Forum › Anime season

Rifle is Beautiful is ANIME OF THE YEAR !!! hahahaha omg XP go watch it!

It's good but there have been plenty of better anime this year (Just go watch Granbelm and you will see how wrong your statement was)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's good but there have been plenty of better anime this year (Just go watch Granbelm and you will see how wrong your statement was)

Idon't think Serenata statement was serious in any way and Granbelm's end was a letdown and way too bittersweet for me to enjoy.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YarnGirl posted:

Granbelm had potential, at the end they didn't use it... We discussed the finale here and I really really didn't like it but I won't discuss the why again.

Interesting detail with Granbelm I heard recently... There's this cartoon from Disney called Star Vs The Forces of Evil; the ending had the same conclusion but it was catastrophically worse. I only saw two seasons but I'm glad I didn't finish it.

But yeah I'm not serious about being the best of the year, it could be but that's only for me because I'm enjoying every chapter with a smile.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Nice to see Rifle has legalized yuri marriage in Japan. High school is a bit early to get engaged though!

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Really? I watched 4 or 5 episodes and decided to drop it coz nothing was really happening. I mean, sure, it was fun to have Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley in the MC group, but the story seemed to be going nowhere.

Did it get better lately?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

KasexYamada posted:

Really? I watched 4 or 5 episodes and decided to drop it coz nothing was really happening. I mean, sure, it was fun to have Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley in the MC group, but the story seemed to be going nowhere.

Did it get better lately?

Well they are going to the nationals, the tournament didn't last long but I like it because of the cute girls doing cute stuff and the subtext that it was pretty strong in the last one.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

These Japanese customs of not wanting to stand out or cause problems can be painful to watch, like with Code Reunion
When Rigel is feeling obviously pretty bad, Azumi ask what's wrong? and she replies "nothing :))))"
And then they fail horrible the next battle, obviously because of them.
Then Azumi wants to ask about it and Rigel notices, but then she says "hmm no, is nothing :))))" and they continue to fail over and over.....Then Azumi ask her teacher about it and they reach one answer, will it fix the situation? no, because they don't talk about it.

Then something else happens with another girl... Rigel notices and ask asumi, what's wrong?
"nothing :))))))))"

Now we just wait until nothing becomes a huge accident later that could've been easily avoided Sigh well, at least the teacher admits that they don't know much about it and that's why they're trying to force results.

Edit:

Oh, is like they're telling us to ship them this way

last edited at Nov 30, 2019 1:18PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Lep8EoAE0 Trailer for an anime airingin July 2020. It's called Assault Lilyand had a full cast of girls so i think we good.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Lep8EoAE0 Trailer for an anime airingin July 2020. It's called Assault Lilyand had a full cast of girls so i think we good.

Oh, I missed that we had a trailer for that... I can't say that I'm impressed by it, though. Looks like a cheap fanservice series :/ But, yes, pretty gay

We do have some series with yuri potential coming up in January, though:

22/7 has always been kinda yuri on the animated side of things, and the visual a couple posts up makes it look like the full series will continue that. It also looks like it'll be decently animated and a legit drama, unlike a lot of idol anime

Bandori S3 is happening

Railgun is introducing a character popular with yuri shippers. I'm kinda interested in the response to this, since the series is a relic from an earlier age, where yuri was rare and mostly a joke. Also this arc falls apart at the end

Eizouken might be shippable? I'd say it's a weird art/comedy series that just happens to have an all-female main cast, but it does have an all-female main cast

There's that LN adaptation with a long name (shortened to Bofuri) about a couple of girls in a VRMMO. Didn't notice much romantic in what I read of it, but it should at least be shippable

Koisuru Asteroid is readable on this very site. It starts with heavy subtext and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes full yuri eventually

Magia Record is probably not including the canon lesbian from the game, but I hear there's some pretty heavy subtext with the main characters anyway. I would note that it looks like it's not going to be a very close adaptation, but it also looks like they'll be emphasizing Iroha and Yachiyo's relationship more. Though honestly I'm just super ready for this in general

