Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Dec 10, 2017

There aren’t any comments for this series?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Probably because most people have already read it on mangadex although I'm really not sure...

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

They just posted first four chapters, so not much comments yet.

This is a somewhat of a dark story, where every main character seems to have mental health issues / past trauma.

Not sure if it becomes fluffier later, but right now it's more like drinking black coffee rather than sweet tea.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is good, and creepy. And a bit sexy.

I am a bit surprised that the This Is Not OK Brigade hasn’t stormed the ramparts already, though.

And can the Haruki-chan shippers be far behind?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I am a bit surprised that the This Is Not OK Brigade hasn’t stormed the ramparts already, though.

For one, it's been less than 1 hour since the chapters have been posted and two, why saying that like peoples can't said it's not ok ? I'm sorry to not like watching a train wreck.

And can the Haruki-chan shippers be far behind?

I rather have Haruki who is just a teenager in love than Sensei, who(for me) is more like a sexual predator. Because i'm still waiting to see the "trauma" the description talk about.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's only because the chapters has been uploaded all at once today that people aren't reacting (but most likely the request to upload them was made some time ago).

I'm one who knows the story past this point but of course I'm not gonna spoil it, but my general impression was WOW hahaha when I saw the teacher changing from Ufufufu to "ugghh >_>" that was fresh, I like to see where this goes and I like the characters.... except the childhood friend, she can fuck off for all I care.

And you know I think we need more stories like this, something about passion and eroticism without going full hentai and with a compelling story, by the way this author made hentai but I don't see stupid fanservice here like "kyaaa d-don't look at my panties x0" with forced low angles all the time. I say that we need more stories like this because it feels like we're mostly jumping from fluffy to crazy yandere/ntr hell and if not then is something super serious or dramatic where you don't even know if we'll get yuri or not at the end.... So yeah, what I'm saying here is that I like this take on yuri, because the characters don't always have good intentions and they aren't just bad just because.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 3:22PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For one, it's been less than 1 hour since the chapters have been posted and two, why saying that like peoples can't said it's not ok ? I'm sorry to not like watching a train wreck.

What are you even talking about? I never said people can't think it's not OK. I simply predicted that there will be a large group of people who will inevitably feel compelled to inform everyone that [fill in one of any number of questionable behaviors depicted in this story] is NOT OK.

Just in case anyone were to mistake fiction for manuals for proper behavior, no doubt.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

You know what, IDGAF, I want the sensei and mc to be be together, no matter how toxic their "relationship" is. I dislike the friend and she can actually disappear. For good.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

except the childhood friend, she can fuck off for all I care.

I don't understand why thought. I mean yeah she is kinda like a possesive lover or in the case here, an overprotective sister but it's just because the one she love is taking away from her and she can't do anything about it so she grow impatient. If anything she is the more "sane" so to speak of the 3, because one has lowself esteem andiswilling to do anything just for keeping the love of someone and i consider the other like a sexual predator, so far she had made MC beating at her drums and kinda manipulated her. We don't even know if the replacement thing is true or not and even if it's true, it's clearly twisted. Not to mention that Sensei sending an after sex picture of MC to her childhood friend is clearly bordeline.

I dislike the friend and she can actually disappear. For good.

But why wtf ? At least she care for MC, unlike the teacher.

Just in case anyone were to mistake fiction for manuals for proper behavior, no doubt.

Cause forcing yourself on an highschool girl as a teacher is ok ?

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 3:44PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Cause forcing yourself on an highschool girl as a teacher is ok ?

Of course it's not OK--it's obviously not OK.

That's why it's, at best, irrelevant when a bunch of readers rush in with public service announcements that Obviously Reprehensible Behavior is Not OK.

I wonder if the murder mystery forums are full of people breathlessly announcing to world that murder is Not OK.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:08PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can you even read English?

Is there a need to be aggressive thought ?

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

For one, toxic relationships fascinate me, and I like them in my fiction, as long as it doesn't include shit like cheating, ntr and het. So I want to see teach and Aya together cause they would have a very interesting dynamic imo. If you compare, Haruki x Aya is just...meh. Super boring.

Idk about others, I dislike Haruki because she comes off as a desperate thot to me. Her presence is just very annoying. Poking her nose where it doesn't belong. Like girl, stop. Either confess or shut the fuck up. Let Aya do whatever she wants.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

as long as it doesn't include shit like cheating, ntr and het

But didn't Sensei sending Haruki an after sex pic pf Aya neked in the bed doesnt feel a bit like NTR. I admit didn't read NTR that much but that share some similarities.

Either confess or shut the fuck up.

You say that like it's easy. They are childhood friends, i'm supossing Haruki doesn't to break her friendship if Aya rejected her. I mean yeah she is intrusive nut she is just super worried because she doesn't know if the other person is someone shady or not.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

mei is waifu posted:

Either confess or shut the fuck up. Let Aya do whatever she wants.

That's exactly why I don't like the childhood friend, she's like "If I can't have Aya then nobody can!!" and it feels manipulative and intrusive. In the other hand, the teacher who's mostly driven by lust, is very honest about what she wants and also wants Aya to feel good about it... Even if the age gap is gasp immoral.

So yeah I want Aya and the teacher to make it work and actually love each other ... and is not that the childhood friend is in the way, she just not doing things right and it pisses me off how she pretends that she's doing it for Aya's sake alone.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:24PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

For one, toxic relationships fascinate me, and I like them in my fiction, as long as it doesn't include shit like cheating, ntr and het. So I want to see teach and Aya together cause they would have a very interesting dynamic imo. If you compare, Haruki x Aya is just...meh. Super boring.

