Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

It wasn't because Shimamura is also a clothes store and Shima herself said it multiples times that everybody tell her thatso we assume that her name was from the store.

I was aware of that, but Hougetsu seems to be pretty rare as a given name, in fact, on Jisho, Meiji theater man Shimamura Hougetsu is the first result (and only full name result) when you search "Hougetsu". And with that feeling, I thought maybe the author was referencing something with the choice, though it could still be a coincidence.

I looked it up, and yeah, it seems to be a reference

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

To amend my previous post, I typoed on Yashiro's name. Yashiro is her first name, because she's a weirdo who apparently has to stick out no matter what she does.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Wait why are we spoiling their names now? Their names were going to be revealed this volume... I mean we've waited this long lol.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ Just because it was asked. It's not a huge spoiler or anything. I know some of the real spoilers, names aren't them. We've only just started volume 3, and we're at volume 8 and going right now, so plenty of other things to look forward to. :P

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't mean to be rude, but could you please cover the names that haven't been revealed yet with a spoiler tag? Just so others can decide if they want to avoid them or not. I get where you're coming from, but big or small, spoilers are spoilers, and it kinda sucks to run into them by accident.

Sure, that's fair. I did go back and spoiler tag my original post. However, unfortunately, it was quoted by another poster, so it's still visible unless that person or an admin steps in to edit it.

(Edit: Nezchan did the thing!)

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 4:18PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I really like this series, but I take days to read a single chapter. I'm still in page 35 of the latest chapter.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There's nothing wrong with that! Everyone reads at a different pace. As long as it's enjoyable, that's what matters.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

where could I find volume 2 in EPUB format?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

where could I find volume 2 in EPUB format?

Same download link that's been given here for all volumes - https://sneikkimies.github.io/

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks so much translator-san.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

There's something I've been thinking for some time. I relate more with Adachi than with Shinamura since Adachi is really shy and stuff and finds it hard to speak in public, but I also find it really hard to speak through a phone or voice chat even with my direct family. I'd rather talk through text. lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Re: Next chapter.

Only gonna say this one thing: That phrase does NOT mean what you think it means. Cuz I know exactly what y'all are gonna say about it the moment you lay eyes on it. lol...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That sure was a lot of text and even if i'ma fast reader, it took quite some time to go throught that. And despite all that, the part that confused me was the last page, why in the world would compare feet sizes ?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah, this chapter was twice as long as usual, apparently the next one will be about the same length too. Means that the next chapter will take twice as long to translate and release too so please bear with it.

The final part is kind of like a weird excerpt from a future event, so it doesn't really go with the rest of it.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

So, if this chapter was released here on Dynasty 1 month after the last, and the next one is around the same length, could we expect relatively the same wait? Also, thank you for the continuous amazing work in translating this series.

It really surprises me how long the story is, with 8 volumes, the spoiler I've seen in this thread happening on volume 6, and it feels like the story already progressed so far. I guess this is why this is my favorite novel.

joined Jan 25, 2017

So....anyone wanna try and unpack that thing with the feet?

I assume that's the phrase GreyMoon was talking about earlier, lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So....anyone wanna try and unpack that thing with the feet?

I assume that's the phrase GreyMoon was talking about earlier, lol

Actually, no. It was the sentence about Adachi wanting to reach in with her finger and scoop out Shimamura's "scum" lol.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Something I like about this series is how very, very teenage they are, especially Adachi. Like lots of yuri series (or really just anime in general) is all about teenagers acting the way teenagers want to think they act, like little mini-adults. Adachi and Shimamura are just kinda figuring everything out as they go along. And not just how they feel about each other, but just like, how to flirt, how to date, how to express themselves. And they regularly screw it up too and just act weird and awkward and self-conscious. It's very endearing.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Aaaaaaaaa cliffhanger ;--;

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Aaaaaaaaa cliffhanger ;--;

Always... >:D

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can i ask if the contest with the secret letters is relevant or not ?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Can i ask if the contest with the secret letters is relevant or not ?

I don't know, tbh. I wondered the same thing. Just gotta wait and see I guess.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, Adachi is still the most adorable ball of gayness. Back to denial to an extent, although most of the time her true feelings still come through.

Nagafuji... may just be more observant than one would assume, judging by that "Good luck"...

Actually, no. It was the sentence about Adachi wanting to reach in with her finger and scoop out Shimamura's "scum" lol.

Thought as much the moment I saw it. Truly, you can try take the mind out of the dirt, but you can't take the dirt out of the mind.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Things that were great this chapter:

Adachi nearly melting down out of embarrassment at asking Shima about valentine's.
Adachi nearly melting down out of joy at Shimamura calling her hair style cute
Adachi trying to give Shimamura a "you make me a better person!" speech like, right outside their classroom, and inevitably failing
Adachi getting so wound up in her little romantic fantasies with Shimamura that she can't even muster up her normal "it's not like I have a crush on her tho" narration.
The inevitable coming punchline of Adachi getting handcrafted chocolates from Shimamura and being like, "Oh god, anything but more chocolate"

Now please author, some dang Shimamura development already please

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 2:43PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Now please author, some dang Shimamura development already please

By the title of the next chapter, and where the 4-koma manga left on the most recent translated chapter, I am guessing next time we'll now about some of Shimamura's past. