Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

/cackles in QC

/cackles some more

/continues to cackle for a very long time

i can’t wait about the bath scene.

I've seen that picture, I can't wait to find out just how Adachi convinces Shimamura to do that

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/cackles in QC

/cackles some more

I've seen that picture, I can't wait to find out just how Adachi convinces Shimamura to do that

/continues endlessly cackling, thinking "my sweet summer child"

/cackles in QC

/cackles some more

/continues endlessly cackling, thinking "my sweet summer child"

Lmao I just can't stop looking at that gif now that you've said that, I can feel/hear the cackling through my phone

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

/cackles in QC

/cackles some more

You’re gonna cackles for a very long time. Truly, Adachi is the epitome of embarrassment.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

I hate how I feel spoiled in my expectations reading the QC insider comment for the upcoming chapter, but at the same time I‘m not spoiled at all.

last edited at May 13, 2020 9:54AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I hate how I feel spoiled in my expectations reading the QC insider comment for the upcoming chapter, but at the same time I‘m not spoiled at all.

Well, that's the idea. I never want to actually spoil anything, just have a little fun. :)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/resumes endless cackling

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

holy sheeet. shima ran after her. and they're now officially dating. aigh, my heart

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Thank you so much, sneikkimies and shades! We've finally got to this point, haven't we?

Lovely chapters, I especially liked Shimamura's side since she was the one who really had to figure some things out and come to terms with Adachi's feelings and I think the author wrote that whole process wonderfully. Now I'm just left feeling happy.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Bwahaha, those 3 confessions were godlike. First one , they are both in a bathtub in swimsuit at Shima'shouse and Adachi confess while being dizzy and pass out. Second time, she confess during the firework and end up running when Adachi look at her. Last, she bite literally her tongue and end up spitting blood on Shimamura during the confession. Still, Shimamura's attitude over the confession are very Shimamura-like, abit like "i just want to try out going out with Adachi", although her reflexions on society are a bit painful but unfortunaly a bit accurate on Japan's society. But that's good, after 6 volumes, they finally end going out. Might as well wonder if the others will found out and how they will act. Especially Tarumin.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'm glad Shimamura already heard the first confession but also that Adachi kept trying until she got it more or less right.

Does anyone know when the anime of this will air?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

October, provided a certain virus doesn't have other plans.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

THIS IS SO GAY. BRB READING.

Update 1: LEWD

Update 2: The initial excitement is wearing off somewhat, but every single page has contained gold. Also, chapter 4, page 20: just normal.

last edited at May 13, 2020 9:21PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Aaaaaannnd now everyone knows why I have been cackling. :D

joined Jul 5, 2019

I screamed so much while reading this oh my god! Shimamura hugging Adachi! Adachi stripping in front of Shimamura to show off her swimsuit! The bath scene!!!! The multiple confessions, and Shimamura's acceptance lmfao. "Sure, why not." Is the most Shimamura thing ever and I will never get over it. But they're dating now!

October, provided a certain virus doesn't have other plans.

Arigato, sensei. And that virus has taken it’s madness too far when it has caused a delay of countless manga and anime releases.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I screamed so much while reading this oh my god! Shimamura hugging Adachi! Adachi stripping in front of Shimamura to show off her swimsuit! The bath scene!!!! The multiple confessions, and Shimamura's acceptance lmfao. "Sure, why not." Is the most Shimamura thing ever and I will never get over it. But they're dating now!

Me, the whole time I was first reading these chapters:

Which is why it evolved into cackling cuz I knew everyone else would be the same way lol

joined Jan 25, 2017

ahem

Squee.

Also AAAAAAAAAAA SHIMAMURA WAS SO GOOD IN THESE CHAPTERS AAAAAAAA ADACHI CONFESSED AAAAAAAAAAAA THEYRE DATING IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

@shades You did indeed have reason to be cackling like mad. Also thank you for translating these. I can't imagine how much time they take.

I cannot get over Adachi just stripping in front of Shimamura. I was absolutely baffled and genuinely wondered if she was just getting naked to seduce Shimamura. Well she was indeed trying to seduce her, just not in the bare flesh.

Damn though, where did she get the courage to confess not just once but three times? Her running away right after the second time was the most Adachi thing, as was Shimamura chasing after her. It's pleasant seeing how Shimamura's completely changed, from hanging up on Adachi because her ranting was becoming a pain to making the effort to initiate hugs, wear a yukata just because it'd make Adachi happy, and pursue her.

I loved seeing their thought processes throughout. Their dual contemplations on their respective weaknesses, desires, and other philosophical shit. One line I particularly liked from Adachi was when she was thinking about getting along with others and thought that even if that were to happen, it would still be Shimamura who would be in her line of vision. Shimamura actively drawing the line with Tarumi. Shou saying "I choose Yachii". Yashiro can read minds???

This page and the following one, where the narrative rapidly alternates between Shimamura and Adachi's thoughts, I thought it was beautiful. Both chapters have already done a lot of POV shifts, far more than usual when each chapter would usually be a one-sided narrative. I believe that's to show how they're becoming more in sync, and that simple back-and-forth sequence of thoughts really encapsulated their connection in that moment.

On another note, I'm starting to think a sex scene wouldn't be completely out of the question? The author has not shied away from having them describe, notice, and most importantly even enjoy physical attributes about each other (eg. Shimamura entering a state of bliss from Adachi hugging her in the bath, Shima staring at Adachi's chest, the gay mess that is Adachi getting flustered by Shimamura's looks/body). Well that's getting ahead of the story lol, since they just started dating, but that's what I'm secretly hoping for. Maybe it'll happen after another six volumes, seeing as to how slowly their relationship's been built up.

There's so much to say, I could be amazed by almost every sentence in these two chapters. Oh something else amazing: Shimamura's analogy of different types of love being different shapes, which makes sense but is bizarre, which is followed up with during her call with Tarumi in such a heartwarming way when she says her year with Adachi had taken so many shapes, and she'd yet to get bored of any of them.

This story is wonderful.

last edited at May 14, 2020 12:34AM

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

Finally... is all I want to say at this point...

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

I’m so far behind in this series because with the Moke version, the original version, the novel, the anime, I just don’t know which to read. This is a slow paced story so I kinda just want to know when Adachi and Shimamura get close or Adachi confesses or Shimamura figures it out. Let me know please! I’ll come back to my comment later when I see my email update me lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I’m so far behind in this series because with the Moke version, the original version, the novel, the anime, I just don’t know which to read. This is a slow paced story so I kinda just want to know when Adachi and Shimamura get close or Adachi confesses or Shimamura figures it out. Let me know please! I’ll come back to my comment later when I see my email update me lol

Yeah, you might wanna read this if those are things you wanna know about.... after all the manga and anime are all based in this Light Novel, it will always be ahead of everything else....

joined Aug 21, 2017

P R O G R E S S

To reply you must either login or sign up.