Forum › I love cinema, I am lonely. discussion

joined Sep 28, 2015

Even after all these years Eva still makes people salty.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

i sometimes think im the only one that absolutely loves the end of evangelion and the only one that never was confused about it. the more you try to logically understand evangelion, the farther you are from trully understanding it imo

It's pretty logical, isn't it? The human instrumentality project fails (whereas it succeeded in the anime), the world governments try to shut down the whole operation, unit 1 becomes unto a god after ingesting an angel (thus obtaining immortality and knowledge of good and evil) while wielding the spear that killed Jesus, and shinji and asuka hang out on the beach. Simpler than Xenosaga.

last edited at Mar 12, 2020 2:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

EVA's ending was just a giant middle-finger from Anno to all the otakus out there who were entranced by the seemingly philosophical meaning of the whole thing.

The final sentence sums it up: きもちわるい

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Wait a minute... Did chapter 5 just predict the future of the real world!

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This. Deserves better than my measly comment can provide. :<
It's so good!
Several dozen times more interesting than another story about school kids doing nothing all damn day.

My family was big on watching movies. I actually got kinda tired of them in my youth and would only watch them if they were about superheroes or video games. Back then the vast majority of those sucked.

When she told her roommate she would be a good mom was especially sweet. ^.^

last edited at Apr 6, 2020 3:51PM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Ahh, if only they knew at this time how far Star Wars would fall from grace...

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

Ahh, if only they knew at this time how far Star Wars would fall from grace...

I was thinking the same thing. We can only imagine what kind of arguments these three got into after Episode IX.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Is it not a bit too late to talk about falling from grace when this manga is way past the prequels?

Also, I knew the Falcon is a YT-1300, so does that mean I am not sensible...? :<

joined Jun 23, 2017

The sequel trilogy isn't any worse than the prequel trilogy.

joined May 24, 2014

None of the prequel movies were as terrible as the last jedi

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter 18... PURE... GOLD...

Good thing I was on the toilet reading this, because I would have crapped my pajamas in bed from laughter!

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh jeez, this is too good

joined Jun 23, 2017

Personally I would rather watch TLJ over TPM

joined May 24, 2014

Not even the phantom menace is as flawed or hated as the last jedi for is it drove people away from star wars. Only dave filoni and george lucas can save it now also, I would rather watch almost anything else than go thought the last jedi again.

last edited at Jul 14, 2020 10:55PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

That was a pretty good chapter

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 12:38AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Not even the phantom menace is as flawed or hated as the last jedi for is it drove people away from star wars. Only dave filoni and george lucas can save it now also, I would rather watch almost anything else than go thought the last jedi again.

If TPM had been released within this decade it would have been reviled. Guarantee that within 20 years people are going to be all "TLJ wasn't that bad".
I wouldn't place my bets on Lucas, guy hasn't made a good live action movie since 1989 and actively made the original trilogy worse with unnecessary edits (disclaimer: I have not seen anything he has made after The Crystal Skull)
Dave Filoni has made some good shit recently though.

joined May 24, 2014

If TPM had been released within this decade it would have been reviled. Guarantee that within 20 years people are going to be all "TLJ wasn't that bad".

Yeah it actually was THAT bad. Ruin johnson was hired to do the SECOND PART of a trilogy and yet he made a "conclusion" so reviled that the next SW movie (solo) tanked at the box office.

StrawberryStrallod
joined Sep 26, 2019

Yeah it actually was THAT bad. Ruin johnson was hired to do the SECOND PART of a trilogy and yet he made a "conclusion" so reviled that the next SW movie (solo) tanked at the box office.

I disagree. TPM may have been as terrible as TLJ in all but the action. The Lightsaber fights of the Original Trilogy were better than anything that came out of the Sequel Trilogy. Another Leg up it has over the Sequel Trilogy is that no matter how bad a movie might be stand-alone, put together with it's siblings it actually matters to the story and stays consistent. The Sequel Trilogy was trading directors blatantly shaming eachothers plot choices. Take the Lightsaber throw scene for example in the 7th while in the 8th the other director made fun of how they treated Luke

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 3:07AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The forum seems to have been absorbed inside the manga.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The forum seems to have been absorbed inside the manga.

That's Star Wars for you.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

The only way to start Star Wars is by watching The Ewok Adventure & The Battle for Endor.

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 4:50PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I mean, Disney's big ol' burlap sacks with dollar signs on them disagree with everyone here

I guess the moral is that what's good is entirely subjective and not a metric worth a damn in the end. I feel like a manga just taught me that recently...

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 8:42PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"They enjoyed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

Finally, the closure I needed

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"They enjoyed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

Finally, the closure I needed

Agreed!

joined Jul 22, 2014

So true!

To reply you must either login or sign up.