Forum › Friends Crackers discussion

joined Apr 19, 2017

Hopefully they make human crackers in the future so i have an excuse to do what was done here

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I got a great laugh out of the Josie and the Pussycats bit.

joined Feb 22, 2018

As an American immersed like a fish in my own culture, I have no inkling of how much of that culture leaks out into the global media sphere (amplified by the Internet). Still it's very surprising to see this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/friends_crackers#9

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Wowsers, all those references tho

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well i got a good laugh out of it

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This is such a wild ride “here’s a bunch of global cultural references” “now they fuck”

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Oh, they look like very good friends!

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

The juxtaposition between the random silliness and the sudden sex is pretty severe.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nitpick: it's Washi Pink, not Aquila Pink.
I did enjoy the Sentai joke, though.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Nitpick: it's Washi Pink, not Aquila Pink.
I did enjoy the Sentai joke, though.

It is in Korea ;D It's technically Green Sai as well, but meh. I figured I'd appease to the Overtime crowd on this one (I do use the original names in the references page).

joined Sep 5, 2018

Apparently, the Friends Crackers are an accurate representation in terms of chest size as well.

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

The Pingu got me good

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

The only references I didn't get were the ones on page 8 above the Pingu reference.

What the hell would I even google to find those? "guy on bike with raccoon?" "japanese beaver mascot?"

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The only references I didn't get were the ones on page 8 above the Pingu reference.

What the hell would I even google to find those? "guy on bike with raccoon?" "japanese beaver mascot?"

Trust me, that was definitely an issue for me when writing the references bit (especially King ExKaiser since "lion mecha anime" just kept coming up with Voltron). I eventually got the beaver and otter ones by searching for their Japanese names with キャラクター and ExKaiser by revising my search to "mecha with lion on chest".

And rest assured, this isn't the only one of Unno's doujins that's full of ancient anime references.

Ac0a68f0-d61a-404c-a60f-9c2186815ce9
joined Dec 8, 2013

I got a great laugh out of the Josie and the Pussycats bit.

I felt so old when I got that. I used to see advertisements in Archie comics ads their weird theme song is still in my brain.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Trust me, that was definitely an issue for me when writing the references bit (especially King ExKaiser since "lion mecha anime" just kept coming up with Voltron).

So that wasn't Voltron? Okay, so maybe I only got half the references then.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Trust me, that was definitely an issue for me when writing the references bit (especially King ExKaiser since "lion mecha anime" just kept coming up with Voltron).

Well the top was definitely Voltron, the bottom middle was almost Voltron for what I can tell. The left was mainly hard to find cos it wasn't the main character of its series and thus wasn't as all over the search results as Voltron was.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Voltron was referenced, there was just more on that same page.

This should have been two different doujin. At least the first half was pretty cute.

joined Apr 4, 2016

This was a pleasant surprise. The sex was whatever, but all the references in the beginning were pretty awesome. Josie and the Pussycats being resurrected to appear in some random yuri doujin had me cracking up.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That was pretty nice. Just kinda weird that Serval was also a DFC when she's actually rather large in the anime.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

That was pretty nice. Just kinda weird that Serval was also a DFC when she's actually rather large in the anime.

I was counting my lucky stars! (Page#18 panel 1 = paradise!)

CaioGuedesAUT
Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

The Pingu got me good

Page 8 is a big NOOT-NOOT!

last edited at Jun 16, 2022 5:01AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.