Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Aug 15, 2018

I think that's excusing her behavior a bit. Even if she isn't very sharp, I don't think they had sex for Sei's shake. She didn't want to let Sei completely off, because she was the only person who loved her. But even if she just felt sorry for her, she should have completely let her move on and not add more to the fuel. Maybe this is bad writing and Sei was so in love with her for no reason with Yoru doing the absolute least, but I'm more skeptical about this version rather than Yoru also consciously contributing to it.

Yeah, but Sei was the first person to love her completely. She might not have known how to deal with that. And then when Sei ended up going to her guy, she realizes she done messed up.

Yoru seems like a chaser, so I guess an overwhelming love seemed like she had already won her over? Or even scary?

joined Aug 15, 2018

Is Yoru 100% straight though?

She's spaghetti. Straight until wet.

So many of them like that playing with gay girls hearts :'(

Oh yes, really liking this series, love to see more of it

Dubious deeds aside, I gotta say I really like Yoru's style and looks

That's why I'm so obsessed with her!
She is spot on my type, and looks (and acts) like a couple of my exes.. aha

joined Mar 8, 2019

Why do I want Aya to end up with Sei. Sei is an teacher f#%king a highschool girl. Practicality raping Aya unitl she likes it. Not to mention taunting Aya's friend with those pictures. Sei is pretty much a hentai style villain. If Sei was a guy, I would want to beat her with a tireiron. But because Sei is a woman, I'm rooting for her.

At least you recognize the double standards lol. Because she is a woman and less physically threatening, they give the false sense of security. Plus we hear more frequently about males being violent than women.

Definitely agree. It might be subconscious association. Men were usually associated with things like violence, dominance, power play. Women were often regarded as nurturers and caregivers.

I think that's a reach at this point. Maybe Yoru will end up being more sympathetic, but not knowing how to deal with it is a stretch. She wouldn't have sex with her if she was so in shock and clueless. She also wouldn't sleep around with many guys, talk about her guy issues with Sei and be away from Sei for 8 years.

It’s a bit of a reach yes, but from what we know about Yoru so far- how other students dubbed her a delinquent man stealer, how only she and Sei went for karaoke, how she says that Sei is the only one who’d stay with her- it doesn’t seem like she has a lot of other female friends, let alone any platonic relationships.

Yoru’s behavior, how she enters relationships one after the other, is usually pattern for someone hoping sex can turn into love in fiction (which can be another reason why a misguided teen sleeps with her best friend). At the moment, it’s reinforced by the fact that she married so young.

Sei going to Yoru’s ex- something we know has happened only once- could have made Yoru realize how much things blew up in both their faces and that’s why she cut ties with Sei. Or maybe she cut ties with Sei because she was getting married- we don’t know yet.

I don’t think her arc with Sei is quite done yet, seeing as Sei basically just ran away from her negative feelings yet again.

Though that could just be because I’m hoping she and Aya meet...

I know most of its speculation and I could definitely be wrong. I’m just saying I won’t be surprised if Yoru’s made out to be a victim of her own stupid decisions rather than a malicious conniving shrew.

More than a week can vary from 2 weeks to 90 years. It was more than a week but not more than a month. Still very soon.

Time isn’t the only factor to consider. There’s also Aya’s situation before Sei came into her life and how Sei brought forth a plethora of new experiences and emotions. It’s a combination of things that lead to the development of their relationship.

Experiencing something once, even for just a short amount of time, can be enough to contribute a difference to one’s life.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 10:12AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yoru seems like a chaser, so I guess an overwhelming love seemed like she had already won her over? Or even scary?

I can see her definitely getting overwhelmed by the fact Sei went to her boyfriend and how it might even scare her into cutting ties with Sei. Not because she’s scared of Sei but that Sei can do it again and ruin her chances of finding a guy who’ll take her seriously.

So many of them like that playing with gay girls hearts :'(

I get wanting to experiment but don’t do it with someone who you know has feelings for you...

