Forum › Anime season

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

In other news (and for no one's surprise) LL is getting a new anime with a new group!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-15/love-live-franchise-gets-new-nijigasaki-gakuen-school-idol-dokokai-tv-anime/.154395 I wonder why is always 9, you know how hard is to deal with the shipping with odd numbers?!

Number is really irrelevant unless you want to have "canon" ships without any girl being left behind. Also number is only a problem when you don't consider threesomes.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In other news (and for no one's surprise) LL is getting a new anime with a new group!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-15/love-live-franchise-gets-new-nijigasaki-gakuen-school-idol-dokokai-tv-anime/.154395 I wonder why is always 9, you know how hard is to deal with the shipping with odd numbers?!

While I was expecting more Love Live, I wasn't actually expecting them to use PDP. This is a much larger gap between introduction and anime that with the other groups

And having an odd number doesn't matter when they keep giving one of the girls a girlfriend in their rival group

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh right!!! the rival group, I'm looking forward to see them... I wonder if the app already talks about them? anyway it doesn't change the fact that I want my perfect diagram of ships! so we can start another holy war.

On another note.... Marriage in rifle is beautiful is such an easy concept lo/ (ep09)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

On another note.... Marriage in rifle is beautiful is such an easy concept lo/ (ep09)

ikr

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 2:55PM

joined May 7, 2017

OMG OMG OMG OMG NEW LOVE LIVE SERIES CONFIRMED, SOMEBODY HELP ME IT WILL BE THE "PERFECT DREAM PROJECT"

https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/status/1206142551000006656?fbclid=IwAR1x9Eba2O2-U9K1QN7kkdBCgqt8RNW0NJDcG7Xp3LH75XcDXkq4t_Ii1zM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really liked Aquours and Muse, these new ones however, I don't know their personalities, but from design alone I'm interested in 3 of them... By the way, the Mysterious girl revealed her face in an event (I don't play the game but I like the franchise), want to spoil the surprise? here https://youtu.be/o2KNnzaGae8

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooh been waiting for the love live pdp anime for a while. I've always been more interested in their character designs than aqours and I never really caught onto aqours as much as muse so I'm really looking forward to it.

I really tried to get into aqours too. Like I followed the seiyuu stuff pretty religiously before the anime came out, and even went to a few of their concerts (delayed theater viewing and live at AX), but s1 was okay, and I think most of their music was never as good as muse's were to me. I never felt the urge to watch s2 after.

Hoping PDP will be better for me. I love the songs they put out so far and the character's feel more interesting. Just needa see how the anime goes now.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Sunshine S2 was by far my favorite part of the franchise, so I'm curious about how they'll do something different with a third group. If the two previous groups are anything to go by, the manga adaptation at least should be extremely gay.

And with the time between the group launch and the anime, the fandom must have had ample time to decide which ships they liked. Hopefully that means no sudden pairing switches like in Sunshine, that was terrible.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The visual for the anime does show everyone paired up, so it'll probably be fairly gay

And with the time between the group launch and the anime, the fandom must have had ample time to decide which ships they liked. Hopefully that means no sudden pairing switches like in Sunshine, that was terrible.

Going by the series' page here, the fandom has not, in fact, decided on which ships it likes

joined Jan 21, 2015

Going by the series' page here, the fandom has not, in fact, decided on which ships it likes

Well damn.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn

And with the time between the group launch and the anime, the fandom must have had ample time to decide which
ships they liked. Hopefully that means no sudden pairing switches like in Sunshine, that was terrible.

Implying they have to. Can't everyone just ship whoever they like? Having "canon" ships is the main source of cancer in the fandom.

Sunshine S2 was by far my favorite part of the franchise

Sunshine S2 was by far my least favourite part lol

joined May 7, 2017

I like them all equally, even though Sunshine's S1 was REALLY slow, like snail slow, but still quite enjoyable overall because the girls are really friends.

This is good, it means they're shipable with each other in equal terms.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did someone know where the Board game anime has gone from the manga. The scans that i found only goes to Vol.2 and from what i gather the anime have skip a lot of things (and i mean a lot, of the 18 chapters of the 2 volumes, maybe less thana half have gone to the anime). Did someone have read the manga and know if what happen in the anime is from the manga or most are original. Also as what chapter the end of the anime is suposs to correspond.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Blade of the immortal so far really has bad animation most fights has been reduced to just splash screen and that's just it! WHY!!! Dororo can have proper fight animation!! WHY !!

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 10:47AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Character design in subtext anime be like

And then you remove the suffering emo parts and u get

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Character design in subtext anime be like

I'd argue that Homura's hairs are black when the other are more blue/dark blue.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Including MadoMagi is a bit unfair, since that's the one everyone else is copying

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also MagiReco is a spin off for MadoMagi and I'd argue 2 main leads resembling Homura and Madoka (in design and relationship) is more than intentional. Also MadoMagi was already blatant text and MagiReco has canon lesbian character and made story even gayer in general, so I can't really see it as subtext either.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Another reason we can't see MadoMagi as merely subtext is the KyouSaya scene in Rebellion.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hahaha well I was being that serious about the subtext but it's funny, I think it's about the red and blue Oni folklore or something.

Also! Vladlove revealed some designs, I didn't know https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-12-24/mamoru-oshii-vladlove-anime-series-reveals-more-staff-members/.154725

Here hoping they can make a good balance between comedy and yuri

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hahaha well I was being that serious about the subtext but it's funny, I think it's about the red and blue Oni folklore or something.

Not really. Cute girl series tend to star one of two related archetypes: The energetic, talented, and kinda dumb redhead, or a pink-haired girl who's like that but with more self-doubt

The aloof girl with long dark hair is older, more widespread archetype, but has become common for love interests in these kind of series even since people noticed that MadoHomu was popular

Also! Vladlove revealed some designs, I didn't know

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of that. Getting wildly different impressions from those two visuals

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

More news and a PV, it looks like its gonna be good
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-26/adachi-to-shimamura-tv-anime-promo-video-reveals-staff-more-cast/.154802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWz9iPUUMF0

OMG!!! the animation looks so alluring!! can't wait! I hope they make it 2 cours because a single season can't fit into the light novel's slow pace. I can only hope.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

More news and a PV, it looks like its gonna be good
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-26/adachi-to-shimamura-tv-anime-promo-video-reveals-staff-more-cast/.154802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWz9iPUUMF0

OMG!!! the animation looks so alluring!! can't wait! I hope they make it 2 cours because a single season can't fit into the light novel's slow pace. I can only hope.

Yeah since most stuff important to the progression of their relationship would begin in the 2nd cour. I really hope it’s 24 eps, I wouldn‘t even mind if I had to wait two seasons in-between both cours or even a whole year, just knowing it would happen, would satisfy my needs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.