Forum › Twins in Agony discussion

joined Mar 8, 2019

Hopefully the date will clarify Ako's feelings to Maki sensei and help her make a better decision.

I think she pretty much gets that Ako likes her. I just don't know whether Maki will agree to date her out of guilt/pity/duty or because she feels the same.

Yuki could be persistent with Komachi and simply be there for her, which can then develop into love between the two.

I'm shipping them so I'm down for that.

The way the author hides Chie sensei's face when interacting with Making sensei, shows some sad history between the two of them.

Yeah, there's definitely an untold story there.

Hopefully the fires burns and leaves behind a beautiful picture.

Seems like this story could have any combination of pairs ending up as couples.

It can go in any direction and it'd be believable because we don't know the characters that well yet.

joined Mar 8, 2019

There are five chapters of this out at the moment. Typesetter-chan was kind enough to help me with this one so I don't have to do everything myself like the first chapter. This is a pretty good manga in my opinion, especially in the next few chapters. If you like the emotional roller coaster types of stories, this one's for you. The manga admittedly tries to play coy about what it really wants to do, but everything will become clear soon enough.

With the exception of Ako every one else's motivations/feelings are hinted at. I love reading between the lines and I appreciate how subtle everything is at the moment so I'm definitely hooked.

joined Mar 8, 2019

this... will be utterly painful. gonna be honest here, I'm rooting for Yuki. If anything happens between her and her goals i'll punch someone.

I'm rooting for Yuki too. The friend hardly ever gets the girl and her character so far seems decent. I'm hoping Komachi’s not in love with Ako, just obsessed because she wants their 'twinness' to remain strong, so Yuki won't feel like a rebound.

last edited at May 22, 2020 6:22PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I'm hoping Yuki's not in love with Ako"

You mean Komachi instead of 'Yuki', Komachi being the younger twin?

joined Mar 8, 2019

"I'm hoping Yuki's not in love with Ako"

You mean Komachi instead of 'Yuki', Komachi being the younger twin?

Thanks for the catch but either way, it works cuz I’m hoping Yuki only has eyes for Komachi.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well well

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

This looks pretty interseting so far...

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

wtf is happening

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

I feel like sensei will never like her that way
so I'm rooting for the other twin and their friend

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

You know, i don't usually root for the twincest ending, but this might be my first time. Its just that i feel awkward AF whenever the sensei and the not-so-creepy twin do anything lovey dovey. Like it feels kinda forced, i dunno, i'll just have to wait and see.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

And I oop--

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

but everything will become clear soon enough.

Nice

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Ako's moving way too brash and fast. I love her cockiness tho.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

raeminyr posted:

Ako's moving way too brash and fast. I love her cockiness tho.

She has to.

If she's not forceful and firm, she'll be dismissed.

So she's gambling her everything on it.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Also, Sensei said she'd like someone who's forceful :P

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

What is the anxiety Ako's feeling?

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

What is the anxiety Ako's feeling?

It will become clear in time. We're just two chapters away from the latest raws.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

The attempt at hair cutting ??... Whats that meant to mean..

joined Feb 24, 2019

Can't wait for more now that we've seen more of Maki's thoughts and such. Curious who that girl from her youth might be and how that flashback will relate to the present going forward. Also, I really wanted Ako to realize how uncomfortable Maki was on the "date," but nope, a disguise will fix things!

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I really like how everything in this manga is just ever so slightly "off." It's really hard to convey it in translation, but I think the author made the dialogue intentionally stilted to help give that feeling. Not sure if our translation really gets that feeling across, but I did my best.

EDIT: Some translation notes for chapter 3 - This chapter heavily relied on the words "間違う" "wrong/mistake" and "正しい" "correct/right/proper" to an almost unsettling degree. I had to sacrifice some readability to accentuate the importance of the words "right" and "wrong" in this chapter.

last edited at May 25, 2020 1:58PM

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

The attempt at hair cutting ??... Whats that meant to mean..

Probably to make herself look like her sister and maybe trick Sensei into something? I can't say for certain.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

@Lucas Magnus

The translation doesn't need to perfect to get across that feeling. Komachi is being creepy af and people are smiling at all the wrong times. Plus the title literally primes us for bad feels.

I feel sorry for Yuki, she seems like the most innocent party here and only had the bad luck to crush on a messed up person.

last edited at May 25, 2020 1:28PM

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

we really out here with the love triangle

joined Mar 8, 2019

The whole manga feels stilted. Not in a bad way though. It’s just the tone of the story. Everyone has things they want to say and/or a refusal to act on things. So far we have Ako and Maki’s ‘reasons’ for possibly continuing a relationship. It’s simple enough, they both make each other feel good.

Now for Komachi I don’t know enough about her. Is she just one of those twins that relish in having a single identity? But then she hasn’t cut her hair like her sister so I’m guessing she’s the type that’s obsessed with her sister, (still don’t know whether it’s romantic though) and just wants to do anything and everything so they won’t lose their bond. She’s complicated since we don’t know her intentions.

Poor Yuki. Hope she’s equipped to handle Komachi... who probably just cut herself....

I wonder if flashback girl is connected to both Chie and Maki.

last edited at May 25, 2020 2:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.