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

The way Sei left Yoru was wonderful

I would like to imagine that Sei just sprinted away

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Why do I want Aya to end up with Sei. Sei is an teacher f#%king a highschool girl. Practicality raping Aya unitl she likes it. Not to mention taunting Aya's friend with those pictures. Sei is pretty much a hentai style villain. If Sei was a guy, I would want to beat her with a tireiron. But because Sei is a woman, I'm rooting for her.

At least you recognize the double standards lol. Because she is a woman and less physically threatening, they give the false sense of security. Plus we hear more frequently about males being violent than women.

No I don't think that's right. I would see a man doing these things to Aya as stealing her innocence, corrupting her. However, I just don't get that feeling when it's with a woman. It's like all of the things Aya has done with Sei doesn't count. To put it in manga gag terms Aya should have no issue with getting married.

joined Mar 9, 2020

No I don't think that's right. I would see a man doing these things to Aya as stealing her innocence, corrupting her. However, I just don't get that feeling when it's with a woman. It's like all of the things Aya has done with Sei doesn't count. To put it in manga gag terms Aya should have no issue with getting married.

I think that's why you feel that way
Because Aya is definitely into sex, not just letting Sei enjoy it
If I really wanted Aya, our relationship could end right away

They both give and receive to each other
(Sex, comfort)

And Aya is also braver and more dominant now

Sorry for spelling Google Translate :(

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 3:07PM

joined Jul 23, 2017

I just realized at ch10.5 that the english title was "It's a detached relationship" and here I am thinking what the hell is Aya talking about detached relationship

joined Jul 23, 2017

I’ll answer these lines by anim8tur a bit late, but still:

Lonely teenage girl with extremely low self esteem falling for the first stranger to ever show interest in her does not feel that far fetched to me.
The fact that she went to meet Kuro at the thought of losing her means she’d already developed a strong emotional connection with Kuro over text.
Aya had nothing and then comes Sei, who’s interested in her, who took the time to message her daily just to ask about her, who sparks her own curiosity, who awakened her sexual desires, the combination of all that makes it easy for Sei to become her reason to be alive.

This is soooo ridiculous. Like, are you a woman? Have you EVER been to dating apps, sites etc? When you create an account, you get like dozens of messages, and 99,9% of them are shit like “Are you a virgin? What are you wearing? Wanna see my dick? Have you got a boyfriend? Do you like cunnilingus? You have nice boobs, wanna lick ‘em!” and stuff like that. From what we can see, Sei did exactly the same. She started her perverted chat soon after they began talking. Daily, yeah, like for a week? So how do you think, are there a lot of woman who “develop a strong emotional connection” to that kinda fellows? None. Really, practically zero. Because it’s disturbing. Because it’s invading privacy. It’s uncomfortable. And it’s way more so when you are a lonely teenage girl with extremely low self esteem. So something like a girl falling in love with a stranger who writes in a chat “I wanna fuk u real hard ooohhh babe” is not even forced, it’s stupid and funny. It’s almost comedy. Thus this romance is pulled out of an ass. It’s called “bad writing”.

So if Aya met a boy in the dating app everything instantly changes this manga wouldn't exist anymore its just chance that she talked to Sei (Kuro) I mean is Aya even gay? Now im confusing myself hahahahah

joined Mar 8, 2019

Is it because there’s no penis and Aya’s hymen is still in tact? If Sei whipped out her strap would that make it count? Or it still won’t matter since it’s not a real penis and there’s no ejaculate?

joined Mar 8, 2019

Am I the only one who thinks that if Aya continues to top, she'll definitely push Yoru out of Sei's heart? Jokes aside, I think associating negative feelings with Yoru can definitely help Sei move on. I also like that she's thinking about Aya as more than a sex puppet. Being with Aya is becoming cathartic for Sei... problem is Aya seems like she's going to be pulling away.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think that the "hypothetical gender switch" is often of limited utility when thinking through issues in yuri manga, because if the gender of one of the characters in a relationship gets changed, pretty much the whole ideological configuration of the imagined world would change along with it.

