Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Aug 19, 2019

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

I can't remember if it was mentioned in volume 4. But I know that there's a short story about it on Iruma-sensei's blog

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I want to read this but at the same time I don't have the patience.
I'm chapters behind. lol

joined Mar 5, 2019

I want to read this but at the same time I don't have the patience.
I'm chapters behind. lol

It's worth the effort, I promise. For Adachi's observation of Shimamura's boobs alone, that chapter is worth digging in. You will not be disappointed.

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Nope, but I am neglecting my own ASL studies.

I would legit die of laughter if you were actually that girl who never shows up in my class, and is now shitting herself because finals are on Tuesday.

I've been out of school for a while. Good luck on finals

joined Mar 5, 2019

I've been out of school for a while. Good luck on finals

Thanks, I'm currently in denial about them.

joined Jan 31, 2017

Is it just me or am I the only one that’s more interested in the side stores now :•)
Don’t get me wrong I do love me some Adachi but Shima need some sense knocked into her...I mean when is she going to snap

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

When Shimamura is talking with Adachi, there are times when she purposely making her voice sound unkind. Anyone knows why she's doing that? To tease Adachi? I dont really get why she does that.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. I have some good news. Some of the comments here don't quite match up with the impressions I got about our lead characters. (Though only slightly) So. Now I gotta to re-read the whole thing! ^.^

last edited at Dec 9, 2019 8:08AM

joined Mar 5, 2019

Well. I have some good news. Some of the comments here don't quite match up with the impressions I got about our lead characters. (Though only slightly) So. Now I gotta to re-read the whole thing! ^.^

Blessed by the yuri.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Is it just me or am I the only one that’s more interested in the side stores now :•)
Don’t get me wrong I do love me some Adachi but Shima need some sense knocked into her...I mean when is she going to snap

Often I do find side character more interesting. Can't say that's the case for me this time but as long as you're enjoying it.

joined Apr 23, 2015

It took me years to figure out that my long silences stresses the shit out of people.

I think part of me has known this on some level but most likely justified it in some very pig headed way.

For me, it's just how I function when I'm in relaxed mode. It's when I'm talking a lot that people should actually be stressed, because that means something is definitely wrong with me.

Rough. Take care!

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

To be honest I think I like more the idea from vol 1 of both of them being "two cats" that enjoy each other's company rather than all the constant mentions of Adachi being more dog like, granted I guess that may also be part of the change between "past Adachi" and "current Adachi" and all that.

"Though quite abnormal, it might be that I ended up being saved by Adachi"

This line caught me a bit off guard considering it came right off Shimamura helping Adachi calm down, I guess it refers to how Adachi, by going against the "flow" and reaching to her important person it sort of broke the way Shimamura has always gone about living her life and and put her in a position where, she too, would have to step and reach out rather than just let things go by.
or something like that?

I wonder if Shimamura felt "saved" in that very moment or is it supposed to be read in a "looking back" kinda way, and it references something that will happen in the future that was incfluenced by that moment?

Don't get me wrong im still enjoying the series, It just annoys me cuz it feels kind of artificial, like in the first volume or two the two of them were constantly lowkey flirting, finding excuses to touch each other, etc. Now they're circling around in a status quo, when there's such more interesting ideas the story could be exploring.

Yeah... I am also enjoying it still but I do have to agree somewhat with that.
Like on paper I do like this chapters where each girl on their own gets very introspectic about how they've lived their lives so far, but it's kinda brought down a little these walls they have that didn't to seem to be a problem before?
I don't know I get that Shimamura not reaching out to Adachi at all (besides one efort to see her at her work) during this time is to put in the forefront how all of her relationships have started and ended in these last years because of her going by the "flow", I get that, but she also just told her in their valentine date to "keep going" in the path they are walking so it's a bit frustrating to read
granted Adachi also took this long to reach out to her because of her own hangups so it goes back to how this volume seems to wantto have them reflect about their lives and their personal barriers.
or at least that's how I am interpreting.

