Forum › We're Aiming For Love Now: Side B discussion

joined Apr 14, 2013

We need babies next

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013
Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

my response to

Link to Shinobu's perspective: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/were_aiming_for_love_now#2

and

The original story, in Conditions for Paradise, was from Shinobu's perspective.

hehe, I honestly never considered that Shinobu's perspective; I considered it more of the foundation for the story as a whole. I suppose I was looking for balance where We're Aiming for Love Now is the root, Sides A and B are Lalah's POV on how their relationship has changed, and then there would be 2 more chapters from Shinobu's POV on how their relationship changed. either way, interesting display of how couples in LTR grow and change over time.

last edited at Oct 2, 2014 8:19AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

sigh these comments just make me sad, there is a thing called nostalgia look it up

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

This one just felt awkward to me. Even tho shes not really saying that she prefer the loli Shinobu, but i can't help but read it that way.

Well despite the awkwardness there was still alot of cute stuff in it, so i guess it's fine.
I do not dislike this one..but Shinobu's perspective is much better if you ask me :)

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

sigh these comments just make me sad, there is a thing called nostalgia look it up

I think most of us, if not all know what nostalgia is.. But i did not get that feeling when reading this.

joined Dec 7, 2013

Yeah that's what I got from this, she just seemed like she was pining for the times when Shinobu was the smaller one of the pair and when she could baby and spoil her a lot; seen as in the present day Shinobu seems like the more mature and adult of the two.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah that's what I got from this, she just seemed like she was pining for the times when Shinobu was the smaller one of the pair and when she could baby and spoil her a lot; seen as in the present day Shinobu seems like the more mature and adult of the two.

Yup. At the time she had two roles, girlfriend and surrogate mother. A little part of her misses the latter role, even as she cherishes the former and would never want to give it up. The coming of Christmas and their anniversary reminded her of that girl she first fell in love with.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I thought this was very powerful, it really moved me and it's been quite awhile since i've felt that strongly about a manga.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

So, I'm not one for loli or pedo, but I really didn't get those feelings from this. For one thing, she wasn't an adult, she was under 18. And another thing, once they realized it didn't feel right, they stopped. I'm sure many people have been attracted to others they feel they shouldn't be and don't respond to those feelings. And she misses the young Shinobu that she used to take care of. Yes, I would say those are mother instincts kicking in and if they had a child, her nostalgic feeling would disperse. So once again, I had a serious conteplation regarding fictional characters, eh. I really enjoyed this two-shot, but then again, I enjoy all of Morishima sensei's work.

last edited at Oct 2, 2014 3:08PM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

She wants the old loli shinobu back

I guess it's time for science babies!

+1.

Or adoption?

No, it has to be science baby. Because Lalah misses the small, young Shinobu. If they adopted a kid it wouldn't look one bit like Shinobu, however it's possible with the science-baby genetics.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

my response to

Link to Shinobu's perspective: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/were_aiming_for_love_now#2

and

The original story, in Conditions for Paradise, was from Shinobu's perspective.

hehe, I honestly never considered that Shinobu's perspective; I considered it more of the foundation for the story as a whole. I suppose I was looking for balance where We're Aiming for Love Now is the root, Sides A and B are Lalah's POV on how their relationship has changed, and then there would be 2 more chapters from Shinobu's POV on how their relationship changed. either way, interesting display of how couples in LTR grow and change over time.

Yeah, while it was definitely from Shinobu's POV, I wish it was about the same things that Lalah was experiencing. I want to know what Shinobu was thinking when she was constantly mentioning Punny Cure when something was off with Lalah.

And also, it's bothering me how people keep saying pedo when the two of them were close in age. And honestly, I didn't even think about that kind of thing when I was reading it. I was more focused on Lalah's feelings of nostalgia.

Plus, the way the last chapter was written just made me feel iffy. I know that Lalah only misses the old Shinobu a little but it just felt more negative than that. Just the feeling.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Funny pedo jokes or sad nostalgia that reminds us all of better times. Sorry I'm just not mature enough.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Funny pedo jokes or sad nostalgia that reminds us all of better times. Sorry I'm just not mature enough.

1. Funny
  2. Pedo jokes

You can only choose one.

joined Apr 6, 2013

1. Funny
  2. Pedo jokes

You can only choose one.

