Forum › Nakatani Nio discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ As far as I know, I don't think there's any TL for it yet. But I do have the raw for it (a bit low-res tho).

Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

Thank you so much, this definitely looks very interesting. Better scans and a translation would be great, but I already got more than I ever hoped for.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Not carefree nor overly dramatic, subtlely diffusing the joy and weight of life and love all over her work, long live Nio.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I was looking into the Dengeki link posted on the first page, and found out Nakatani is only 29/30 years old??? For some reason I thought she was in her 40s.

Fb_img_1698057478891
joined Sep 14, 2017

^Because of her appearance?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Yeah it was partly through glancing briefly at her picture, and mostly something she said in one doujin's author's notes about young girls which made me think she was older. Can't remember what the quote was exactly though.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I was looking into the Dengeki link posted on the first page, and found out Nakatani is only 29/30 years old??? For some reason I thought she was in her 40s.

IIRC, I think she turns 29 this year.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

She's so cute. But also so classy and cool. I love her so much.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Who knew God would be a woman.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Very gr8 artist of all time!

joined Oct 12, 2019

Bloom Into You is very good, even my friends who isn't into Yuri loves it!

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Nakatani Nio did the illustrations for a new novel, of course, an yuri novel :
https://twitter.com/kiyoe_sans/status/1276010497800835073

As well as a new doujin of Touhou with Renko and Maribel :
https://www.facebook.com/LaDiosadelLirio3.0/posts/155438719425332

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I just knew this forum was gonna be filled with tons of support for her, and honestly I can see why, I seriously love her work (´ ε ` )♡

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

I wish (s)he did more Touhou, the original stuff is not that good tbh.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

The collection Farewell to My Alter seems to be the next one up, looking forward to it!
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Farewell-to-My-Alter-Manga

Youmu-nio-160pxw
joined Jun 20, 2019

The collection Farewell to My Alter seems to be the next one up, looking forward to it!

It's out now. One all-new story, three previously printed in the translated Éclair collections, two from the not-yet-released Éclairs, with the rest as earlier doujins or otherwise not previously licensed. Nice to get Commearication in print.

And, replying to a 2017 (!) post:

Is there somebody here who has some information about this specific one-shot? According to an translated interview (thanks to Marion Diabolito) the title is "Sayonara, Horuta", if that's any help.

It's in there!

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 10:33PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Has anyone else heard that she’s starting a new series that comes out next month? According to the tweet I saw about the series it’s

a new sci-fi manga series titled "Kami-sama ga machigaeru" in upcoming Dengeki Daioh issue 12/2021 out Oct 27, 2021. The weird daily life of a middle school boy and the female scientist he's living with in a world filled with bugs.

I’m a little weirded out by the wording and whole “middle school boy and adult woman” thing but I’m willing to give it a shot since she wrote Bloom into You, and my assumption is that it wouldn’t be some weird age gap thing.

I’m a little surprised that she doesn’t seem to be doing yuri this time, although I do remember she did say she never really identified as a “yuri mangaka” per say, and I kinda remember seeing some stuff about her wanting to write a more fantasy/sci fi type story.

My prediction is that even if it’s not specifically a “yuri manga” that it’s still gonna be full to the brim with queer characters and possibly romance subplots, it’s just that the main focus of the story isn’t on the romance.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I seem to recall her saying something to the effect that with YagaKimi she'd covered all the yuri she'd had in mind. I'd have been more surprised if the new work had something to do with yuri.

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 1:39PM

joined Apr 29, 2020

iirc she said she was done writing yuri at least for the time being but she still planned on including girl-girl couples in her works. Nakatani also has a pretty good track record of not having adults be creepy towards minors so I don't expect any sort of weird age gap thing.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

iirc she said she was done writing yuri at least for the time being but she still planned on including girl-girl couples in her works. Nakatani also has a pretty good track record of not having adults be creepy towards minors so I don't expect any sort of weird age gap thing.

Yeah I remember that, and so I’m thinking that there’s definitely still gonna be plenty of queer people in this series.

I also do have some hope, Nakatani is one of the few artists who pretty solidly avoids being creepy to kids, and I think it definitely shows in Bloom into You that she’s not trying to sexualize the characters for the audience.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Full image of the announcement page released on Dengeki today:

So SF stands for both Scifi but also Sukoshi Fushigi (in furigana) which is low fantasy.
The scientist’s name is Himesaki Kasane, she’s the landlady of their share house & also a “bug” researcher. The MC is Otaya Kon, who will be her assistant. Synopsis for the first chapter releasing next month (10/27 JP) is that the whole town gets turned into a jungle because of a “bug.”

It’s most likely not real bugs the story is dealing with considering they’re katakana in quotations. The way the series title is written is pretty odd, but “Kami-sama ga machigaeru” is technically “God is wrong/mistaken.”

Edit: Nakatani mentioned on Twitter that if she continues writing what she wants, she will come back to yuri again eventually. Hats off to her for following through with writing fantasy like she said in an interview way back when.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 1:10PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So SF stands for both Scifi but also Sukoshi Fushigi (in furigana) which is low fantasy.
The scientist’s name is Himesaki Kasane, she’s the landlady of their share house & also a “bug” researcher. The MC is Otaya Kon, who will be her assistant. Synopsis for the first chapter releasing next month (10/27 JP) is that the whole town gets turned into a jungle because of a “bug.”

It’s most likely not real bugs the story is dealing with considering they’re katakana in quotations. The way the series title is written is pretty odd, but “Kami-sama ga machigaeru” is technically “God is wrong/mistaken.”

Based on the description, guess it may be meant as “God made a mistake” or “(Even) God makes mistakes” - with "bugs" being a reference to software problems, except here they're showing up in god's creation, causing trouble like the town mentioned being turned into a jungle.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

It's out now. One all-new story, three previously printed in the translated Éclair collections, two from the not-yet-released Éclairs, with the rest as earlier doujins or otherwise not previously licensed. Nice to get Commearication in print.

For those interested I posted a list of chapters in it:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/18643-farewell-to-my-alter?page=1#forum_post_699993

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

I don't even like Nakatani's works and I'm still kind of ticked off at this turn of events, especially after reading this tweet:

Gudetamago posted:
Nakatani mentioned on Twitter that if she continues writing what she wants, she will come back to yuri again eventually.

Why did she think that making such a statement would be fair to yuri fans?

Oh and going by the synopsis this sounds dangerously similar to Neko ga Nishi Mukya by Mushishi's creator Urushibara Yuki.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I fail to see what's unfair about it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.