Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

joined Aug 18, 2015

Guys I'm not sure where to write this so I'm going to post this message in a few of my favourites manga updates, I'm from Chile and here there's no decent manga market, so this site means a lot to me, it's the first page i check in the morning and the last one before going to sleep. The reason I'm writing this is because i value this community and even though i don't comment or engage in conversations very often it doesn't mean i don't read yours. Well i think that's all, by any chance, does this site have a Facebook page or IG? I just realised that if this page is taken down i don't know where to find you guys, hope i don't sound creepy or needy hahah either way, you can find me at @constanza_larrea feel free to start a conversation anytime, specially if you want to talk about yuri/shoujo ai manga!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Guys I'm not sure where to write this so I'm going to post this message in a few of my favourites manga updates, I'm from Chile and here there's no decent manga market, so this site means a lot to me, it's the first page i check in the morning and the last one before going to sleep. The reason I'm writing this is because i value this community and even though i don't comment or engage in conversations very often it doesn't mean i don't read yours. Well i think that's all, by any chance, does this site have a Facebook page or IG? I just realised that if this page is taken down i don't know where to find you guys, hope i don't sound creepy or needy hahah either way, you can find me at @constanza_larrea feel free to start a conversation anytime, specially if you want to talk about yuri/shoujo ai manga!

You can find dynasty community in discord
I think this is the link https://discordapp.com/invite/BC9Qevb

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

this series is such a good example that you shouldn't poke your nosy nose in other people's business...
also you shouldn't decide anything for others. for Jun that he has feelings, for Nika that she would be happier with someone else.
gosh this is exactly why being happy seems to be difficult

it's a nice tone to respect other people's decisions you know -_-
not imagining things and making yourself miserable

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

for Jun that he has feelings, for Nika that she would be happier with someone else.

I agree with the second, not with the first. Jun did have feelings but keep it quiet because he know he had to leave because of College and doesn't wanted Nika to live a long distance relationship.

joined Nov 21, 2016

Good damn story!

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

Holy, that last chapter wasnt supposed to make me cry jsdbhasd

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Holy, that last chapter wasnt supposed to make me cry jsdbhasd

I definitely think it was supposed to make you cry. It got me too. Pretty heartbreaking.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

F*ck no I'm not crying.... T___T

joined Apr 20, 2013

Really brave of Kurumi to decide that once for all.
And, in the end, I do hope Nika stay with Jun. Seriously, she's not that into Kurumi, she's just a rebound, that's why Jun is the healthier and reasonable choice. If these girls get together in the end, depends how they make this story happens, it will be too unconvincing.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 10:02AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Seriously, she's not that into Kurumi

She make the muffler for Kurumi thought.

that's why Jun is the healthier and reasonable choice

No,because Jun will do it of guiltyness because of Nika's destructive attitude of dating many boys. Nobody said he had feelings when Nika confess the first time and for that matter nobody told he had feelings at all. He didn't really give an answer to Kurumi when she ask her and frankly i don't think he is willing to accept it this time either. I don't see him backing up on his choice now and Nika really want to forget about him.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

And, in the end, I do hope Nika stay with Jun. Seriously, she's not that into Kurumi, she's just a rebound, that's why Jun is the healthier and reasonable choice. If these girls get together in the end, depends how they make this story happens, it will be too unconvincing.

I really don't see where you're coming from here. There is still some ambiguity on what kind of love Nikaidou is feeling, sure, but I think it's abundantly clear that she has very strong feelings for Kurumi. It can turn out either way, and it'd still make sense to me.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

You should probably go back and re-read the whole story. You'll see that Nikaidou starts to develop real feelings for Kurumi after that scene where Kurumi says she'll stay with Nika so that she can forget Jun.

Pay attention to the narration. Probably the first sign of her feelings changing is how Nika feels after she wakes up beside Kurumi. Then on their date together, she says that something inside her changes every time they kiss. She's also very sweet with Kurumi in several scenes.

Of course Nika still has lingering feelings for Jun, she's loved him for years. But after all that's happened, I think the one she's currently in love with is Kurumi.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 12:39PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Nika definitely has feelings for Kurumi. If anyone doubts that, go reread the section where she makes that scarf. There's like sparkle effects all around one or two of those panels, which authors use to indicate a strong outpouring of emotion. How strong they are in comparison to her feelings for Jun is up for debate, though.

