Forum › Mikansei no Kimochi discussion

alexisomorphic
joined Nov 9, 2019

ok real serious question here: do people actually keep their glasses on during sex??

Seriously, I need the answer to this question too.

Depends on the position. There's several where I want to see as much of my partner as possible and don't involve too much moving around on my part, so I keep mine on for those. Pretty much any position where I'm the passive party. Also if I'm just doing finger stuff I'd probably like to keep it on so I can easily see their face. Basically I just leave them on until they get in the way. Similar to tying back my hair.

Definitely agree with everyone else that the translation quality was oof :/ like I think one of the bigger issues was using almost no pronouns? Just seemed like the translator didn't speak English natively.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I gave up 10 pages in when nothing made sense due to the atrocious translation

Sure ya did >.< jkjk ^_^

joined Jan 8, 2014

I enjoyed the credits page too with all the sfx translations ^_^

Gothic_Catalyst
14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

What was up with the translation? I ended up just skimming through it without reading anything.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 9:42AM

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

I rather read Japanese than questioning the whole story.

hahaha dang i can't stop laughing

joined Jun 6, 2017

Seems like it wasn’t just me who didn’t understand this oneshot. I thought I just wasn’t paying attention hard enough because I couldn’t get my head around the premise and plot. I can kinda get an idea of what’s happening here: glasses girl had troublesome relationship in the past > wanted a one night stand > couldn’t go along with it due to taking a liking to the girl > keeps meeting up with said girl > finds out the girl used to be someone who worked in a fast food restaurant that she visited a lot > boom SEX! But for the most part, I didn’t understand what in the world was happening with the dialogues. I was really looking forward to it because of the romance tag, but shame that the translation was incomprehensible. Other than that, I liked that they put a lot of effort in editing the pages because it looks well-done

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

ok real serious question here: do people actually keep their glasses on during sex??

Honestly, yes, unless you use contacts or something because otherwise everything is gonna be blurry as fuck and what would be the point of having sex then? sucks having horrible eyesight

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Well this is next level bad translation wise, to a point where you can't even understand the story.
I'll never understand why someone would want to translate something from a language they clearly can't understand to one they don't master enough to formulate sentences that make sense.

We need better standards than "This is better than nothing"; seeing pictures is nice, but it ruins the story to have text pulled from Google translate pasted in each bubble without any correction whatsoever. I'd rather read the original at this point.

Yep, the art was nice, but with the awful translation it's better to just read the original if you understand Japanese or just look at the images by themselves.

Dont_debate_me
joined May 28, 2018

This artist just has really bad pacing. Things come on so suddenly. This artists needs to slow down and let the story unravel.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I wasnt bothered by translation or dialog - it's probably pretty literal, but i'm used to that from my own translations.

joined Jan 5, 2019

Well there are a nice couple maybe those two will go all the way with marriage with a 2 kids one in grade school and the other a toddler.

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

Id rather some english than no english even if i can read a little japanese, most of the time i cant understand shit when its 100% raws. Keywords are enough to understand the gist of whats going on. So im at least a little greatful that they took the time to do this. Thanks windyfall.

cyberninjasio
joined Jan 5, 2020

To be fair, echolocation would probably help more than glasses if you’re trying to get a “visual” lock on it.

Torracollons Uploader
Chikuwa%20pirata
joined Jan 27, 2020

A new version has been uploaded now, you can keep flaming though.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Well it was hard but I got the most part of the story <3 So many thanks for the hard work on translation
Still I was confused about the flashback. What happened between Aki and her first love? It seems that friend was in love with a boy or got confessed to? Or it's about how she never confessed to Aki? And then the friend said that she liked her with the "Why... it's you" bubble? Why was Aki a girl or what? Or it's a mistake and a friend actually said she didn't like Aki?? Why Aki felt revultion????? So many whys ))

40a8dbf0-eaf4-4e6f-94f9-e071435c9adc
joined Dec 29, 2015

as a non native english speaker, this was hell for me trying to understand what was going on. The translation it's just weird, but thank you I guess

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

A new version has been uploaded now, you can keep flaming though.

Ahh, finally... Even though there's a lot that I still didn't understand, but at least it's a lot better than before...

So... Aki once kissed a friend just for fun. And turn out that the said friend confessed to Ali, but Aki didn't actually love the said friend romantically. So Aki felt bad about it.

Probably because of feeling bad from it, Aki decided to make an arrangement and hook up with random stranger from the internet. While waiting for the said random stranger, Sara call out to Aki. Aki thought that Sara is the said "random stanger", but actually Sara just happen to pass by and call out to Aki.

Did I understand it correctly?

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I just want to say it's impressive there are so many different sex sfx.

Just like how the Inuit have 100 words for snow, the Japanese have 100 words for sex noises.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Seriously, I need the answer to this question too.

Really depends on personal preferences.
I am quite severely myopic (+7.5 dioptres both eyes), so I can't make out the finer details of my partner if I don't have my glasses on, thus I prefer keeping them on, except when my face is between her thighs when glasses are usually a hindrance.
My first gf likes kissing and rubbing cheeks during sexy times, so she wanted me to take the glasses off so they won't poke her in the eyes. The second gf is really into symbolism, she wants me to look at her with my naked eyes to "show my honesty". The third wanted to be truly naked in bed, so off went the glasses along with everything else. The fourth didn't care either way, and the fifth/last one thinks her glasses makes her eyes look nicer, so she keeps them on, and let me wear mine, for equality.

F4099919603a7e34609e174afa599fa9
joined Feb 24, 2016

nice art. i didnt understand shit but, nice art

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

yea i thought the translation seemed weird, guess i was right. i did not understand anything

To reply you must either login or sign up.