Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Soo... since we all waiting here let's have a serious discussion: one of the Russian readers picked up on something that could be a major inconsistency regarding Asuka's age. If she is 15 during her winter of the second year of middle school, she can't be 16 throughout all winter of her first year of high school. Especially if she is a Taurus (birth date between April 21 and May 21), right?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

There's winter both at the beginning and the end of the year, right? It might just work if she had her 16th birthday between April 21 and May 21 of her third year of middle school...

Admittedly, this means she would be 19 at the end of her third year of high school, when she graduates, which is really unusual.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Then she should be 17 at the beginning of the manga since school year begins in April and manga starts between autumn and winter of her first year of high school (remember Ayako saying about a lot of work because it's a change of seasons?) I'm sure that it was between autumn and winter specifically because after some time confession happened, Asuka got sick and stayed home during New Year. Then a new semester started, enter Akira, Asuka is still 16. She turned 17 around the time of the wedding (and I just remembered that we made a double mistake on page 2 of volume 6 extra which we never fixed - actually Asuka is 17 here and Ayako is 38).

joined Feb 14, 2019

Anyone else see this and think of Asuka going nuts over how cute Ayako is in the nekomimi headband? (probably after spending days wheedling her into wearing it).

I miss Ayako so much

Here, let me help:
Nyayako

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Anyone else see this and think of Asuka going nuts over how cute Ayako is in the nekomimi headband? (probably after spending days wheedling her into wearing it).

I miss Ayako so much

Here, let me help:
Nyayako

she'll go even more nuts after she figures out how ayako is attaching that tail to herself

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

she'll go even more nuts after she figures out how ayako is attaching that tail to herself

She already knows how to attach it since she did it herself before:

Nyasuka

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Regarding Asuka's age
incest
http://gakuu.com/japanese-school-system/

It's entirely possible to appear as if she's behind everyone else because she would only have been 5 by the time school started and so she would have had to wait a year. So basically she'll be 18 when she graduates, but then will turn 19 like right away.

An interesting note: she'll be 18 during most of her final year. Fufufu

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

That's not the issue here. The problem is that It was stated that Asuka was 15 during her flashback with Miyuki in her 2nd year of middle school: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_volume_7_extras#2 But then if her birthday is in spring she can't be 16 in the autumn/winter of her 1st year of highschool when the manga starts https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch02#9.

joined May 26, 2020

I made an account just to say how great this manga is. I stayed up way past my bedtime to read the whole thing because I just could not stop reading. Don't reject your mom Asuka!

theHaramPriest
joined May 27, 2020

"MOM"
me: chokes

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

I made an account just to say how great this manga is. I stayed up way past my bedtime to read the whole thing because I just could not stop reading. Don't reject your mom Asuka!

imagine after all this time and internal struggling asuka just goes "wtf i'm your daughter no way" and calls CPS on ayako

Qtbtpsycho88
joined May 17, 2020

I really hope that's not the case lol. After all the struggle of waiting for the next chapter

last edited at May 29, 2020 3:23PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Been a month since the last update! Fidget fidget Corona probably delayed it though.

So when Ayako says "I love you," what is it in Japanese, and does she use a different phrasing than a mother-daughter love you?

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 3:01PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So when Ayako says "I love you," what is it in Japanese, and does she use a different phrasing than a mother-daughter love you?

"Anata no koto suki yo"

joined Jun 25, 2017

From Taiyaki,

Thank you for your concern, as you said Ichitonibun Noichi is currently suspended. I'm still busy everyday with my parents help this month, and I'm really sorry I don't know when I can go back to writing..! It would be very helpful if you could tell English-speaking people as well! Thank you.

Let's support if we can, subscribe to her pixiv if possible.

Qtbtpsycho88
joined May 17, 2020

That breaks my heart. Let's support her in all the way we can

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

From Taiyaki,

Thank you for your concern, as you said Ichitonibun Noichi is currently suspended. I'm still busy everyday with my parents help this month, and I'm really sorry I don't know when I can go back to writing..!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

From Taiyaki,

Thank you for your concern, as you said Ichitonibun Noichi is currently suspended. I'm still busy everyday with my parents help this month, and I'm really sorry I don't know when I can go back to writing..!

IDK why, but I imagined this playing after the stickfigure and their computer started floating in those tears.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Do you guys know if there are fanfics or sub reddits for this manga? Something to live with before the next chapter is out?

So does anyone know how Taiyaki feels about fanfiction? Overall doujin culture seems open enough to borrowing beloved characters, but the obvious area is anticipating "developments"... some authors find that sort of thing disconcerting/annoying.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

She seems to be okay with fan works in general, and also seems to really like them. If I remember correctly, there's at least one person that writes fanfiction that she retweets occasionally. It's crossed my mind a few times to write something, but I felt Miyuki was the only side character that was distant enough from the main plot (there's still a lot of mystery behind Akira that feels like it could be very consequential, for example), but that also had enough presence that her motivations and character were clear enough to work off of, and I'm not that interested in her.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 1:37AM

joined May 17, 2020

I got a new job 2 weeks back and got my first salary. I have subscribed to Taiyaki's pixiv. Let's help her folks.

joined May 17, 2020

I got a new job 2 weeks back and got my first salary. I have subscribed to Taiyaki's pixiv. Let's help her folks.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

This really sucks and I miss Ayako but health and safety is most important.

joined Jun 25, 2017

From Taiyaki,

IDK why, but I imagined this playing after the stickfigure and their computer started floating in those tears.

Haha, my feelings exactly.

joined Jun 25, 2017

(^∇^)ノ♪ yay!!! Same here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.