The probability of characters taking various actions changes, their attitudes toward those actions shift, and the social options available to the characters are transformed as well.

(Although with johnb, I suspect it's mostly a fundamental "yuri good, het bad" mindset at work.)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Is it because there’s no penis and Aya’s hymen is still in tact? If Sei whipped out her strap would that make it count? Or it still won’t matter since it’s not a real penis and there’s no ejaculate?

Basically two women together is not as valid as a man and a woman. Therefore it's ok for a girl to be with another girl because it doesn't count and she will remain a virgin until she meets the guy who will marry her and he will still find her pure.
It's a mindset of why a portion of people like Yuri. They still get to see girls naked, but also maintaining their pure waifu status before graduating and going for guys (who will be the self insert of the reader)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MacySan posted:

Basically two women together is not as valid as a man and a woman. Therefore it's ok for a girl to be with another girl because it doesn't count and she will remain a virgin until she meets the guy who will marry her and he will still find her pure.
It's a mindset of why a portion of people like Yuri. They still get to see girls naked, but also maintaining their pure waifu status before graduating and going for guys (who will be the self insert of the reader)

You sound really bitter.

Unless it's sarcasm?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

MacySan posted:

You sound really bitter.

Unless it's sarcasm?

Wut? What part of it sounds bitter? Purity waifu fans exist, I just described the whole mindset.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Who in their right mind would think that a girl having sex with another girl is still "pure"?

joined Dec 9, 2014

Ohh yeah you completely missed the point. I didn't say I believe that, I said how some Yuri fans think. You don't seem to have scrolled up the conversation much.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I totally get the heternormative belief that still exists which discounts lesbian activities as actual sexual/romantic experiences. I'm simply asking if a line can be crossed where the girl who engages in these acts with another girl stops being 'pure'? Or will it continually be disregarded as 'practice' just because she doesn't get, excuse the crude language, an actual penis to cum on/in her?

Who in their right mind would think that a girl having sex with another girl is still "pure"?

There are people who don't think lesbian sex counts as actual sex or that '3rd base'/foreplay aren't real sexual encounters.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

It all started with "send bobs n vegana plz"

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I totally get the heternormative belief that still exists which discounts lesbian activities as actual sexual/romantic experiences. I'm simply asking if a line can be crossed where the girl who engages in these acts with another girl stops being 'pure'? Or will it continually be disregarded as 'practice' just because she doesn't get, excuse the crude language, an actual penis to cum on/in her?

There are people who don't think lesbian sex counts as actual sex or that '3rd base'/foreplay aren't real sexual encounters.

Yeah we're in the 21st century with modern problems, modern solutions, modern views. Yet, we still have people who think the way the peasants in the Bronze Age Palestine did. We're a society that's too nice to let these olden vermins live amongst the enlightened.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Eve no Okusuri's first chapter has just been translated to Spanish. I expect we'll see it translated to English soon. It's a one-volume manga Flowerchild published right before starting Warikitta. It's like a general rehearsal for Warikitta, lol. The main differences are that, in Warikitta, Sei is not a teacher at Aya's school, and Aya is already a woman with a well-developed body. Thus, the potential problems with authority issues and underaged sex are cleanly solved. In Eve no Okusuri, Eve is a middle-schooler with a tween's body, and the beautiful sexbomb sensei who seduces her works at Eve's school, haha. (In fact, they have sex at school in this very first chapter!) But, leaving those details aside, it's easy to see that the two MCs are prototype characters for Aya and Sei. (Eve's thoughts about how wonderful it is to have a nice, beautiful, sexy older woman pamper you and make you feel good? Just what you would expect of Aya!)
For now, there's only one translated chapter out, but I can already tell it will be a fascinating read... among other things, because we will find out the secret origin of that awesome masterpiece of yuri that is Warikitta. (b^_^)b

A few choice images, with comments:

A flashback to the time they first met. Eve is so chibi and cute!

