Forum › Posts by Neobluminati

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

There is no explanation more fitting for Arisa's amnesia than happiness overload. In fact, it must be contagious because I can't stop smiling whenever I read this manga.

joined Jul 17, 2016

The detailed, exaggerated close up facial expressions were amazing. It's incredible that 3 short pages can have so many people (myself included) wishing for more.

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

Interesting premise and lovely art. Satoko becoming jealous of her fictional self was really adorable.

Neobluminati
Indigo Blue discussion 01 Feb 01:38
joined Jul 17, 2016

I remember passing on this manga years ago because I was a little put off by the art. I finally gave it a shot, and I really enjoyed it. The art was beautiful and complimented the serious nature of the story. It was nice to have realistic male characters like Ryuuji and Den-san. I'm personally not too fond of the yuri trope that all men are human garbage that exist solely to traumatize women. In my opinion, a well written male character can add a lot of depth to a yuri story. Unless there's a het ending. That filth is the worst crime imaginable in yuri.

Rutsu really got on my nerves the longer she strung along Ryuuji and Tamaki. My heart ached for both of them as the deception continued. However, I could see why Rutsu felt the need to keep lying. Rutsu knew that Ryuuji was madly in love with her and couldn't bring herself to hurt him. Even though she didn't love him, she still cared deeply about his feelings. Of course this meant that Rutsu had to lie about breaking up to Tamaki. Tamaki was right when she said Rutsu wanted to have her cake and eat it too.

It seemed like the author was really pushing for the fated, happy ending. Normally, I would prefer the "happily ever after", but this is one of the only manga where I would have liked to see a tragic ending. Even though Rutsu's actions were understandable, she didn't think about the consequences of those actions. Rutsu couldn't even manage to give Ryuuji a proper apology. The best he got was, "by the way, I liked the sex". Also, if Tamaki was the protagonist instead, then the dramatic twist would be that Rutsu was cheating on her with a man. Ryuuji and Tamaki were the real heroes of this manga for me. Rutsu didn't deserve their love, patience, and forgiveness.

That said, the flaws were why the characters seemed so real. Confusion, love, happiness, heartbreak, regret... Ebine perfectly captured these emotions and more in this manga.

joined Jul 17, 2016

I am so glad I set aside the time to reread the whole manga from start to finish instead of jumping straight into the new chapters. Reading the previous volumes reminded me how cute, funny, and fluffy this manga was. I loved all the characters and the abundant pages dedicated to fleshing out their flaws and development. The manga did a fantastic job of showing how everyone wears a mask and the fear of revealing one's true self. Oga adopted the boyish prince role because she was too kind to disappoint people's expectations. Himeko surrounded herself with cute things because she valued the opinions of others more than her own. Kusanagi-san was so lonely, that she believed the only solution was to embrace the loneliness and keep people at a distance. With the exception of Sayuri, same sex and incest romances seemed to be the least of their worries, which was a refreshing change of pace. They all eventually came to terms with their individuality and what it meant to accept yourself despite how others may react. My only complaint was that the side characters didn't get much screen time after their initial lengthy story arcs. It would have been nice to see more of Oga and Himeko in particular.

The drama was generally believable and resolved somewhat realistically. In my opinion, Itou used drama as a tool to grow each character rather than just for the sake of advancing the plot. Mikoto's constant adorable hijinks provided comedic relief and prevented the manga from becoming too serious... except from chapter 19 onward. I felt my heart sinking as the chapter progressed, and I cried when Sayuri woke up alone. To be honest, I already suspected that Mikoto was dead after the first few chapters. There were plenty of hints and foreshadowing that Mikoto's time on Earth was limited. However, because of the manga's over saturated cuteness and the lighthearted drama, I wasn't prepared for the truth to finally be acknowledged. A small part of me hoped that Mikoto would just stay an angel forever. I struggled to get through chapter 20 and 21 because I genuinely believed that Mikoto was gone for good. I think my mind immediately jumped to the worst conclusion because I was afraid of getting my hopes crushed. This made the ending that much more sweet, and this time I was crying tears of joy. This manga has definitely become one of my favorites.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 1:17AM

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this one. It was short and sweet but had a surprising amount of depth for just 3 chapters. I thought the cotton candy analogy was very fitting for a short story concept.

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

I agree with everyone else who said this was the best chapter yet. This manga is overflowing with so much cuteness that my face is constantly plastered with the smile of a raving lunatic when reading it.

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

I like how Ibuki was mature enough to voice her concerns directly to Hanaoka. The miscommunication drama cliche has its time and place, but too many manga rely on it as their sole crutch for plot development.

It would be such a shame if ch 6 was the end. It felt like the story was just starting to blossom and had lots of room to grow. Ch 6 itself introduced quite a few plot lines waiting to be explored.

joined Jul 17, 2016

I was also hoping for a bit more yuri, but at least it was a happy ending. On the bright side, Aoi will have plenty more entries for her Journal of Sisterly Love.

Sisterly love is justice!!

Neobluminati
joined Jul 17, 2016

This was incredibly adorable. Manami tried really hard to give Mari what she wanted. I absolutely love how Mari then proceeded to completely dismantle Manami's scheme. The closeness of their friendship was obvious from how Mari had no hesitation in calling Manami out.