Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

pink artificial ones, yes.

Come on Kasumi, you know you want to unwrap that

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

^ Damn, I'd swear I read story like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

There's quite a few honestly, it very much falls into "known trope" territory. ... Not that this would stop me from reading another one.

On this general subject Yukiko Sensei's authorial style includes leaving out more intimate interactions between characters, this is pretty obvious from key interactions between both main characters and their friends.

In nearly all shown social contact even married couples are shown as playful or even a little sarcastic towards each other, much like real banter between those with long relationships. Personally I enjoy this style while also finding it a bit frustrating.

Any news about this supposed english release? I haven't seen it anywhere and the Gentosha listings don't seem to show it.

Unfortunately the company publishing is basically a rerestart of one that keeps failing. They also didn't do a digital version what is almost standard nowadays. So they aren't doing a good job handling promoting the series and I think if I remember right the volumes are way overpriced.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

One of these days, Sakurako is going to have a giant cake delivered to Kasumi, and then she's going to pop out of the cake dressed only in sexy lingerie...

... and Kasumi is going to get VERY ANGRY, coz she was already salivating at the idea of eating such a huge cake and Sakurako ruined everything. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 6:49PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^ Damn, I'd swear I read story like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

There's quite a few honestly, it very much falls into "known trope" territory. ... Not that this would stop me from reading another one.

On this general subject Yukiko Sensei's authorial style includes leaving out more intimate interactions between characters, this is pretty obvious from key interactions between both main characters and their friends.

In nearly all shown social contact even married couples are shown as playful or even a little sarcastic towards each other, much like real banter between those with long relationships. Personally I enjoy this style while also finding it a bit frustrating.

Any news about this supposed english release? I haven't seen it anywhere and the Gentosha listings don't seem to show it.

Unfortunately the company publishing is basically a rerestart of one that keeps failing. They also didn't do a digital version what is almost standard nowadays. So they aren't doing a good job handling promoting the series and I think if I remember right the volumes are way overpriced.

Wait, what series are you talking about ?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wait, you tell me that Pink Christmas tree exist ?

Not just in Japan, in the West too.
In America, aluminum Christmas trees painted pink used to be very popular.

Then the 1965 animated TV movie "A Charlie Brown Christmas" came and killed the aluminum tree market, lol, especially for pink ones. Such are the evils of Western animation...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's better than i thought.

joined Jul 23, 2019

^ Looks like cotton candy. I hope Kasumi doesn't try to eat it.

joined May 24, 2019

Wait, you tell me that Pink Christmas tree exist ?

Not just in Japan, in the West too.
In America, aluminum Christmas trees painted pink used to be very popular.

Then the 1965 animated TV movie "A Charlie Brown Christmas" came and killed the aluminum tree market, lol, especially for pink ones. Such are the evils of Western animation...

On the right, the evil evil pink Christmas tree
In the middle, between the two characters, the tree the movie recommends
Screw the author's message, the pink one looks better to me

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

One of these days, Sakurako is going to have a giant cake delivered to Kasumi, and then she's going to pop out of the cake, dressed only in sexy lingerie...

... and Kasumi is going to get VERY ANGRY, coz she was already salivating at the idea of eating such a huge cake and Sakurako ruined everything. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol
I'll bet good money that Yukiko has already thought of that plot — and we will see it happen in some chapter to come.

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 12:43AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Looks like cotton candy. I hope Kasumi doesn't try to eat it.

She isn't the only one we should all hope will not try to eat the pink Christmas tree...
It looks delicious...

joined Oct 22, 2018

What a coincidence. I read the chapter in which they put up and decorated their Christmas Tree on the same day my parents, brother and I are putting up and decorating our.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Two pages? Pixiv has been a bad influence on Yukiko...

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

That last chapter was way short.. Is it getting cut down to shorter chapters or it was just a bit of filler?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That last chapter was way short.. Is it getting cut down to shorter chapters or it was just a bit of filler?

I don't know, it's probably the classic short for starting the volume but since we still don't have chapter this month it's hard to know.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey! I don't read this but here's another official "What manga would you like to see animated?" poll and #75 is this manga... so go and vote, or vote for Omuro Ke ....just don't waste your vote on komi san or any generic shonen from Jump (they'll get animated past 80chapters with or without your help).

https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Ah, thanks! Seems to be the best choice there this time, yes. Although 26 and 62 are also tempting...

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Sorry I had to vote Tadokoro-san, it's too good.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Understandable, have a good day. Honestly, even if Futaribeya is my all time favorite, i know how popular Tadokoro-san. is

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

arch99 posted:

I thought about it but is just too early to vote for it, we might get like 10 chapters at most and it would only be a 5 minutes per week or less

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 10:20AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK, but how do I actually vote? I clicked on the greyish red box that showed Futaribeya, but it didn't react. Do I need to click one of the shiny red buttons beforehand, or?

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 10:28AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I know it's not /u/ but the heck, this list includes 見える子ちゃん. Room For Two works nice as a 4-koma, I really don't need it as an anime. Mieruko-chan meanwhile would be awesome ... those creepy spirits animated, oh yeah ...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

OK, but how do I actually vote? I clicked on the greyish red box that showed Futaribeya, but it didn't react. Do I need to click one of the shiny red buttons beforehand, or?

Button for the actual voting page is at the top and bottom of the page, you choose the series from the form there.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also there were no new chapter last month, probably due to Yukiko doing a chapter for the Yuri Drill Anthology. We will probably had one this month.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Button for the actual voting page is at the top and bottom of the page, you choose the series from the form there.

Thanks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.