Forum › Nana Yuri discussion

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

... Do you hate MrE, Michan-sama?

No, just Seravi.

... Why?

It's because he's a terrible person, mostly.

No u.

joined Mar 25, 2013

So basically this is a two chapter one-shot?
Or is it a collection of short stories?

joined Feb 1, 2013

Two one-shot by the same author. A collection if you want, but with only two one-shot in it.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Michan-sama your avatar is very convincing.

Only I get to call him that!

There's a rule? I'm not aware of that. I would have broken it on purpose.

Nah, not really. I just said that I'd call him Michan-sama if he got to day 5, so now I'm contractually obligated by the rules of the internet to call him Michan-sama. BUT IF EVERYONE CALLS HIM MICHAN-SAMA IT WON'T BE SPECIAL!!!! GOD!!!!

(sarcasm identifier is working again)

last edited at Apr 19, 2013 6:46PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Too cute! More please. :)

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I know the story is kinda messed up and not logical, but who cares?! It's sooo cute! xD Aw man.. Thanks Dynasty-scans, i also didn't know about this author :)

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Me personally I like the art, I thought It was simple yet cute. The story wasn't half bad either ^_^

Thank you Dynasty for all the wonderful fan freaking tastic work you guys have put forth :D

joined May 17, 2011

Yeah! Thanks Dynasty! You guys are working really hard (for a group that was "supposed to be dead")... anyway... zombies or not I'm glad you still exist =)

joined Jul 6, 2011

I've read there is some biological effect that makes you less attracted to people you knew since your childhood. I think it's supposed to prevent incest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

joined Nov 27, 2012

This artist also did "Just of the two of us" right? (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/just_the_two_of_us)
But they have a different tag for the same artist. The tag for this artist's name needs to be agreed on for convenience, either Ponpon-O or Mountain Pukuichi.

last edited at Apr 20, 2013 3:03AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Oooh, so this author was the same one who did Just the Two of Us, huh? I didn't immediately notice the connection. I guess if I had to rank them, I liked Just the Two of Us a little bit better.

However, regardless, I hnnnghed all over the place. Very cute. As for what this series made me think of, it was http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sixth_year_class_3_by_suzuki by Kazuto Izumi, in it's commentary about "girls clinging to each other". For example, I found it frickin' adorable how closely Hinoko and Kaharu sat to each other in that panel of them on the train, while they were still feeling awkward/hadn't resolved anything about Hinoko's confession. The way that their natural closeness superceded any rational apprehension or boundaries...it's too overpowering for my heart, lol. I really love 'girls clinging to each other' too.

(Incidentally, wow, the tagging system is pretty awesome. I had completely forgotten the title of that oneshot or who its author was, but by scanning through the tag list and checking out "time skip" I was able to find it in one try. That was really impressive, it would have taken me forever to find it otherwise.)

Speaking of the rest of this piece, I did find the short "I don't want to die" section afterwards pretty random and weird. The dialogue/characterization was kind of awkward and it didn't seem very believable. However, on the concept of childhood friends in yuri versus the Westermarck effect in general...what do you guys think? I'm kinda undecided. There are childhood friend couplings which I just plain do not like, yet there are also other ones of which I am a massive fan.

Incidentally, the Westermarck effect is more of a psychological effect rather than a biological one. It has to do with imprinting. Being psychological, there are no clear explanations as to the mechanisms of how it works, but I guess it is possible for anyone to make an approach at explaining it via just introspecting their own experiences.

My own disgust at occasional childhood friend/incest pairings basically comes when it feels like the characters are just refusing to grow up/closing themselves off from reality and crippling their ability to interact with the outer world. It basically comes down to is the relationship healthy. I think, at adolescence, the mechanism of the Westermarck effect itself probably arises from the (generally dumb, but occasionally appropriate, I guess) teenage instinct to try to grow up and 'mature'. Adolescents instinctually reject things which make them feel childish or remind them of childhood (while also separately associating 'maturity' with sex), which probably leads to the rejection of childhood friends/parental figures who do not facilitate that sense of 'maturity'.

Along those lines, I guess my feelings toward childhood friend pairings are intermediate. I don't really like the dumb teenage mentality of completely changing yourself and rejecting all aspects of your former interests and relationships, but at the same time I do feel it is important for characters/people to grow during that stage and prepare themselves for reality. A lot of childhood friend relationships actually manage to even support the latter, which is why I do like them. The incestuous/childhood friend relationships which I don't approve of are really the ones which thrive on or even reinforce childish, unhealthy dependencies. In that sense, I don't really have a problem with the couple in this oneshot series. Although their characters are definitely still somewhat childish, their romantic awakening to each other could even arguably be perceived as growth.

Haha. Wall of text aside, I did really enjoy this oneshot. Mountain Pukuichi or Ponpon-O, their works really break my nutbladder. Many thanks to Omniscient0/the rest of Dynasty for scanlating it!

last edited at Apr 20, 2013 6:38AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I believe Mountain Pukuichi is the username and Ponpon-O is the circle name. I don't know which would be more appropriate to use, so I'll let someone else decide.

joined Aug 5, 2012

that some dark ending..
but still like it..

Sakuratrick
joined Apr 9, 2013

Quite cute but I've seen a lot like this already...

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

i like this author's other work better but this one is pretty good too

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Oh my God this is so freaking CUTE! I don't give a fuck for the unrealistic development of the story (as if most manga have that... hah haha!)

I loved it, that is all I care for. HNNNG Yuri hugs and cuddling!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So adorable and is really nice to have an honest to god couple filled with love instead of the usual 'will they do it?' that ends when they actually do it.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Am I the only me that thinks this couple looks like they're in elememtary, not high school???

joined May 2, 2014

Awwwww that's so me and my ex in middle school brings so much memories pure
<3

New%20canvas
joined Jun 28, 2015

Looks like this and a few other stories are going to appear as a takobon

joined Jun 12, 2015

Looks like this and a few other stories are going to appear as a takobon

It's already relesead.

Mario%20dance
joined Dec 19, 2015

What manga series is this

last edited at Mar 5, 2016 8:57PM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

As far as I go, Nana Yuri has 5 chapters. Very cute and intimate lily couple.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That ending made me almost cry.
I can never touch or kiss my waifu again 0-0
So saaaaaaad ;-;

joined Jan 8, 2017

I, for one, am quite pleased with the fast development, especially because of the sea of pointlessly drawn out relationships in Japanese works (hentai excluded).

Also, angst and drama are annoying. There's enough of that IRL.

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.