does play a part. Although different people turn out differently if they are put in exactly the same situations, and that's because of their DNA. Like for example, being an introvert is in the genes.
Sei probably already had the leaning for perversion to begin with, but I also think there's gotta be something wrong with her family too.

I completely agree with you, the things about her natural tendency of perversion, and something wrong with her family are actually things come in pair. I dont say that you are a pervert automaticaly when your aunt are one, but you have more chance to have genetic tendency of dopamine/serotonin deficit and/or to be exposed to traumatic memory that can pass between generation. I took that combo from my aunt unfortunately.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 7:26PM

joined Aug 15, 2018

Do y'all still think Yoru is straight now?

joined Oct 27, 2011

That's not totally true. You could not win, but at the same time ruin the chance that another one wins. Yoru just playing for playing, maybe she's in an unhappy marriadge and looking for other options, or just taking revenge for her husband's cheating, but she has not feelings for Sei, not beyond "that foot licker from highschool" (literally and figuratively talking). Sei hurts Aya's feelings and herself, she knows that Yoru has not feelings for her and keep runing on circles on a toxic and self-humillating relationship. Aya just being harm for Sei's autodestruction, sick of being a replacement for Yoru, but too in love to leave.
Looks like there's a winner there? When you literally talk about a game, there's no winners without losers and vice versa, but in real life is not that factical.

I just can't relate to those 2 term. In my mind it's like "the winner take it all". You cannot win life. You lives your life as you control your body and make decisions. You can say we strive to win our bad self (Aya being stronger?) but then Aya is responsible for her own failure (against your expectation). You can only win a circumstance when you are confronting with a bad one. It's like how dark create light by its contrast. But that's something else. The 'winner' or the 'loser' titles are something i can't bear because of it depicts how you see life (or social life) as a competition, when there are actually none.

To reply you must either login or sign up.