Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I said it before and I'll say it again, how are they not gay?

Be prepared to be horribly disappointed by a pure friendship ending.

@BeanBeanKingdom
Fair point, however, the monologue is still blamed. It's way too long, it feel like the author tries to buy sometime for something else. Even though I know that it is not what they want, maybe they just simply feel so high and decide to make a long chapter, but keep a long boring inner thought won't make the story great. So it's still blamed! Low quality work.

Personally, I think that the long introspective monologues are exactly what make this story so good, but tastes differ.

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 1:54PM by

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I'm loving the super gal pals aura this is giving off

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I said it before and I'll say it again, how are they not gay?

Because Author said "no homo"

No because this series got trademark as tourism symbol so no homo.

joined Nov 29, 2013

@Star Light: Yeah, I get it, the monologue can feel like it drags, but I'm fine with it because there's always a point to it, in this case it's about Konatsu being in denial and thinking she has to bottle her feelings up while slowly realizing (and being made to realize by Kaede) that doing so makes her suffer. I think it's more of an issue of the chapter taking two months to release and only setting up a development in the next one (though it was originally meant to be a longer chapter). I'm sure that reading this part in the volume release all at once will feel just right and not too slow.

I think it is poor setting. But well, drama is its theme so I guess my complaint was personal. I guess this is not the kinda manga for me. Tell me when they got yuri and I will consider to get back (which is never, see I use past tense in conditional clause)

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 9:03PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Dunno, if I knew this was the town where cute 2D lesbians got together, I'd just be more inclined to visit.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Konatsu, please don't hide your feelings. :(
Go tell Koyuki you're uber gay and wanna fuck her. >:v

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Wish author said yeah-homo instead huh.

Personally now, I won't mind if this ends 'platonically' guised in steamy three-way handholding among three gal-pals.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Personally now, I won't mind if this ends 'platonically' guised in steamy three-way handholding among three gal-pals.

...you monster. D:

joined May 7, 2017

Konatsu-chan can't contain her feelings anymore, I feeling a friendship confession is up next, fingers crossed

joined May 7, 2017

Wish author said yeah-homo instead huh.

geez, what a degenerate, let's not lewd them

joined Jul 26, 2019

So much drama if it's just for a friendship story would be disappointing... I find honami's attitude towards konatsu really not nice, to put it aside when it's not invasive at all and hide things from her...
A little too easy as a shy reaction. And she waits until the last week to tell him she's leaving to study?
Now if the next chapter is just a kind of reunion of the kind we become great friends again, then the scenario will also be flawed and the story will become eternal for nothing.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Now if the next chapter is just a kind of reunion of the kind we become great friends again, then the scenario will also be flawed and the story will become eternal for nothing.

Fortunately there's no way it will be, after all over the last two or three chapters we've been shown Kaede working up a resolve to see things through personally for those useless les...subtext friends.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Fortunately there's no way it will be, after all over the last two or three chapters we've been shown Kaede working up a resolve to see things through personally for those useless les...subtext friends.

Yeah, it's still a story to push the kaede character who is exceptionally a Samaritan woman ^^
In fact, what is the pseudo problem between the two, everything is fine and all of a sudden it makes friends who no longer understand each other and don't talk to each other, it makes it a little big anyway.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Classic 'build your friend up, your friend finds new friends and you feel lonely' story. I think Konatsu is afraid Honami is friend-cheating on her. She knows I guess that Honami will eventually leave for college. I guess Konatsu wants to tell her that she'll:

A. Miss her?
B. Wants to stay longterm friends with her?

Konatsu is being unreasonably awkward. Maybe she thinks she has nothing more to give now that Honami has more friend juice these days (strength to be social, positive and friendly; outgoing). Konatsu awkwardly believes she shouldn't dabble with Honami anymore, after all she has Kaede and stuff now.

Yet we see that Honami is already losing her grip a little and isn't totally confident.

Since yuri is so shameful, I guess it will be a friends confession after all. "I want to be friends with you!" "Oh God, seriously!"

They sure don't act like friends right now, who knew the road to friendship was so rocky? Or they're both awkward as hell.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Classic 'build your friend up, your friend finds new friends and you feel lonely' story. I think Konatsu is afraid Honami is friend-cheating on her. She knows I guess that Honami will eventually leave for college. I guess Konatsu wants to tell her that she'll:

A. Miss her?
B. Wants to stay longterm friends with her?

Konatsu is being unreasonably awkward. Maybe she thinks she has nothing more to give now that Honami has more friend juice these days (strength to be social, positive and friendly; outgoing). Konatsu awkwardly believes she shouldn't dabble with Honami anymore, after all she has Kaede and stuff now.

Yet we see that Honami is already losing her grip a little and isn't totally confident.