Still, if her feelings are this strong, this fast, then I think her future with Kurumi would probably have been fine over time.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

it's a nice tone to respect other people's decisions you know -_-

I think Kurumi was only doing that because she truly felt she was holding back Nika, if I were her I would've felt the same way and probably would've told her the exact same thing. Plus, at the end, she's leaving it open for Nika to decide whether she'll stay or move on with Jun.

not imagining things and making yourself miserable

I do that all the time, and let me tell you, it's just super easy to do, that's why. Sometimes I unconsciously use it as a way to discourage my feelings, but alas, love always prevails. I'm assuming Kurumi feels the same way.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kurumi wants Nika to make sure she's with her because she truly loves her and not because she tries to forget her feelings for Jun, because that option would make them both miserable in the long run. Kurumi asks Nika to face her true feelings and make a decision she won't regret later.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 6:27AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Kurumi wants Nika to make sure she's with her because she truly loves her and not because she tries to forget her feelings for Jun, because that option would make them both miserable in the long run.

I think it's a bit different from that. Because based on what we've seen of Kurumi, she doesn't mind Nikaidou being in love with someone else, if it's one sided. She was perfectly fine with dating Nikaidou before she found out about Jun's feelings.

The issue here is that there's a chance Nika's love for Jun might be mutual, and Kurumi said a couple of times that this sort of thing is miraculous, and that she was doing a terrible thing to Nika by not allowing that to happen.

In essence, Kurumi loves Nikaidou, and because of that she wants her to be happy. If there's a chance Nika would be happier with Jun, Kurumi's willing to let go.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

cecile posted:

Because based on what we've seen of Kurumi, she doesn't mind Nikaidou being in love with someone else, if it's one sided.

I think it was just easier to ignore when it was just one-sided. It made possibility of Nika eventually forgetting him and falling for her slightly higher. Notice that after she talked with Jun, Kurumi become more aggressive in trying to win Nika over and make her forget about Jun. She did mind that Nika was in love with Jun, but was still able to push those worries aside and pretend like she didn't care. It changed once Nika found out the truth about Jun's feelings and Kurumi saw her reaction to it. Kurumi no longer could pretend that it didn't bother her and even outright started to avoid Nika. She agreed to meeting Kyou on new year's, because she didn't believe Nika would want to meet her now that she knows Jun loves her. Kurumi constantly kept thinking Nika is meeting Jun without her knowledge. She pretty much couldn't keep dating her, while lying to herself and not acknowledging that Nika might like Jun more than her. So she finally couldn't take it anymore and asked Nika to confront Jun and come back only if she truly chooses her.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 9:29AM

joined May 1, 2013

Okay, but like, don't you think at least ONCE some sort of discussion like "are you even into girls?" would happen? Why is this all focused on her feelings for her childhood friend when that's kinda not really the main issue to get to first?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Okay, but like, don't you think at least ONCE some sort of discussion like "are you even into girls?" would happen? Why is this all focused on her feelings for her childhood friend when that's kinda not really the main issue to get to first?

I guess that IS the main issue for them. Which is nice, really, I like reading stories where people don't constantly question a bisexual character's orientation.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also Kurumi questioned Nika's decision to date her enough when she first proposed it, so I think at this point asking her if she really even likes girls would be really insensitive on Kurumi's part.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

My feeling is that Jun probably was right from the first - he doesn't love Nika as a lover but as a childhood friend. He does love her in that way, which is why he can't stop meddling or worrying, but if he wanted her as a lover they could figure something out. It's not like they don't have lots of choices - unless he's moving overseas it's almost trivial logistically. I mean really, Japan is big but you can also move within your own country pretty easily, and there are shinkansen lines up and down most of the country. Unless you are going to Okinawa or Hokkaido, you can get around.

He's just not that into her. I wish Kurumi had pressed that point as I have no doubt Kurumi is serious. We don't have a view of what exactly went down in their meeting either, but it's clear she didn't press him.

Honestly I wish she had, if you're going to stick your neck into it be clear about it. He's not for real, he might have some wavering feelings but he would be useless for Nika. People like that, I just want to tell them to fuck off. If he thinks a relationship is impossible because he's moving for University that just means he thinks studies are more important, which is fine, but be real about it and don't fuck around.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm weeping so hard

joined Apr 20, 2013

Ohhh! So just because Nika made a scarf she's in love with that girl? Jesus! C'mon!
She was trying so hard to forget Jun and be Kurumi's gf. Though she's having feelings now, clearly they're not enough.