Nekopara is harem trash, but I hear some of the girls are pretty into each other

There's, uh, OshiBudo? The one about an idol and her fan? The PV looked pretty gay and Hirao Auri has done plenty of yuri in the past. What concerns me here is that I've enjoyed literally none of her work that I've read

Show by Rock is back with a new main cast (and staff) and the PV makes it look like there'll be some subtext there

joined Mar 11, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/vDOM0Na.jpg

Kyoani? I'll pass.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Eizouken might be shippable? I'd say it's a weird art/comedy series that just happens to have an all-female main cast, but it does have an all-female main cast

For what i'm gather, it's seem your typical 3 girls group anime like we had with Joshikousei no Mudazukai not so long ago or with Yuyushiki.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Kyoani? I'll pass.

They have no upcoming anime.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn posted:

What concerns me here is that I've enjoyed literally none of her work that I've read

Tender Night is good. Not really a romance though. Manga no Tsukurikata was a trainwreck I agree.

Show by Rock is back with a new main cast (and staff) and the PV makes it look like there'll be some subtext there

You mean new main characters? I can't find anything like that.

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 4:18PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Hylarn posted:

What concerns me here is that I've enjoyed literally none of her work that I've read

Tender Night is good. Not really a romance though. Manga no Tsukurikata was a trainwreck I agree.

You mean new main characters? I can't find anything like that.

Neew show by rock https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-24/sanrio-show-by-rock-franchise-gets-new-tv-anime-in-january/.153620

If you like Lucky star you might like this too https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-06/kadokawa-original-maesetsu-anime-reveals-character-designs-2020-premiere/.154078

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 8:52PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thanks. MAL wasn't linking to it from Show By Rock page.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kyoani? I'll pass.

22/7 is being handled by A-1. They're just swiping KyoAni's style

For what i'm gather, it's seem your typical 3 girls group anime like we had with Joshikousei no Mudazukai not so long ago or with Yuyushiki.

I've actually read some of it, and it's pretty different from the typical CGDCT fare. There's no moe to speak of, and the sense of humour is more sitcom-ish

joined Mar 11, 2016

Kyoani? I'll pass.
They have no upcoming anime.
22/7 is being handled by A-1. They're just swiping KyoAni's style

Alright. When will it be airing?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Pretty much everything(*) is starting in early January. 22/7 in particular begins on the 11th

(*)Bandori starts airing on the 23rd, nearly 2 weeks after everything else, for some reason

joined Mar 11, 2016

Pretty much everything(*) is starting in early January. 22/7 in particular begins on the 11th

(*)Bandori starts airing on the 23rd, nearly 2 weeks after everything else, for some reason

Thank you. :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Azur lane 11 and 12 delayed and there's not much they can cram in there tbh. Feels like the anime was more of an ad for the game than a retelling/original story.
At least Edgyprice was pretty cool. insert pervy comment about uncensored ep 6 when here

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Azur lane 11 and 12 delayed and there's not much they can cram in there tbh. Feels like the anime was more of an ad for the game than a retelling/original story.
At least Edgyprice was pretty cool. insert pervy comment about uncensored ep 6 when here

Eh? I've honestly been finding it one of the more consistently enjoyable anime of the season. I mean, yeah, the writing is weak (though I like how weird the plot's been), but the music's good, the set design is great, animation is there when it counts. Just high-tier spectacle

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I've seen lots of people complaining about the story like it doesn't make sense but is not even over yet and for the most part, it has been really entertaining to watch... But yeah, taking a time off and fix the animation will make this something really memorable at least for me, and about the ad part, I feel that way only when it comes to the amount of ships who literally are there just for shown or just to appear in one frame... But I'm glad for that as well, I got to see the Cleveland sisters even if they weren't relevant to the story and even Eldrige and Bache

joined Jan 1, 2014

The lack of cute cutest ship of them all, Indy-chan, is disturbing, though.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Kyoani? I'll pass.

OOOFFFF!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

IS NOT KYOANI!!!

ahem

In other news (and for no one's surprise) LL is getting a new anime with a new group!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-15/love-live-franchise-gets-new-nijigasaki-gakuen-school-idol-dokokai-tv-anime/.154395 I wonder why is always 9, you know how hard is to deal with the shipping with odd numbers?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.