The one thing that I am kinda bother is that in the first two volumes it seems very clear to me that Shimamura could really tell what was up with Adachi and just decided to negate it all in her mind since she was afraid of a relationship that asked a lot more of her that she has ever given. The latter half it is still in place but she really reads more like "dense and not getting it" rather than "aware but in negation".
Like when Adachi ask her out for the christmas date Shimamura could really tell what was up with Adachi but for her own sake she goes like "naaah Adachi doesn't want ME she just wants SOMEONE, yep that's what I am going with" basically I think she was more self-aware earlier on is what I am trying to say.

Ah well, I am still interested to see were their story goes.

joined Mar 5, 2019

Rough. Take care!

Thanks, you too!

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah, I think for the most part the story does a good job having shimamura be in denial more than actually being dense. Like you get the clear sense that she does understand where this is all going, but she's just refusing to think about it until/if things really happen.

But there are a few parts that do feel more like the author just stretching shit out, too.

I feel like I'm always complaining and I'm actually really enjoying it and looking forward to new releases! One reason I hate the stuff that feels like foot-dragging is cuz I think this author could explore a lot of interesting ground once they do start to get together.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Y'all clearly aren't alone in your frustration with Shimamura doing her best impression of an emotional cinder block. It kind of annoys me too, I will sit here as I'm reading for typos or whatever and go "oh come ON Shima how can you come SO CLOSE to figuring this out and then the next time one of your chapters comes around you've gone back into your shell about all of it?".

Then again I didn't realize/admit I was gay AF till long after high school.... but then again AGAIN I also didn't have some adorable creature totally lusting after me like 24/7 either so really, Shimamura? Just REALLY? lol

Good news is that since Adachi is clearly finally trying to be more assertive--what is it with her and fortune tellers/shaman being her impetus??--it's inevitable that she's going to get her meaning AND her feelings across to Shimamura, probably sooner rather than later at this point. I am looking forward to that time, so I can sit over here and giggle to myself a few days earlier than the rest of you. ~_^

Also low-key looking forward to Hino and Nagafuji hooking up but we'll see what happens there, lol

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 5:20AM

joined Jan 31, 2017

Also low-key looking forward to Hino and Nagafuji hooking up but we'll see what happens there, lol

Right!? Those bonus chapters are great they should make their own little series for them but I’m satisfied of what I can get... ;•)

joined Oct 9, 2019

Sakura always manages to impress me.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I'm coming over here after the manga finished, I heard the story continues over here. Is it worth to reread the whole thing or is there a good chapter to start from to continue? Eh screw it I'm just gonna reread.

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 9:28AM

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

I'm coming over here after the manga finished, I heard the story continues over here. Is it worth to reread the whole thing or is there a good chapter to start from to continue? Eh screw it I'm just gonna reread.

Reread everything. The novel's better

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

WAAAAAYYYYYY better.....and gayer too.

Saya_avatar_small
joined Sep 12, 2018

Like a lot of the previous comments, I'm really hoping we get to see Shima be a bit more aware/not in denial soon. I'm expecting Adachi will keep increasing her efforts until Shima can't write it off with a rationalization sooner rather than later, Adachi definitely seems like she's trying to be more obvious now.

Reread everything. The novel's better

Agreed. I enjoyed the original manga release a lot, but the LN has been much better to me.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Like a lot of the previous comments, I'm really hoping we get to see Shima be a bit more aware/not in denial soon. I'm expecting Adachi will keep increasing her efforts until Shima can't write it off with a rationalization sooner rather than later, Adachi definitely seems like she's trying to be more obvious now.

// laughs in QC //

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I feel like I'm always complaining and I'm actually really enjoying it and looking forward to new releases! One reason I hate the stuff that feels like foot-dragging is cuz I think this author could explore a lot of interesting ground once they do start to get together.

and

I am looking forward to that time, so I can sit over here and giggle to myself a few days earlier than the rest of you. ~_^

Glad to know that despite us been a bit by the way some stuff is handled, we all still are really enjoying this story~

// laughs in QC //

oh boy....

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 2:28PM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

// laughs in QC //

I don‘t know what to expect from this.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Small update on the pdf/epub versions. I managed to get Amazon to stop downscaling images, and those have now been updated to use higher resolutions ones. The kindle cover have also been replaced with the novel versions (someone mentioned about that). This will be the practice going forward, but I won't update the old images here on dynasty since that's too much of a hassle.

The rest of this volume should be out in a day or two.

To reply you must either login or sign up.