After all these kisses, Eve starts suspecting that sensei wants to seduce her.

Eve turns tables and goes for the breasts! Later, they move into a nipple-sucking sixty-nine.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 12:39AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think that the "hypothetical gender switch" is often of limited utility when thinking through issues in yuri manga, because if the gender of one of the characters in a relationship gets changed, pretty much the whole ideological configuration of the imagined world would change along with it.

The probability of characters taking various actions changes, their attitudes toward those actions shift, and the social options available to the characters are transformed as well.

(Although with johnb, I suspect it's mostly a fundamental "yuri good, het bad" mindset at work.)

Shamefully I think anim8tur nailed it on the head, however crudely. My yuri good, het bad attitude stems from my unshakable feeling that sex between women is inherently pure and innocent. I hate that about myself though. I feel like I'm belittling lesbian love and love making, with it.

Hahaha I feel like I should pay you guys therapy fees.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Shamefully I think anim8tur nailed it on the head, however crudely. My yuri good, het bad attitude stems from my unshakable feeling that sex between women is inherently pure and innocent. I hate that about myself though. I feel like I'm belittling lesbian love and love making, with it.

Hahaha I feel like I should pay you guys therapy fees.

Johnb, the fact that you associate ladies loving ladies as pure and innocent doesn’t mean you’re belittling lesbian sex, you actually seem more like you’re romanticizing it since you don’t think that women are capable of harsh sexual acts (even though they are).

As long as you’re not perpetuating the belief that homosexual couples are just “playing house” and that they merely need for the ‘right opposite sex partner’ to turn their lives around in the right direction, your conscience can remain clear.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Eve no Okusuri's first chapter has just been translated to Spanish. I expect we'll see it translated to English soon. It's a one-volume manga Flowerchild published right before starting Warikitta. It's like a general rehearsal for Warikitta, lol. The main differences are that, in Warikitta, Sei is not a teacher at Aya's school, and Aya is already a woman with a well-developed body. Thus, the potential problems with authority issues and underaged sex are cleanly solved. In Eve no Okusuri, Eve is a middle-schooler with a tween's body, and the beautiful sexbomb sensei who seduces her works at Eve's school, haha. (In fact, they have sex at school in this very first chapter!) But, leaving those details aside, it's easy to see that the two MCs are prototype characters for Aya and Sei. (Eve's thoughts about how wonderful it is to have a nice, beautiful, sexy older woman pamper you and make you feel good? Just what you would expect of Aya!)
For now, there's only one translated chapter out, but I can already tell it will be a fascinating read... among other things, because we will find out the secret origin of that awesome masterpiece of yuri that is Warikitta. (b^_^)b

A few choice images, with comments:

(https://i.imgur.com/KzdlGn6.jpg)

A flashback to the time they first met. Eve is so chibi and cute!

(https://i.imgur.com/TK4woR9.jpg)

After all these kisses, Eve starts suspecting that sensei wants to seduce her.

(https://i.imgur.com/VO2p95t.jpg)

Eve turns tables and goes for the breasts! Later, they move into a nipple-sucking sixty-nine.

Hm, interesting. I was not aware that this existed. Very much interested in translating this myself. Do you know where I can find good quality raws for this?

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:25PM by Nezchan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MacySan posted:

Ohh yeah you completely missed the point. I didn't say I believe that, I said how some Yuri fans think. You don't seem to have scrolled up the conversation much.

I didn't miss the point. You're "attacking" (or pointing at) people who are not worth the time to get angry at, because they are probably a tiny minority of yuri readers.

"This girl is having sex with another girl, it's really exciting, but I consider her a virgin because she didn't experience my powerful dick yet. Then she'll forget about others entirely."

I don't deny that some people may think like that (though that kind of reasoning is beyond me), but I don't think they are worth getting angry at, since they are mostly irrelevant.

There are flat-earthers too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.