Forum › The Mute Girl and Her New Friend discussion

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is so fucking cute it's mending my soul with every page.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I feel like I'm being purified by reading this

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. :)

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

damn, now I want tempura.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

This might be the most wholesome manga I've ever read

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Lady Husbando material right there.~

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

da . . . feels. doubles over

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Mind reading is pretty much the ticket to get bullied and witchhunted for. People would never know if that person will read their secret thoughts (and do something with these informations, like blackmailing or telling others).

Satori Komeiji is a living example of this-
No wonder why Koishi closed her third eye-

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 1:53PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really like this, tho i can't help but feel that the author missed a trick by having one of the girls telepathically know the others thoughts. I feel like this could've been a much more powerful story about two girls overcoming the language barrier and becoming close to one another. Tho i do suppose that there have been others who've done such (tho i can't think of such a yuri off the top of my head) and the telepathy does make this somewhat unique.

This is very cute tho.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 2:18PM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

i think the telepathy is what makes this one different

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 3:00PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really like this, tho i can't help but feel that the author missed a trick by having one of the girls telepathically know the others thoughts. I feel like this could've been a much more powerful story about two girls overcoming the language barrier and becoming close to one another. Tho i do suppose that there have been others who've done such (tho i can't think of such a yuri off the top of my head) and the telepathy does make this somewhat unique.

It's not exactly a normal girl understanding a mute girl, but there is a manga that is entirely "silent". As in no speech bubbles and the reader has to understand the context from what's going on in each panel. Called Joshikausei .

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I've lost track of how many times I've ignored a manga for days and then decided to give it a try anyway, only to find out it ranks in my favourites.
Am I stupid or something?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Mind reading is pretty much the ticket to get bullied and witchhunted for.

Only if people knows you are a mind reader. Keep it a secret, and it's the ticket to get rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Not that our MC seems really interested in that, tho.

That's... astoundingly accurate. The way Teep Girl behaves around Mute Girl is so stereotypically masculine, it's hilarious. In shoujo manga, especially the ones with very young characters (middle schoolers or younger), you'd have trouble finding even one male character who doesn't get like that around his crush: when they notice she's in some trouble, they help her out of it, but at the same time they do everything in their power to make it look that it was just an accident or a coincidence! (No way in heck they would admit they care about her. That'd be losing face!)

Smukko
joined Mar 26, 2018

So freaking adorable, I absolutely love it.
This site now needs a cutemute tag

Also this kinda reminds me of Furumapura, the one with the girl who only communicates by rating things with number signs. Which is doubly nice because that one hasn't gotten a new translated chapter in 3 1/2 years :(

"I feel like the author made a mistake because I wanted a serious, emotional romance story but instead they drew a fluffy comedy, they really messed up by not writing a completely different plot just for me"

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This is very cute tho.

There are stories sort of similar to that. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/spring_a_minuet comes to mind, and also https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/present#2

Or Koe no Katachi, though that's not yuri.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's... astoundingly accurate. The way Teep Girl behaves around Mute Girl is so stereotypically masculine, it's hilarious. In shoujo manga, especially the ones with very young characters (middle schoolers or younger), you'd have trouble finding even one male character who doesn't get like that around his crush: when they notice she's in some trouble, they help her out of it, but at the same time they do everything in their power to make it look that it was just an accident or a coincidence! (No way in heck they would admit they care about her. That'd be losing face!)

We call that a tsundere. That archetype is not reserved to guys. Not even a particularily masculine trait. In fact most common among girls. When it's used on guys it usually gets pushed in the "tough guy with a heart of gold" category, even though it's very clearly just a milder form of tsundere. Guess Shoujo doesn't like calling its guys cute unless that is literally their defining trait (hello shotacon bait).

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What I've come to realize reading the comments is that this is basically a happy yuri crossover of Koe no Katachi and Kotoura-san.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

this is adorable

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

this is just the cutest thing my lifespan increased by three years

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

this really be the cutest shit ever omg, so wholesome!

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

We call that a tsundere.

No we don't. The tsunderes of shounen manga and the confused immature boys of shoujo manga have nothing in common. Don't pretend you understand the subject when it's obvious you don't know squat.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

After so many of these, I feel we need a Mind Reader tag for this story and ones like it. For instance, Honto No Kokoro. I love these enough that it would be a dream come true.

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 12:55AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

good marning

Good moaning

joined Oct 22, 2018

I dunno about you, but a few posts in this thread are giving me flashbacks to late July.

To reply you must either login or sign up.