Idk about others, I dislike Haruki because she comes off as a desperate thot to me. Her presence is just very annoying. Poking her nose where it doesn't belong. Like girl, stop. Either confess or shut the fuck up. Let Aya do whatever she wants.

I don't know. When it comes to "desperate thots" that teacher has it written all over her. The childhood friend has more of a nosy neighbor thing going on. She is annoying but seems nice for the most part outside of the jealousy stuff.

So far I'm quite fond of this series. I really don't like the teacher since she is quite a nasty piece of work, but that's what makes her interesting. I just hope the author doesn't go the route of trying to make her into a caricature psychopath and villain. Not all shallow people who manipulate and use others need to be outright villains.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:25PM

joined Mar 5, 2019

I'm frustrated with the teacher. She's got a great opportunity here to try to have a better relationship and heal from her past, and instead she's trying to scar Aya as hard as she can.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Also please try to keep the discussion based on the chapters we have here, not the raws or the Spanish translated chapters because it's gonna be a mess like that or at least discuss those parts with people who already know.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:29PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

But didn't Sensei sending Haruki an after sex pic pf Aya neked in the bed doesnt feel a bit like NTR. I admit didn't read NTR that much but that share some similarities.

Sorry, I can't make a comment on that because I have only read up to chapter 5. But if that's the case maybe teach wanted to make Haruki jealous in her own fucked up way? It doesn't necessarily have to be ntr.

You say that like it's easy. They are childhood friends, i'm supossing Haruki doesn't to break her friendship if Aya rejected her. I mean yeah she is intrusive nut she is just super worried because she doesn't know if the other person is someone shady or not.

Maybe you are right. I am saying it like it's easy because I am a straight forward person. I just say whatever I think so if I was in her place I would have confessed already. But I am not. Haruki is her own person, she can do whatever she pleases. I just couldn't help expressing my personal opinion about this whole matter.

I don't like intrusive people. I believe in keeping yourself to yourself. I get that she is worried, and I understand her feelings, still I can't help disliking her. Also,

she pretends that she's doing it for Aya's sake alone.

Exactly! She is so pretentious with her feelings it's painful to watch. I hope she moves on from her pathetic ways.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:41PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

she just not doing things right and it pisses me off how she pretends that she's doing it for Aya's sake alone.

I mean, of course she doesn't but you can't deny she still does it a bit for Aya. Haruki don't know what kind of person is "Kuro" so she is worried that her childhood friend may have encounter a bad person and to be frank she is not that far for truth.

and also wants Aya to feel good about it.

I don't really understand how asking someone to be the replacement of your ex-lover is supossely make them feel good thought. That's kinda cruel and unless she start to see Aya as Aya and not as a subsitute, i can't really bring to like the teacher.

Edit : Seeing my own comments in quote and realising all the faults i made. My god, i should reread my comments before posting

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:40PM

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I dunno... I think I'll stop here... I feel like I wasted my time reading this one. The main characters are dull, kind of like some of Kodama Naoko's characters. The author is trying too hard to make the plot seem dark and heavy but they did it in the wrong way, in the "try to not roll your eyes in every moment" one. I mean, the story is too predictable and plain, and it's only the beginning.

If you liked Kodama Naoko's works, you'd probably enjoy reading this one.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 5:23PM

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

this.... is wrong and sexy af. Damn.

joined Feb 23, 2016

My opinion is that both the teacher and the mc is lacking in something. The teacher is horny as hell but wants to be loved. Someone mentioned mental health and so on, but the mc thinks she’s very plain and boring and wants excitement, but is also quite scared. So when she meets the teacher is that sort of kick of wanting to do it again, and she’s a woman to so that makes things extra spicy~ and ofc the childhood friend see her friend starts to change and she doesn’t like that, but she i waay to possesive to just like her as a normal friend.. she she is very attracted to her, and we are probably going to see something in future about that possesiveness of hers. So far i am actually roting for the teacher to wake the fuck up and embrace her new lover lol but alot of things can happen though

joined Jul 23, 2019

It's only because the chapters has been uploaded all at once today that people aren't reacting (but most likely the request to upload them was made some time ago).

I'm one who knows the story past this point but of course I'm not gonna spoil it, but my general impression was WOW hahaha when I saw the teacher changing from Ufufufu to "ugghh >_>" that was fresh, I like to see where this goes and I like the characters.... except the childhood friend, she can fuck off for all I care.

And you know I think we need more stories like this, something about passion and eroticism without going full hentai and with a compelling story, by the way this author made hentai but I don't see stupid fanservice here like "kyaaa d-don't look at my panties x0" with forced low angles all the time. I say that we need more stories like this because it feels like we're mostly jumping from fluffy to crazy yandere/ntr hell and if not then is something super serious or dramatic where you don't even know if we'll get yuri or not at the end.... So yeah, what I'm saying here is that I like this take on yuri, because the characters don't always have good intentions and they aren't just bad just because.

So you're going to fight the good fight, huh, Serenata-sama?

My respect goes to you. As for me, as I said when we were talking about this series in the 'Manga En Español' thread, I don't want any part in the debate of the English-speakers. This sort of story isn't for them. Reactions are going to be sanguinary. It's gonna be even worse than with Kimi Wa Shoujo.

Good luck to you. Me, since I don't want to read insults against this lovely and amazing manga, I'm outta here. Ta-ta.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This is really unhealthy and wrong. I hope both of them figure out things and have a happy ending.

joined Jan 16, 2016

from the spoilers i read on this threat, no way i continue this story. Story isnt really my type of reading but ''In matters of taste, there can be no disputes'' i guess

To reply you must either login or sign up.