Forum › This Channel Has Nobody But Us discussion

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Aw man, it ended at the exciting part!

joined Dec 18, 2018

I was not expecting this little comic to be so divisive.
I mean, I do hate subtext with a burning passion - after all, gay subtext exists to avoid alienating homophobic readers, not for the benefit of gay people. But a confession isn't subtext and it's a little strange that's what people's bar is above, now. I don't think every gay manga needs to end in making out, and I thought this did a well enough job for being a short one-shot.

I think the main part that is causing annoyance is that we got a confession, but not the reaction. Basically getting kinda blueballed on the yuri. That along with the oneshot itself being rather..jumpy like the story was going on overdrive and then just ended when it got to the good part.

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/this_channel_has_nobody_but_us#36

That is literally not a confession. It's a subtext potential setup to a confession. Or to saying that she just wet herself. Or that she likes the other girl in the office.

It's certainly meant to imply a confession, given her interest in Arata-san, but there's no actual confession on page.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Awwww it was getting so good!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I’m sorry to disappoint, but this is a oneshot, at least in this anthology. Perhaps it will get a continuation one day.

duh, i posted in the anthology thread thinking this was chapter 1.

Anywhat, the table of contents has a chapter titled "kimi no subete". Is it just this story?

56f3860d-5792-4d1d-a6e2-6a880f89d9e0
joined May 2, 2020

This was really interesting! I certainly haven’t seen a premise like this one before.

Nyarumi Uploader
Nyarura%20smaller
Secret Society Blanket
joined Feb 3, 2019

I’m sorry to disappoint, but this is a oneshot, at least in this anthology. Perhaps it will get a continuation one day.

duh, i posted in the anthology thread thinking this was chapter 1.

Anywhat, the table of contents has a chapter titled "kimi no subete". Is it just this story?

Yes, you are correct, that is the chapter. I’m sorry that I misled people about the story.

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

I love the subtle way "Attraction" shows and that ending was fun

I would like a second part ... I love the drawing style.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

if you look closely at the ending panel you can see both of them are actually blushing

20201202_205313
joined Jun 4, 2020

Adult life - coworker - Yuri
THATS MY FAVORITE GENRE

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

For five pages I thought Arata was a man. Really.

Like a certain black haired, glasses wearing, Competitive Hyakunin Isshu Karuta thoroughbred?

joined Feb 18, 2015

I really hope there's a sequel chapter for this one in later in the collection.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Woah! What a whole lot of nothing!

Are we trying a new setting between subtext and nothing?

After reading the entire chapter, I only have an vague idea about MC's personality, and know close to nothing about Arata-san.

I guess I'm on a different channel.

This.

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

But a confession isn't subtext.

the confession is implicit, which means that it is subtext.

that aside, what exactly is the logic "i want to scream and screaming on radio is safe"? and leaving the second somewhere, with the correct station.

I consider confession actually the best part, it's got this delicate feeling.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

interesting. this is something a bit fresh from some of the other adult life yuris I've come across. can't wait to see more of this story unfolding.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

so frustrating ! Why does it have to end on the best part --'

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

ugh my fucking heart

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

For me, subtext is annoying when an author is obviously queerbaiting but then leaves it as subtext to also keep the homophobic side of a fan base.

I think that cliffhanger wasn't meant to be subtext but it's just their narrative. Tbh, my initial reaction was "Ahhhhh Don't leave me hanging like that! Show me the confession." But then immediately after, I thought it was kind of nice to leave it there. That's cause I decided that the author intended the confession to have gone through. I mean don't mainstream romance movies/manga/etc end like this too. It's just that in yuri, we're so used to best friend cop outs that there's a more pronounced need for vindication.

Granted, I can see why this was confusing in some parts. I was lost sometimes because I think they intentionally skipped through scenes to emphasize the lack of connection in those "channels" but I think that could've been done better.

last edited at Oct 13, 2020 4:15AM

joined Sep 26, 2022

Nimi san was cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.