Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Oh? So the school trip is all written in Shimamura's POV? As much as I love her, I still wanted to read some chapters in Adachi POV, cause obviously, her POV is much gayer. Lol

I meant it is dominated by Shimamura’s pov except ofcourse on the part of Nagafuji & Hino, Yashiro’s and the last which is Adachi’s pov.

Is this really a WAY too slow burn? I think it’s just how you get into the story. Probably, people expect too much of a yuri. I enjoyed it very much, tbh.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Taru's a surprisingly fun, likable character for a love rival. On the other hand, I'm becoming increasingly unclear on what anyone sees in Shima

Strange girls tend to like Shimamura because she tolerates their strange behavior.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Strange girls tend to like Shimamura because she tolerates their strange behavior.

TIL I am Shimamura

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

People have identities outside of their relationships. I love seeing their growth as individuals.

For me, Shima's development is more interesting. Adachi is so obsessed and ...anxious. ^ ^ ;)

To me, it'll be somewhat more special when we see Shima actively pursue or engage Adachi. She is shifting away from a completely passive approach to life. Adachi was jettisoned into action by her feelings. She doesn't like people, but Adachi seems to have been more engaged in life that Shimamura, even before they met. Shimamura became more passive, whereas Adachi's main barriers to being active about her life are a dislike of people and anxiety.

They are both struggling with a lack of purpose -- as we all do early (and even late) In our lives -- which is an obvious source of indecision and lack of initiative. Shimamura -- or her own interest in her -- has become Adachi's purpose. (And that's somewhat off putting for me.) Shimamura is still fumbling without direction, but she seems to be developing a more wholistic view ...very slowly, but surely. I'm looking forward to Adachi developing an individual purpose. I'm looking forward to Shimamura's purpose solidifying and her romantic attention (which I think is at about nonexistent) turning toward Adachi.

I'm reading this, of course, because it's a romance, but I love all the introspection. US/American novels/stories are more about action and getting to point B or the end. I prefer the journey and how individuals experience it.

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

*goes to download chapter two*

P.S. I'm Adachi awkward, but I'm more driven than both. Shimamura has more attractive traits for me. She's a caretaker type. In common with both, I'm not a fan of interacting with humans frequently. ;p

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 7:33AM

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

At first i don't personally like Shima's childhood friend. But latest chapter make me like & want to cheer her on more.
Btw weird name choice for those trio classmates.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's not that i don't like her but i never really appreciate the love rival trope.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, looks like Taru is a more serious rival after all. Still can't see her have much of a chance, though. After all, even while hanging out with her and having had almost no contact with Adachi this year, Shima still kept comparing Taru to Adachi. Poor Taru might have had a chance if Adachi hadn't happened, but seeing this and remembering the difference in their February trips, it's just so clear how much more important Adachi is to Shima.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I believe, Adachi is rather special to her, it's proved when she kept thinking Adachi from time to time, even though she's interacting with others or she said so herself, when she's doing nothing. The time the girls invited her to eat lunch, she still looked at Adachi first. When she's out with Tarumi and kept comparing, when they chose key chains, and thought she's a cat and Adachi is a dog, when she suggested to her mother to eat dinner in Chinese restaurant where Adachi part-timed to see her face to face but just to get slightly disappointed in the end. Or when she doesn't want other classmates to found out their place in the gym's 2nd floor. Unknowingly to herself, Shimamura is starting to get really attach to Adachi. ==

I was gonna say all that. Lucky for me you already did because I need to be in bed 30 minutes ago!

That was a great chapter. I think it was a great way to compare and contrast where Shima is with Addachi as it relates to other people at this point in the story.
That image of Shima in casual clothes was boss level.
And I feel for Tarumi.
That whole friendship dea-ly(assuming it's not a romantic angle which it could very well be) still confuses the hell out of me even in my cough whatever years young I happen to be. I be forgetting cough ^^;

I'm like, drunk from lack of sleep. Skipped the bonus chapter but will read tomorrow.

last edited at Nov 17, 2019 12:00AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, but let's also not forget about the truly important part of this latest release, which is of course Shou staring at Yashiro and wanting to lick her fingers.

last edited at Nov 17, 2019 3:41PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ugh. Love triangles. Even though the forum told me it was coming.

