Forum › Semelparous discussion

joined May 24, 2014

She TOTALLY wanted an excuse for her to touch her boobs

joined Feb 24, 2019

Oh hey, I just read the story this series is based on a few months ago. I'm glad it's gonna be a full series now. Action yuri stories are not nearly common enough and this one in particular struck a chord with me. Looking forward to more!

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Cool

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Yuri Attack on Titan

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Kinda sad Ogino changed it in that way, but after all it's still Ogino Jun in action. I look forward to next chapters!

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

I kinda liked the original version better, going with killing off her childhood friend feels kinda random in comparaison.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I will leave my comment here because I want to be part of history when it gets an anime

joined Feb 24, 2019

Kinda sad Ogino changed it in that way, but after all it's still Ogino Jun in action. I look forward to next chapters!

Yeah, I don't like that change either. The original is still my preference for now, but perhaps this set-up will work better for an ongoing series, so I'll keep up with it and hope it stays interesting.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Its more like yuri World Trigger than yuri AOT imo, still nice to see more yuri battle manga tho

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

GAMMA?

joined Feb 8, 2018

Yeah, I don't like that change either. The original is still my preference for now, but perhaps this set-up will work better for an ongoing series, so I'll keep up with it and hope it stays interesting.

Yep, exactly. I wonder if introducing new characters, instead of using old ones would work better? Maybe Ogino wanted to use original setting as base and build something new on top of that?
Since Gamma is one of my all time favorites here, I'll just wait for more story :)

joined Dec 18, 2018

That change from the original fucked me up not gonna lie, fucking hell...

joined May 8, 2011

It's odd though in that it seems that the original childhood friend is now the senpai. The childhood friend that dies is actually a new character if you pay attention to the names.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Yep, exactly. I wonder if introducing new characters, instead of using old ones would work better? Maybe Ogino wanted to use original setting as base and build something new on top of that?
Since Gamma is one of my all time favorites here, I'll just wait for more story :)

I feel like I'd enjoy this new beginning more if it had been done with completely different characters and then it would also have the added bonus of being able to show the original leads sometime down the line, even if just as cameos. This also reminded me that I still need to read Gamma.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The character they killed off (Haruka) is a new character. She didn't exist in the original one-shot. The childhood friend in the original was Youko, which is the other main character in this new series. Basically, what they changed is that Youko went from being a childhood friend to being a senpai. But Youko and Yorino still end up as partners just like in the one-shot, so the end result didn't change.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 8:48PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I was going to ask what the original was until I saw that the first page said it was "Tagai no Guardians" lol

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I really wonder why Ogino made that change. I really liked where the one-shot left off, and the setup in general. This feels kinda... Expected? Usual? Not to down it per say, I'm going to follow it... But it seemed like an unnecessary change.

But, I'm going to trust the author on this one since I've liked their work. Just really super curious about that as a writer myself, I guess.

joined Feb 8, 2018

The character they killed off (Haruka) is a new character. She didn't exist in the original one-shot. The childhood friend in the original was Youko, which is the other main character in this new series. Basically, what they changed is that Youko went from being a childhood friend to being a senpai. But Youko and Yorino still end up as partners just like in the one-shot, so the end result didn't change.

Well to be honest the end result did change - Youko is different character now. What I was really meaning tho, was what Kinnikufan said - we could have one-shot couple cameo somewhere, to see how their story progressed - that would be super cool in my opinion. Also it's not like I'm complaining - I just really like childhood friend plot from one-shot.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

At least it is an alternate universe from the manga Each Other's Guardians.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I get what you're saying, but from a relational point of view it is actually Youko that is the new character. That might have been the name of the other lead in the original, but if you look at personality, history, and relationship to Yorino it is Haruka that was established in the original. So even though we have a Youko/Yorino partnership in both the dynamic is not the same as we go from childhood friends who built up a rivalry over years of being together to a senpai/kouhai team who barely know each other aside from one saving the other.

I'm not gonna complain about the change now as it could be to the story's benefit in this series format, but it was still quite jarring to see scenes from the original recreated only for the result to be such a major departure. I didn't love chapter 1, but I sincerely hope this turns out to be a story we can all enjoy in the long run.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 9:03PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I get what you're saying, but from a relational point of view it is actually Youko that is the new character. That might have been the name of the other lead in the original, but if you look at personality, history, and relationship to Yorino it is Haruka that was established in the original.

We don't know anything about her personality since Youko didn't get any focus yet. All they changed is the relationship they have, but for all we know, everything else is the same. Even her looks are the same except for the glasses.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 9:14PM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I thought this was some sort of continuation for Ganma when I saw the first two pages after the foreword. And then I remembered the original one shot when I saw those giant hands. The changes Ogino did to this had me more than a little rattled to say the least.

YES I've been waiting for this series to get translated.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I was waiting for this one, so glad it's out.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I get what you're saying, but from a relational point of view it is actually Youko that is the new character. That might have been the name of the other lead in the original, but if you look at personality, history, and relationship to Yorino it is Haruka that was established in the original.

We don't know anything about her personality since Youko didn't get any focus yet. All they changed is the relationship they have, but for all we know, everything else is the same. Even her looks are the same except for the glasses.

Yes, we don't know yet if anything else was changed with new Youko. What I was saying is that everything about old Youko is right there with Haruka, right down to her defeating a pro and outranking Yorino. It's only her looks and name that don't match. Actually there is one other difference which is that she is now the more gungho of the two while Yorino has been changed to be more apprehensive in their younger years this time around. Also, Yorino's more tsundere tendencies are gone in this version (for now, at least). I still think this could have worked better with altogether different characters, especially now that I've looked closer at how different this Youko and this Yorino both are.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 10:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.