Forum › 5.4° Girlfriend discussion

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

OMGGGGGGG

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Ah yes. The "cheating with a man" cliché. Because everybody loves that right?

well what do you expect doesn't really seem like she swung for girls to begin with. sounds like she didn't want to do it with her gf

It's also a "cliche" for a reason. A straight person trying to date a homosexual person as an experiment is unfortunately not rare from what I know. Plus you also have the whole traditional views on marriage that still exist in Japan. So authors through their writing get out their frustrations about subjects like this. Which I think makes sense. Also every work on the planet has cliches, every author gets influences from somewhere or something. Lots of works can be linked back to the likes of Shakespeare, and he wasn't even entirely original himself. I think also a cliche like this exists mainly because it's realistic and relatable for the author and often their target audience.

My rambling aside, I found this to be a very enjoyable prequel.

Implying it would've been less terrible if she'd cheated with another woman?

To this day it still confuses me how the default assumption when a woman in a gay relationship starts dating a man is that she was actually straight all along and not that she's simply bisexual. You know that's a thing, right?

We literally know nothing of substance about her other than the fact that she was dating another woman until she cheated on her with a man to then presumably date him. We don't even know if it was intentional or malicious lol.

last edited at Jun 1, 2020 8:14AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

We literally know nothing of substance about her other than the fact that she was dating another woman until she cheated on her with a man to then presumably date him. We don't even know if it was intentional or malicious lol.

I dunno, cheating on your girlfriend after not showing up for your first date is pretty malicious in my eyes.

joined May 29, 2020

Me: SO CUTE
my brain: AWWWW
my heart: CRIES RIGHT IN THE KOROKO

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

That was a nice prequel. Now these two look more than just two rampaging lesbians in the main story. :)

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Ah yes. The "cheating with a man" cliché. Because everybody loves that right?

well what do you expect doesn't really seem like she swung for girls to begin with. sounds like she didn't want to do it with her gf

Are we entirely sure that's the reason? It appears Nagisa was a virgin, and they didn't even go on dates. Maybe she was embarrassed by her or they both weren't comfortable with being out in public. Maybe Nagisa wasn't ready and the girlfriend got tired of waiting and cheated. That's probably what drove Nagisa to jump Sakurako.

last edited at Jun 1, 2020 11:05AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I dunno, cheating on your girlfriend after not showing up for your first date is pretty malicious in my eyes.

First date?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I said that we don't know not that we don't think.
There's plenty of implication that doesn't paint her in a very good light, but we're also seeing things from the perspective of the girl who was stood up. She doesn't actually know what was going on other than "She cheated on me with a man then broke up with me in a text."

Literally anything beyond that is pure assumption based on implications that may or may not be accurate.

For all we know her Ex got caught in a hentai plot and only broke up because of blackmail.
That was not a serious theory, just pointing out that there are enough unknowns here to fill them in with basically any story without making the Ex a piece of shit in the grand scheme of things.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck though. Her ex probably was just a cheating douchebag, but let's not pretend like it's fact and not just speculation.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

Implying it would've been less terrible if she'd cheated with another woman?

To this day it still confuses me how the default assumption when a woman in a gay relationship starts dating a man is that she was actually straight all along and not that she's simply bisexual. You know that's a thing, right?

People tend to see cheaters as deceitful in every way possible. "You never really loved me" is a very common thought for someone who has been cheated on. If the cheater is not openly bisexual, people will think they have been deceitful even about their sexuality, just like when a man cheats on his wife with a guy and people think he was gay all along.

The evil/cheating bisexual is such an overused trope already, I don't know why we just expect/assume even more of that.

"Implying it would've been less terrible if she'd cheated with another woman?"

It's certainly not less wrong, but it can feel less terrible (even if just a small amount) to some people. If your same-sex partner cheats on you with a person of the opposite sex, there's a higher chance of you not only thinking things are wrong with the cheater but also thinking that things are wrong with you for not being of the "right sex", thus leading to strong feelings of inadequacy.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

That was not a serious theory, just pointing out that there are enough unknowns here to fill them in with basically any story without making the Ex a piece of shit in the grand scheme of things.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck though. Her ex probably was just a cheating douchebag, but let's not pretend like it's fact and not just speculation.

From what we can infer from Nagisa's situation, she and her ex have been together for a while, and they never even once gone on a date or become physically intimate. Nagisa loved her ex, but can we say the same for her ex?

Also, no decent person would ever cheat on their girlfriend/boyfriend on the day of their supposed first date. A decent person would properly break up with someone before being in bed with someone else. A decent person will break up with someone they don't love anymore (or in this case, not even from the beginning) personally, not with a fucking text message. Sometimes, a spade is just a spade. Some people are just pieces of shit, and I think there's enough information here to conclude that, even if people do fall for them. No excuse is a good enough reason for the ex to do what she did. And those are the facts, not conjecture. I've seen many real people go through this exact situation, and it's always the same story. A cliche, if you will.

joined May 4, 2013

Somewhere out there Nanako has a sudden chill and is not sure why.

hahaha

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

GET THE U HAUL

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Yas! It's here~ Finally some sweet sweet prime time on these two

Also I'm wondering what 5.4° Girlfriend means. A slight turn? A cold person? A 5.4 degree burn? I am so confused

joined Apr 6, 2019

Also I'm wondering what 5.4° Girlfriend means. A slight turn? A cold person? A 5.4 degree burn? I am so confused

I'm wondering about that, too. I can't figure it.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

From what we can infer from Nagisa's situation, she and her ex have been together for a while, and they never even once gone on a date or become physically intimate. Nagisa loved her ex, but can we say the same for her ex?

Also, no decent person would ever cheat on their girlfriend/boyfriend on the day of their supposed first date. A decent person would properly break up with someone before being in bed with someone else. A decent person will break up with someone they don't love anymore (or in this case, not even from the beginning) personally, not with a fucking text message. Sometimes, a spade is just a spade. Some people are just pieces of shit, and I think there's enough information here to conclude that, even if people do fall for them. No excuse is a good enough reason for the ex to do what she did. And those are the facts, not conjecture. I've seen many real people go through this exact situation, and it's always the same story. A cliche, if you will.

Literally everything you just wrote other than "Sometimes, a spade is just a spade." is subjective conjecture.
Anything that is an attempt at judging the quality of something else is inherently a subjective opinion and incapable of being fact. That's literally how objectivity works.

Subjective deductions are not fact no matter how convinced you are that it's accurate.

I'm not saying you're wrong mind you, just that you shouldn't treat opinions as facts when they're not.

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Thanks for this one translators, I intended to do this as a mid volume break but ya beat me to it lol.

Guess I should finish up the first volume this week

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Somewhere out there Nanako has a sudden chill and is not sure why.

hahaha

Nanako moves in. "Starting today will be the rest of my life living in the big city!...why am I hearing weird noises coming from the room next door??"

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I heard that lesbians move fast but didn't realize that meant 1st sexual experience fast.

@KingofKings
Your comment matches the expression of your avatar.

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

holy shit sakurako is such a charming woman. not necessarily good, but both here and in a main story she's very great at taking the mile and still be lovely.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 4:35PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

damn I feel bad for nagisa , that's tough

Jadina
joined Mar 23, 2024

honestly his is way better than the actual manga this is a prequel to. like i love weird voices but this characterizes sakurako and nagisa as individuals and their dynamic so much more

To reply you must either login or sign up.