Since yuri is so shameful, I guess it will be a friends confession after all. "I want to be friends with you!" "Oh God, seriously!"

They sure don't act like friends right now, who knew the road to friendship was so rocky? Or they're both awkward as hell.

True for a story of understanding about friendship it still goes far in non-dialogue, they have just met each other which is obviously not the case...
But well we'll see how things will evolve already with the karaoke party or honami should not be super comfortable unless there too it unlocks, or the two friends meet singing a song at the same time!

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Konatsu's issue right now is that she feels ashamed of herself for not being entirely happy about Koyuki managing to open up and find new friends and for desiring for Koyuki to stay the same so that she'll remain the only person Koyuki will open up with. This stems from her own loneliness and desire to be considered special by someone (either as a friend or romantically, this is what the author will likely never clarify and leave up to the reader's interpretation). Of course this is a contradiction since Konatsu herself was the one who pushed Koyuki to break out of her shell, so she thinks it would be wrong to talk to her about this, that the issue lies entirely with herself and she should bottle it up and pretend she's okay with the current situation for Koyuki's sake. There is no simple solution since Konatsu would have to admit to her selfishness and Koyuki might not respond positively to it. I think Konatsu will definitely have to learn to accept that Koyuki will have other people she can rely on from now on, but at the same time Koyuki will come to realize that she and Konatsu still need each other and that their bond and mutual understanding will always be deeper than what she could have with anybody else.

Kaede got herself into a real mess, but her method of indirectly prodding both of them is the most appropriate.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Konatsu's issue right now is that she feels ashamed of herself for not being entirely happy about Koyuki managing to open up and find new friends and for desiring for Koyuki to stay the same so that she'll remain the only person Koyuki will open up with. This stems from her own loneliness and desire to be considered special by someone (either as a friend or romantically, this is what the author will likely never clarify and leave up to the reader's interpretation). Of course this is a contradiction since Konatsu herself was the one who pushed Koyuki to break out of her shell, so she thinks it would be wrong to talk to her about this, that the issue lies entirely with herself and she should bottle it up and pretend she's okay with the current situation for Koyuki's sake. There is no simple solution since Konatsu would have to admit to her selfishness and Koyuki might not respond positively to it. I think Konatsu will definitely have to learn to accept that Koyuki will have other people she can rely on from now on, but at the same time Koyuki will come to realize that she and Konatsu still need each other and that their bond and mutual understanding will always be deeper than what she could have with anybody else.

Kaede got herself into a real mess, but her method of indirectly prodding both of them is the most appropriate.

Right but konatsu is playing a dangerous game because she wants to keep honami to herself selfishly and tries to avoid it but by moving away from honami she was creating an even bigger problem, it's more about self-destruction than anything else.
It's just this scenario that I find improbable, sabotaging a big friendship for trivia instead of trying to strengthen it, in short konatsu is still a hell of a caricature of everything you shouldn't do!
Moreover, the author uses the only possible solution to repair the damage, i.e. a mediator like kaede, otherwise everything would be ruined.
I can't even imagine if it was a love story!
On the other hand honami is also blind to not notice anything, I don't mind that they are shy characters but her closest friend behaves strangely and she acts as if nothing were wrong.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 10:10PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So is this worth picking up again or are they still just good friends?

joined Jul 26, 2019

So is this worth picking up again or are they still just good friends?

They have difficulties in terms of friendship at the moment but difficult to understand the essence of konatsu's thinking, jealous that honami is other friends? she doesn't know what her feelings are so to see in the next chapters if it's love jealousy or not.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Something is going to change? Is it the subtext tag? :3

joined Nov 29, 2013

Dunno, if I knew this was the town where cute 2D lesbians got together, I'd just be more inclined to visit.

Let's do a math:
- Phrase 1: How many people living in the world? How many people has interesting in YURI (just yuri) like you, me, us? Make a ratio and moving to phrase 2.
- Phrase 2: How many people living in the world tends to go to Japan? The same second question like above? Make a ratio.
- Phrase 3: Compare the result from 2 phrases and answer the classic question? Which gains more benefit (be blunt, money)?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Something is going to change? Is it the subtext tag? :3

Here's to hoping: cheers!

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

@Senjougahara_sama: I'm interested in Konatsu's comment on page 9 about how she's been searching for that "something" that has been gradually changing around her. Right now she herself cannot define it and I want to see how she will figure it out. Not that it has to be romantic interest, but as of now, it would be the best bet as to how she'd realize something like that about herself.

@Star Light: I was just joking. Ultimately I don't think there's a huge correlation between marketing a series for tourism and what happens between the characters in it. Most people will just take an interest if the locations themselves are memorable.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Salamander Kampfgruppe, reporting for duty!

To reply you must either login or sign up.