Forum › Posts by Hawkwing

Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016
Hawkwing
Rough Maker discussion 22 Nov 17:27
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

The number one reason I heavily dislike this ship (or any non canon ship in this series) is that most people who actively ship them do so by stomping all over the established characters, their growth and their emotions, just to see their fantasies fullfilled.

This one wasn't too bad, but it still completely sidelined Touko, took a huge shit on Yuu and her feelings and denied Sayaka the happiness and closure she achieved in the novels.

It's by no means a bad piece by itself, some emotional bits were quite poignant and the interaction between these two felt nice and natural, but it did so by disregarding almost everything the characters stand for and achieved while dropping them into a situation where everyone came out worse than before.

As an original story with original characters, I'd even be quite the fan. But as something that's supposed to be a "fan" work of Bloom Into You, I really don't like it.

Hawkwing
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

^ I do remember reading this before (have the pics of tiger Yuu saved) & I think you're right about it being from Toranoana. Tho yeah, it's not on here. Thanks for bringing this back up. This reminds me I need to set chibi tiger Yuu roaring as my ava somewhere...

Yeah, this seems to be one of the last bits of YagaKimi stuff which has not been translated so far. The only other thing I remember off the top of my head would be the guest artist entries in this litte anthology:

http://imgur.com/a/oPo0x

I once read some rough translations on /u/ or Facebook, but these were very rough. So a revision would very much be appreciated.

(have the pics of tiger Yuu saved)

That was the first thing I did when i stumbled upon them back in the day. Tiger Yuu is precious. Just like any other Yuu out there.

Oh, by the way. I want to kiss you just because of this paragraph:

For the love of God, the one thing I truly hope for by the end of this manga is that Yuu will be very VERY HAPPY. She's such an angel for putting up with Touko for so long. [...] She's not just going along with what others ask her to do anymore and definitely not even Touko at this point. & I hope things will eventually work out for her, so we can finally get to see this girl smiling genuinely and happily and not feeling lonely and distant for once. JUSTICE FOR YUU.

last edited at May 17, 2017 5:22PM

Hawkwing
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

Thank you so much, this definitely looks very interesting. Better scans and a translation would be great, but I already got more than I ever hoped for.

Hawkwing
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

Has anyone ever seen these (chinese) RAWs?

http://imgur.com/a/A4Rpm

I never saw them translated anywhere, so I thought that this thread would be a great opportunity to share them. I've no idea where or when I found them, but they're very similar to the first Toranoana Extra. So maybe another one of those?

Chronologically it seems to be a part of Chapter 8, but I'm not entirely sure. Though one thing's definitely for sure: Yuu ist the best.

Hawkwing
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

Back in 2015 iHoshiku - the one who initally translated Bloom Into You and first brought it to our attention - mentioned that Nakatani had won a contest held by Dengeki Daioh and therefore earned the spot in the magazine.

Nakatani-sensei participated in a contest for rookies that was held by Dengeki Daioh and won the first place which is why she got to do a series however, the one-shot she did for the contest is irrelevant to this series.

They also said that it was quite interesting and that they'd consider translating it as well, even though it had nothing to do with Bloom Into You and wasn't even Yuri in the first place.

I can translate it if people are interested but I doubt you'd find it in dynasty since it's het.

Almost a year ago I contacted iHoshiku and asked if they were still willing to do that, and they agreed. Unfortunately I hadn't heard anything from them since and now I'm wondering - due do the fact that iHoshiku has left the scanlation business 10 months ago and I don't want to bother them anymore - if there'd be another way to read it nowadays.

I'm very interested in Nakatani's works and would definitely appreciate another example of her very interesting and unique style.

Is there somebody here who has some information about this specific one-shot? According to an translated interview (thanks to Marion Diabolito) the title is "Sayonara, Horuta", if that's any help.

last edited at May 17, 2017 5:29PM

Hawkwing
Anime season 22 Jan 15:39
Ava%20100
joined Jun 18, 2016

what is the odds that there might be yuri in atheist vs god anime?
after all it is a guy in lolis body..

LN spoilers (apparently):

"Well, so much for coffee .... It is not my intention to marry ... I still want to enjoy the free rank of a single aristocrat"

For the moment Tanya does not have a plan to sign a social contract to give up freedom. Or whether to run to spiritual homosexuality or physical homosexuality, in a way this dilemma will be rare. It is this thing that it seems better not to think too deeply.

These are just some random translations found on /a/, so I've no idea how accurate they might be. Though I've to admit that it'd be a very Tanya-like thing to say.