Forum › Daily Smile discussion

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

Ok, but what konbini just casually carries turmeric?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

wait do we have a yuri author who's actually lesbian? lol. and one that doesn't just do stuff on their own life??

Wait, aren't such yuri authors, like, the most common type?

Kodama Naoko.
The Duality of Man.

The Duality of Woman*

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 4:58AM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I love her art so much. When can we get a multi chapter story Naoko.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Ok, but what konbini just casually carries turmeric?

Apparently it's a popular hangover cure. It comes mixed into energy drinks and that sort of thing. I assume that's what she's buying, not some straight powdered turmeric.

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

YESILIKETHISMORE HAAA HAAAA...

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

wait do we have a yuri author who's actually lesbian? lol. and one that doesn't just do stuff on their own life??

Most Yuri authors are either gonna be gay women or straight men from what I’ve seen, to relatively even amounts but slightly favoring gay women these days?

Tbh it doesn’t really matter cause despite what some ppl on this site may think they won’t be able to tell the difference 95% of the time as long as the writing is decent

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 6:43AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

this is weird, I need the netorare and useless drama or else it’s not kodama naoko

I get the feeling that someone, perhaps editor chan, threatened naoko into writing a fluffy story against their own will

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 8:34AM

Images
joined Sep 30, 2014

Bright Cherry Amnesia already showed us that throwing up may lead to great things. Now this. Seems like i was using wrong pick up method whole my life.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Wholesome Naoko is super cute, but I also like (except for the ntr and rape) dark Naoko.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

this is weird, I need the netorare and useless drama or else it’s not kodama naoko

I get the feeling that someone, perhaps editor chan, threatened naoko into writing a fluffy story against their own will

Nah, it's just Kodama having a split personality, unified only by her love of big boobs.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was so lovely. Good way to stat another day in quarantine.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

falling in love with a cute cashier. one of the essential lesbian experiences

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's Light Side Kodama, yay!

No worries she'll Face-Heel Turn back into a full-on Sith Lord sooner or later anyways :P

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

The God has blessed!

It's so mean of manager-san to tease customer-san like that. I hope she takes her responsibility.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Wait wheres the drama... This author making fluffy cute stuff without NTR or drama? Unthinkable

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i love kodama both when she's being fucked up and when she's just writing cute fluff like this

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

They are so cuuute
I need more ! >o<

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Last bubble on page 7 - UP is missing after PICKED.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I never thought that I'd say this, but I actually miss Kodama Naoko's toxic stuff... I wonder if all her stuff got me into liking mutually toxic relationships... yeah, probably.

@misxellaneous What's that quote from anyhow? I looked it up and just saw a Spotify playlist and a Twitter post, so I assume it's from the Twitter post heh.

She says as much in her Book 'i married my female junior to shut Up my parents'

She descripes it as Dark Naoko and Light Naoko

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I never thought that I'd say this, but I actually miss Kodama Naoko's toxic stuff... I wonder if all her stuff got me into liking mutually toxic relationships... yeah, probably.

@misxellaneous What's that quote from anyhow? I looked it up and just saw a Spotify playlist and a Twitter post, so I assume it's from the Twitter post heh.

She says as much in her Book 'i married my female junior to shut Up my parents'

She descripes it as Dark Naoko and Light Naoko

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Tbh it doesn’t really matter cause despite what some ppl on this site may think they won’t be able to tell the difference 95% of the time as long as the writing is decent"

Age 15 really felt male to me, with the rampant panty shots and quick unmotivated 'action'. Dunno if that's the 5%, poorly written, or me being wrong.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Most Yuri authors are either gonna be gay women or straight men from what I’ve seen, to relatively even amounts but slightly favoring gay women these days?

Tbh it doesn’t really matter cause despite what some ppl on this site may think they won’t be able to tell the difference 95% of the time as long as the writing is decent

Age 15 really felt male to me, with the rampant panty shots and quick unmotivated 'action'. Dunno if that's the 5%, poorly written, or me being wrong.

In general, I don't think you can make assumptions about an author's sex or sexuality from their work. Kodama Naoko has drawn a lot of teen's love comics (basically shoujo manga, but with sex) and even some yaoi. If you look at literature or film or any other creative medium, there are lots of female writers writing stories from the perspective of men, male writers writing stories from the perspective of women, heterosexuals writing about homosexuals, homosexuals writing about heterosexuals, etc. It seems like there's a tendency among manga fans to project ideas from the work onto its author, which I don't see in other media. Someone can be interested in yuri as a genre without being romantically attracted to women. And at the end of the day, mangaka are professional authors. They draw manga not for their own satisfaction, but to make a living.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 3:50AM

joined Feb 14, 2019

It's not quite the same as being able to tell consciously, but not too long ago I went though my yuri favourites list and looked up the authors... 100% female, surprised myself actually.

There is plenty of stuff I like written by men, but it seems my top picks, the stuff that really resonates with me, is written by women.

last edited at May 19, 2020 12:38AM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Wow, a fluff story for once. Then again, I've only read 2 of Kodama's works and that was the lolicon manga and NTR

To reply you must either login or sign up.