Forum › Edible Flowers discussion

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

The author hasn't drawn anything else since the project went into hiatus, so I'm not sure how "temporary" it really is.

A shame since the new developments could have had promise. I've come to like male friends characters in yuri stories that serve to promote the yuri; it's nice to have media that can promote the idea of man-woman friendship without needing romantic subtext tacked on, and men who support the lesbian relationship while showing that the lead isn't just "lacking a good man". Plus, Dai-chan could have been a way of humanizing Taneda and Hanoka by having the couple accentuate the positive sides of the characters while Dai-chan exposes the negative sides (we know next to nothing about Hanoka at this point).

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I came across with this last year. Yes, it was incomplete. However, chap. 6 can be the ending for me and the supporting cast will just affirm both sexual preferences in the long run. Somebody mentioned about an "ash tray". There so many things you can infer from it. Albeit, it can also suggest past relationship, still, it doesn't hold ground to the "Edible Flower", i.e, Ibuki Taneda, in Hanaoka-san perspective. Right from chap. 1, if I put altogether "growing edible flower"process, age gap, Hanaoka-san receiving a past confession from same-sex, train experience and author's emphasis to Ibuki's lack of confidence, naiveness, and insecurity against Hanaoka's self-directedness, maturity and physical beauty, you would see how character development subtly unfolds for 6 chapters and extra. Simply put, Hanaoka-san knew what she wants right from the start. Along with love, she grew the edible flower until it was ready to eat.

Edit: Hanaoko to Hanaoka...

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 8:14PM

joined Jul 17, 2016

I like how Ibuki was mature enough to voice her concerns directly to Hanaoka. The miscommunication drama cliche has its time and place, but too many manga rely on it as their sole crutch for plot development.

It would be such a shame if ch 6 was the end. It felt like the story was just starting to blossom and had lots of room to grow. Ch 6 itself introduced quite a few plot lines waiting to be explored.

1185287_545264538860379_946420239_n
joined Aug 30, 2013

I hope this starts up again in the future.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Well, at least this wouldnt be the worst ending point, if this doesnt get revived. :) Ofc it sucks for the dude, but he never had a chance anyway. I mean she chose HIM, a male as an excuse for an overnight stay, so that their parents dont think she has sex/a boyfriend. Couldnt get more friendzoned than that.

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 7:00PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

One of the most beautiful Manga's that I have read.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

love this so much

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

really hope this starts up again someday. the story is so cute and so few mangas have characters that feel like real people that actually think and have anxiety over love in a ground honest way. there's so much more room to grow and i hope it does, fulling knowing that it probably never will

joined Aug 24, 2018

Truly an edible flower. xD

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This artist isn't actually dead, her twitter account is still active - https://twitter.com/nomonosu_kby. Kobeya seems to be mostly making Sailor Moon and Utena fanart nowadays, but this does mean that this series coming back isn't too unlikely. The last time she made art for this couple was on May 2017:

The problem box is digested. I also want to resume the creation of the flower shop lily. Thank you for the message.

This was Google-Translated but it should get the point across. It did seem that Kobeya, at least back in May 2017, wanted to continue this series. Maybe she ran into some serious writers' block?

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 12:10AM

Received_195311451572093
joined Dec 9, 2015

It's 2019 and I'm still waiting

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I want to see the rest of this. I hate finding dropped seem that deserve to be finished like this.

joined Jan 22, 2019

Chapter7 please

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Is it just me or was there another Manga similar to this? Only the other one ended on a nice note.

Almost 2020 and no signs of continuing, their Twitter is also gone. Seems like the author is focusing on creating Utena fan-art now. I really want to see more of this!

loodyetpanicking
Download
joined Jan 5, 2020

Well into 2020 and no signs of life ;-;

joined Apr 10, 2020

I really liked how this series was going, such a shame new chapters aren't being regularly updated. :/

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

I miss this :(

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Oh god, not another one. I still have a small amount of hope left tho.

dmitry106 Uploader
Subtext Only Translations
joined Nov 24, 2020

Oh, another yuri without high/middle school aged girls with miscommunication drama, I'm into that...

released Jan 13 '18

:/

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 4:26PM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow only found this today and it’s such a delightful series to read. Truly a shame it hasn’t updated in years. I hope the author comes back at some point, but it’s tough to hold out hope when it’s been so long
Edit:
It’s been 10 minutes and I literally just looked at author’s pixiv and about a month ago they apparently uploaded a “final chapter” of the series. It’s pretty short but it would be nice to get it translated
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91192249
Still so heartbreaking that this is the end to a super sweet series though…

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 5:44AM

joined Mar 18, 2018

How come everytime i find a new(old) yuri manga that is really good It's either in hiatus or cancelled?
No deep drama. No love triangle. Just pure n' sweet.

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

I NEED MOARRR PLS ヽ(;▽;)ノ
The aure of calm dependable (experienced?) adult hanaoka-san exudes sure is hot,, more so bcs she doesnt look the type, its refreshing.

last edited at Nov 27, 2021 11:05AM

maidenlessclaire
Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

Devastating that this only has 6 chapters. I absolutely love those two and this had so much potential.

To reply you must either login or sign up.