Forum › Dog and Cat Sayo Hina part 2 discussion

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I wonder who would honestly read this with those tags (I didn't by the way). Just contemplating what it takes to enjoy something like that.

I saw the tags and haven't read it. Came to the comments to see what's the deal with it, but I haven't gotten a clue yet. It's just people saying it's sad.

Hina and Sayo are a cat and dog, respectively, but Sayo dies and Hina’s like “why isn’t she moving?” and “Why is she so cold now?” and it’s sad

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

I think the part 1 was the cat’s first time meeting the dog while the cat was in a cone. Idk can’t read Japanese.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I wonder who would honestly read this with those tags (I didn't by the way). Just contemplating what it takes to enjoy something like that.

Depression helps. Not being sarcastic. Reading depressing shit when I'm depressed is akin to listening to sad songs for me. Gotta be like that for others too.

Somehow I doubt that reading depressing things helps depressed people.

Considering that I am a depressed person--I've lived with chronic depression/bipolar II for over 30 years--and seeing/listening to sad things can often help, I would say that this is inaccurate. Consuming things that are sad seem to help by virtue of giving me something to "actually be sad about", rather than just the never-ending blah of depression that is my life.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's nothing that paralyzes you, it's an innocent story that just has a sad ending
It's not the world sucks now there is no happiness everything is a lie kind of story, just a story without a happily ever after

And I don't think it's fair in any way to compare this to sewage water, this isn't detrimental/toxic to mental health as sewage water is for physical health

I can somewhat guess what this story was about and I think causing unecessary grief without relief is a bad thing in itself. Every writer treats this differently, but tragedy without a glimmer of hope is pointless to me.

Somehow I doubt that reading depressing things helps depressed people.

Considering that I am a depressed person--I've lived with chronic depression/bipolar II for over 30 years--and seeing/listening to sad things can often help, I would say that this is inaccurate. Consuming things that are sad seem to help by virtue of giving me something to "actually be sad about", rather than just the never-ending blah of depression that is my life.

Well you know best what works for you of course. It does sound like you just need a distraction though, no matter what emotion it is about. At least that's what most depressed people I know do.

Naturally fiction should provoke all emotions, including sadness. But without a pay off or relief the consequence is just feeling shitty.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

What the shit

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

saw the tags, still read it, now im really sad

Drjcsvnx4aah-1b
joined Nov 9, 2018

AAAAA

joined Mar 5, 2016

eh, it wasn't very good.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

K.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is so sad :'(

Also where is part 1?

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Sadly this happens in real life too...

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

WOWOWOWOW U JUST WANNA MAKE ME SOB

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

What the fuck man

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

EXTREME SOBBING NOISES

Images
joined Mar 5, 2015

TIME FOR A FEELS TRIP!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

What the hell man. Who makes shit like this?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I read the comments before reading this and built it all up in my head. Then I read the manga and laughed.

Am I a bad person?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I read the comments before reading this and built it all up in my head. Then I read the manga and laughed.

Am I a bad person?

It's quite normal to deal with stuff like that differently. Your mind reflexively reacts with laughter and playing down the issue. It's texbook escapism, but that's not a bad thing. By disassociating your emotions from the matter you avoid getting hurt. You should be happy you can do that.

joined Jul 13, 2019

My sister never loved me TwT

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So this brings up an interesting question, why do we have aaaaangst, depressing as fuck and tragedy tags? It's a bit like having joyous, happy and felicitous tags. I mean aren't these all saying pretty much the exact same thing?

last edited at Sep 18, 2019 3:36PM

joined Mar 5, 2016

tragedy is a genre, and angst and depression are different. an angsty teenager isn't necessarily sad.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Why did i read this :(

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

First I read the comments and prepared myself. Now I regret reading it. It's nothing but pure sadness.

last edited at Mar 23, 2020 6:23PM

Screenshot_2021-10-17-05-27-52-38
joined Jan 19, 2021

:'(

55a20608b2e40f2ed7d556f190487535
joined Sep 23, 2020

Is it healthy that I cried in a corner after this..?

To reply you must either login or sign up.