She should stay with Jun and see where things go between them. Also, Kurumi doesn't deserve any less. I believe that being in a relationship while loving someone else isn't anyone's goal here, right?

It's fiction, but I try to see the logic here and no the "yuri-ending-for-all-cost".

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 9:01AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Ohhh! So just because Nika made a scarf she's in love with that girl? Jesus! C'mon!
She was trying so hard to forget Jun and be Kurumi's gf. Though she's having feelings now, clearly they're not enough.

She should stay with Jun and see where things go between them. Also, Kurumi doesn't deserve any less. I believe that being in a relationship while loving someone else isn't anyone's goal here, right?

It's fiction, but I try to see the logic here and no the "yuri-ending-for-all-cost".

I understand where you're coming from, but this isn't really a "yuri at all cost" situation, there are several hints in the manga about Nikaidou's feelings changing.

At this scene, Nikaidou asks to sleep with Kurumi. Two pages later, you can see that she ignores a call from Jun because she's with Kurumi. Later, when she loses her old phone, along with the gift she got from Jun, she realizes that this is "for the best", and says that it's okay because she has Kurumi's gift. She's saying that it's okay to let go of the past (represented by Jun-kun's gift) because she's with Kurumi now.

After waking up beside Kurumi, Nika says "it was the first time I've felt this way". She's probably slept with other people before, given how many people she's dated. By putting it like that, Nikaidou's saying that there's something special about Kurumi that she never felt for anyone before. On the very next page, she says "that morning, something inside me started to change", then she kisses Kurumi's forehead. There's no other way to read this besides her beginning to let go of her old love and starting to develop feelings for Kurumi.

She literally says "I already can't imagine being without you," and "Kurumi-chan, I love you more than anything" during the ferris wheel ride. There wouldn't be a point in lying about this, since Kurumi knew that Nika was in love with someone else before. I can only assume she's being sincere. Then, once more, she indicates that her feelings are changing, by saying that each time they kiss, "something grows inside me". That's the most evident way you can write about someone's feelings changing.

When Nika talks about her dad being in the USA, and Kurumi asks if she's going to live abroad, Nika replies that she wants to stay with Kurumi, while snuggling up to her. In the next page, she smiles while saying that she'd like to live with Kurumi some day. Those aren't the kinds of things you say to someone you're not in love with, right? Sure, later she does say that she doesn't understand how taking a bath with a lover is different from doing it with a friend, but my guess is that Nika's just being a little naïve about her own feelings.

Even though you say knitting a scarf isn't exactly a proof of love (and sure, it isn't), the fact that Nikaidou's so invested in giving Kurumi a special gift, and how happy she looks while doing that, does suggest that she's thinking about Kurumi in a special way.

There's also plenty of sweet and caring moments between the two of them. Those don't necessarily mean being in love, but they do hint at that. For instance, taking a commemorative photo of a one-month anniversary. Saying that the food tastes good because you made it together. The line "as long as I'm with Kurumi-chan, I'll be okay", and blushing while thinking that she wants to fill her phone with memories of her and Kurumi.

So, like I said before, of course Nika still has feelings for Jun-kun, because of how long she'd been in love with him. This is why she still reacts strongly when hearing that Jun might have feelings for her, or even just by hearing someone call his name. But her love for Kurumi is also very real, and it shows up in several ways all through the story. So an ending with Kurumi and Nikaidou being together doesn't feel forced at all.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 10:30AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah no. For starter, i won't rooting for a coward who can't confess and blame the other part to not realise her feelings and second i definitevely not rooting for someone wishing sadness for the one she love. Look at Kurumi's attitude about her situation, she is sad that Nikaidou might love Jun but Kurumi told Nika to make things clears with Jun and she is ok(not so much) if Nika choose Jun if it's what she want. That's the whole difference between Kurumi and Kyouko, one just wish for her loved one to be happy even if it's not with her and the other is willing to do anything she can (on purpose or not)to break the hapiness of the one she love.
Kyouko is one of hell of a coward combine with an idiot. I mean, what was this attraction parc plan ? What did you will have done if they were still together ? Which by the way is technically true so her going to confess were stupid. What do you think she will have answer you ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.