Of course, Taru being so forward and Shimamura already comparing her overtures with Adachi, this new (revived) relationship has to be the catalyst to Shimamura figuring out Adachi behavior -- or then I'll be on the side with the others saying she's in denial.

This chapter was full of gay. Flashing neon signs signaling gay around every corner.

I am not a fan of the change in the narrative voice in Shimamura's chapter, but I did enjoy how much Shimamura was looking forward to Adachi finally calling out to her in the end.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks again sneikkimies.

joined Oct 5, 2016

This story is just WAY too much of a slow burn, I find it too hard to get into it. They still barely even interact with each other.

I was rereading through the first 3 volumes and this was something I noticed, especially in vol 3. Like for a romance series they don't actually spend much time together? Which is annoying, I liked in volume 1 even though they don't really know they're flirting yet, they can't help but constantly flirt or try to touch each other. It's very teenager. And Shimamura was really obviously into Adachi, she was just a bit more passive and more in denial about it.

But as the series has gone on... We still get little scenes now and then hinting that Shimamura cares more than she wants to admit, but there's also a lot of times Shimamura just comes across as genuinely uninvested in their relationship. It feels pretty jarring compared to their early scenes together.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^In a way, the latest chapter explains a lot of that. Shima clearly thinks a lot about Adachi, going in the previous volume as far as to quite uncharacteristically for her normally uncaring self wish for her happiness, but she's extremely bad at starting anything on her own, waiting for Adachi to come to her or contact her instead. In the early days when they both were skipping class, they were naturally together in their hiding place most of the time, which gave them the necessary time to bond. Once they started properly going to class, however, it was for the most part reduced to the times Adachi took initiative to talk to her and make plans for them to be together.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

They skipped Adachi's birthday too in their first year.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah but to be fair we didn't know her birthday yet
Would be kinda disappointing to let us know Shima's bday was going to be in two months (when we found out in February) and then not address it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Would be kinda disappointing to let us know Shima's bday was going to be in two months (when we found out in February) and then not address it

With the chapter ending with Adachi finally approaching her, this may likely be the reason why. After Christmas and Valentine's, this would be the next big event for her to make plans for, which may have finally made her take action again.

joined Oct 9, 2019

I want Taru to show Shima the GAY. She needs help getting there.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

With the chapter ending with Adachi finally approaching her, this may likely be the reason why. After Christmas and Valentine's, this would be the next big event for her to make plans for, which may have finally made her take action again.

This makes sense now, I was wondering why Adachi behaved so oddly awkward (you know, more than usual).

joined Jan 25, 2017

I don't specifically need it to be Taru, but the deeper we get into this thing especially knowing that they do eventually start dating the more curious I find myself getting about how Shimamura - with her attachment to the low-energy status quo and low-energy nature - is going to react when somebody inevitably comes right out and asks more of her.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I don't specifically need it to be Taru, but the deeper we get into this thing especially knowing that they do eventually start dating the more curious I find myself getting about how Shimamura - with her attachment to the low-energy status quo and low-energy nature - is going to react when somebody inevitably comes right out and asks more of her.

Bwahaha! I need to thank both of you for putting this imagery in my head.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Taru's a surprisingly fun, likable character for a love rival. On the other hand, I'm becoming increasingly unclear on what anyone sees in Shima

Tarumi in present seems physically attracted to her. And I imagine a lot of interest is based on how Shima was when they were kids. Shima remembering the childhood nickname probably really reeled Tarumi in. By the heart strings yo!

I think for Addachi, Shima wormed her way into her heart. They seem to be comfortable in their silences. Something Addachi hasn't really had with anyone else even though she's had people interested in as she was. They probably seem similar in many respects as neither is all that crazy about socializing, even if Shima is much better at it. They met by chance but while doing the same thing. Ditching class. People are suppose to be attracted to the like minded.

Those are my guesses anyway.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:22AM

joined Apr 23, 2015

It's not that i don't like her but i never really appreciate the love rival trope.

I'm trying not to flip out every time it comes up as it seems to come up a LOT. I usually don't even dislike the third wheel.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:23AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Taru looks experienced, right?
But it may kill Adachi if some other girl will be the one to show Shimamura the GAY.

joined Oct 9, 2019

Anybody know any other yuri LNs on this site?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anybody know any other yuri LNs on this site?

Clicking on the Light Novel tag helps. ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.