Nah, thanks to a genetic defect that makes me find horrible things really funny I can do both. Being soulless has its perks.

last edited at Oct 2, 2014 6:05PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder how much of this is Morishima's actual experience. Somehow this story felt way more dramatic than her other works, so it must have been brought to light out of her for a reason.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Yup. At the time she had two roles, girlfriend and surrogate mother. A little part of her misses the latter role, even as she cherishes the former and would never want to give it up. The coming of Christmas and their anniversary reminded her of that girl she first fell in love with.

Yeah, people seem to be imagining that missing that previous relationship means she wants to give up the one she has right now. As if it's impossible for people to miss the past and cherish the present in the same breath. Those two sentiments can coexist, and more than anything that seems to be the case here.

I don't doubt that she is content in her current relationship. What bothers me is that the person she is in love with is no longer the person that she once was and she seems to prefer the girl she originally was. It's not to say that she doesn't lover her current version but she has a deep longing for the girl Shinobu used to be. It seems that if Lala could choose it, it wouldn't be the Shinobu currently beside her. I cant blame her but if that was how my lover felt I would be deeply hurt.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't doubt that she is content in her current relationship. What bothers me is that the person she is in love with is no longer the person that she once was and she seems to prefer the girl she originally was.

[citation needed]

It's not to say that she doesn't lover her current version but she has a deep longing for the girl Shinobu used to be. It seems that if Lala could choose it, it wouldn't be the Shinobu currently beside her. I cant blame her but if that was how my lover felt I would be deeply hurt.

Well, it's clear from this story and the previous one that she loves current Shinobu an awful lot, and hadn't even thought much about younger Shinobu until her dream that night, presumably brought on by her birthday/Christmas/anniversary of their first kiss. It's not like she's sitting around pining for past Shinobu or letting it particularly affect her current relationship.

Seriously, the idea that Lalah prefers Shinobu as a little girl to her adult lover, rather than just wishing to revisit a sweet memory one more time, doesn't seem to be supported by the story at all.

joined Apr 2, 2014

I hear you. ''

The original story, in Conditions for Paradise, was from Shinobu's perspective. That said nice read though it was kind of unsettling. Something how if Lala had to choose I seems like she'd pick the old Shinobu...

I personally don't think she'd pick the younger Shinobu over the current one.

Again, it's sort of a nostalgia thing, and understand Lala on that part. I dearly miss the times when my best friend and I had this type of relationship, though, completely platonic, our feelings were strong. * *'' But I accept that the past is the past.

And in that sense, I don't think Lala would want to go back to those times permanently.
[Or maybe she's already having a mid-life crisis, hahA-- Who knows.]

...To be honest, I'm not even here to win over your opinion.
This doujin seemed to prick sensitive feelings in me. ~

joined Nov 11, 2010

The usage of dreams in this story made me think of this, another one of Morishima's oneshots. I think the emotional content of Lala's feelings as portrayed here is very similar to the gist of that story.

One thing I kinda want to point out though, is that even if Lala isn't aware of it, I don't even think that the 'motherly' aspect of her relationship with Shinobu is actually all gone just yet. If you reread the first chapter in this continuity, which was also linked earlier in this thread, the main gist of that episode was actually that Shinobu was pushing herself a bit too hard to "be an adult" and "become mature". In the end, Lala's dedication and acceptance of who Shinobu really was was what saved her.

Of course, it's also a wonderful thing for Shinobu to be able to give back to Lala and interact with her as an equal. But my feeling is that there's no need to be in a rush. And from that perspective, Lala's feelings in this chapter are not necessarily bad. Perhaps Lala's nostalgia for a Shinobu who freely and openly depended on her will disappear once they've both truly matured.

last edited at Oct 3, 2014 12:31AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Sol, fantastic analysis

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The only thing I have to say about the whole Pedo discussion:

http://imgur.com/oXbq9tI

Great story though.

joined May 2, 2014

heartwarming. <3

joined Jul 31, 2013

Despite any initial misgivings, the bittersweet melancholy of the situation is portrayed really sympathetically and this ended up as one of Morishima's stories that moved me the most.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

heh, the fluff :3 love it! xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.