Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Lovely chapter, it's quite a struggle for Konatsu.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Have they forgot how to have normal discussion ? Like you know, talking face to face to each other ? When was even the last time they've done that ? With chapter length and release, it feel like an eternity since they had a proper discussion. Don't get me wrong it's good in itself but it's the path is more slower than a car without wheels.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

You can see from Konatsu's reaction to Koyuki's text (and from all her reactions beforehand) that she feels very guilty about bringing her back to her now that she's been breaking out, that's going to be difficult to bring up and properly talk about although she will have to sooner or later. And in the short term, they weren't alone so they weren't going to have such a private talk with Kaede and Fuyuki around. But I get what you mean, I always try not to think of how much time it takes in the real world for manga chapters to come out, it can be grueling and deflate your enthusiasm, especially in monthly series. I like to think that once all of it is out, reading it again all at once will feel much better and reflect the work's actual pacing.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

so who's the salamander and who's the frog?? im really confused

joined Dec 9, 2018

More like Komatsu Amano can't come out.

But seriously, I want them to honestly and openly talk about their feelings before any huge thing like graduation or exams hit their way. Can't say I'd be happy if they delay it voluntarily just to create conflict.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 9:46PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

so who's the salamander and who's the frog?? im really confused

Amano was the frog at first and Honami the salamander but lately they switch out as Honami open up will Amano close herself.

joined Aug 18, 2015

No because this series got trademark as tourism symbol so no homo.

Dunno, if I knew this was the town where cute 2D lesbians got together, I'd just be more inclined to visit.

Let's do a math:

Heyyy, that's me, interested in yuri manga and went to Japan! And I don't know if it's useful to the discussion here, but I found (and bought) this manga in the yuri section in the most definitely biggest bookstore right in the center on Shibuya, Tokyo. I even got pictures of the place, there's no doubt that this is story is going to end with a lesbian couple, 'cause I'm pretty sure that was the intention from the beginning...

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 9:48PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Laughed harder than I should have.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This story somehow manages to unhinge me. It must be because it hits me over and over again in my weakest spots with how relatable it is. I'm the type of person to get overly attached and overly dependent on another person. And then when the other person has a life of their own, I grow anxious. Meh it's such drama

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

This is honestly how I first read the chap title when I got the notification.

Those are some intense feelings of friendship.

Kidding aside, that's actually pretty believable.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Soren posted:

This is honestly how I first read the chap title when I got the notification.

Most of us did for sure.

Some people in mangadex were saying how Koyuki was wrong for ruining the mood for everyone else, well then I guess that wasn't a place for her after all, if what she think is right makes things wrong for everyone then what's the point? forcing herself to enjoy things she doesn't like (and don't get me wrong, things were fine but then they inevitably take it to the next level and is only getting more intense from there, we were all teenagers, we know what's gonna happen) and doesn't know ? stay quiet for the pressure of the group? surely leaving is not the "right thing" because that's considered social suicide and when you don't have a close friend there you're pretty much dragged by the flow of things.

I'm glad she was saved... I'm glad Konatsu realized and of course I know her motivation were obscure, she was doing the right thing but not entirely for Koyuki's sake.

BUT ANYWAY I HOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEE that the next chapter they talk about it, they can't go on like this and there's only so much Kaede can do (or realize)... Specially if Konatsu doesn't speak!!!!

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 10:31PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yeah, I think Kaede's helped out as much as she could, just bringing Konatsu to the karaoke place and pointing out Koyuki was there was exactly what she needed to do, without interfering further. Something that hasn't been really addressed so far is how Koyuki seemingly lacks the social awareness to understand how Konatsu might feel about the situation. Kaede also tried to make her realize it on her own, but she couldn't do it. I wonder if the awkward situation Koyuki got herself in with her classmates during the karaoke party might help her realize Konatsu's point of view of not wanting her to fit in with others and leave her behind, but I feel like Koyuki just won't get it until Konatsu flat-out admits it to her because she's just that socially stunted.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 10:40PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Awesome chapter.
I mean, my kokoro was was drummin so hard while Konatsu was crashing the party lol.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Threesome! Okay, I'm a degenerate, I'll stop.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Where can I buy a brother like that and how much? Please lmk.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Good lord, the writing in this is sooo good! I relate with both of their shit so damn much. "Loners gotta loner but life waits for no one" and all that.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This story has me anxious these last few chapters, I hope they start hanging out together again. The teen angst is a little too realistic for me to handle. I need a chapter like in fireworks one, cute and serious, not just serious.

joined Nov 7, 2013

i enjoyed the angst but i want them to make up soon... and also, i relate to much to konatsu that it hurts too much reading her pov. dang

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I love this but at the same time I'm getting Stretch flashbacks

I just want these two to announce how gay they are for each other but I don't think it's gonna happen

joined May 7, 2017

dang it, friendship is really strong in this one, so much they don't even realize, confessing or nah?

joined Dec 28, 2016

"There are things you are better off not knowing"

I don't know why anyone can think this is a good idea. It's NEVER the case that you're better off from lacking information about someone. It's such a horrible inhuman manga trope to use this.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
If I recall correctly, Konatsu originally thought about that in regards to finding out that Koyuki doesn't seem to consider their first encounter special like she does. I also agree that knowing everything is better, but that's not true for every person, for some it can be tough to deal with it. "Ignorance is bliss" and all that.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

For fucks sake, it's just a little alcohol. Get over it. ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"There are things you are better off not knowing"

I don't know why anyone can think this is a good idea. It's NEVER the case that you're better off from lacking information about someone. It's such a horrible inhuman manga trope to use this.

That's far too big a NEVER--it totally depends on the situation. You may have a reasonable argument if we're talking about interpersonal situations like in this manga, but there have been lots of times when I found out something about someone I used to know that spoiled my positive memory of them.

(Or like if you become friends with someone you used to dislike a lot--"I used to fantasize about smacking you in the face" isn't information that needs to be made public just for the abstract principle of candor/full disclosure.)

Sometimes previously unknown information coming out doesn't do anyone any good.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So, are they gonna gay or are they not gonna gay?

The angst is too real to me too. :'(

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 10:58AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.