Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Many thanks to the scanlators for their work and permission to share this!

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:09PM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!! It's here!!! My favorite novel is finally in manga form!

C5644df4-6640-46e8-a85c-f7d23678316d
joined Nov 11, 2018

Finally! I found gold! I want heroine x villainous always so perfect! Moaar

joined May 19, 2014

Excited to read the next chapters!!!! :)

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh no it's really cute

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

I saw this on MD first and quite literally danced in place. We finally got to see our horny MC and dear Claire interact for the first time!!
That declaration of war at the end is a whole proposal. I’m just really giddy to see everything drawn out jsjjdjdjdjdh

BLESS YOU SCANLATORS!! Your efforts are very much appreciated :)))

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Oh! Finally a manga for this novel! Yes!!

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:41PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Massive masochist alert.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Woffle So what is the original, a light novel? I assume it's not been translated?

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:38PM

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-favor-the-villainess/
The light novel is completed and the beginning of the manga is different from what I remember to the light novel because it starts at the school gate I believe. Hopefully the storyline matches up.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:42PM

joined Jun 18, 2020

BLESS YOU! this is my favorite novel. And to see it in manga it's been so amazing. Thank you for your hard work!!

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

@Woffle So what is the original, a light novel? I assume it's not been translated?

Original is a web novel, there is an author approved fan translate here:

https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/i-favor-the-villainess/

Ah, yes my favorite masochistic MC is here.
Can't wait for the LN to come along as well.

joined Jun 18, 2020

Waaah! It’s here! I finished the first half of this novel a few weeks ago and it was a fun ride. It had its good balance of comedy moments and heartwarming ones too. Being able to see them be illustrated is really cool. To the readers who have not read the novel and are reading the manga, you’re in for a good time :> can’t wait for more!!!

joined Apr 16, 2020

YES. YESSSSSSSS!!!!

joined Mar 15, 2018

I'd been waiting for this because I like the premise, and it definitely delivered. Looking forward to more.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

P.s I like this a lot for a setting but there are so many questions that got skipped over that dont make sense.

What happened to the girl who's body she is in? Hopefully she wasn't just erased! Did she swap with her? That would suck for her lol. Dumped into a woman with a shit job in a world she knows nothing of.. Or is this one of those 'its all in her mind' things? And in the end she wakes up? Thats even worse because it would all be for nothing!

Her friend realizes she has changed a lot- but shouldnt it be clear she is a totally different person? She should have zero memories of Taylors past beyond some basic stuff the game said, and it would be obvious to anyone who knows her right? She also would have little common knowledge of this world - beyond what was in the game too.

She is meant to be the best student, but now some random office worker has replaced her- who presumably would lack all the lessons Taylor has learned at school- no way a royal fantasy academy has common lessons with modern Japan- so how is she gonna not fail at all her lessons?

Maybe some or all of them get answered soon? Not that it hugely matters even if it doesn't bother with the finer points, I can still love the setting and characters and story for what it is.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:49PM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Oh ok this is here now phew now I don’t have to use mangadex

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Wah!? I can't believe I never noticed this on NU. Time to read up to the latest chapters.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Finally I have waited so long for this day to come. If excluded the yuri this still one of the best story out there.

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

Oh damn the.moron beat me to it. Thanks for responding in my stead.

@elevown
And I don’t want to spoil anything but some things do get cleared up and explained later on. The mc is actually incredibly sensible, despite her coming off as just incredibly thirsty at first glance.

I guess just enjoy the ride for now.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:51PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh yay, you got permission! I'm definitely looking forward to this; the character designs and expressions are all on point here. I'm actually a bit surprised at how fast the scanlation came out, considering this first chapter was just released yesterday. Judging by how many comments there are on Mangadex already, I'd say a lot of other people were really looking forward to this too.

I do have to wonder though whether or not this is going to be a straight-up 1-to-1 adaptation of the original, or if there are going to be any changes. While I did really love the original web novel, there were some plot/pacing things I would've changed. But honestly, even if the story does turn out to be pretty much the same I'd still be satisfied.

All that said, considering it's the first chapter it's still way too early to tell.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Terrible first chapter.

I'm kinda happy to see it here but I did just see the author complain on twitter about pirate sites so I feel a bit bad (well I am subscribed to her Pixiv Fanbox so I am less of a pirate)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What is the last chapter of the LN? I might read it if the translations are finished too, but Its not clear- they go up to 173?

And why is their an end and epilogue at 112? Is that part one end?

To reply you must either login or sign up.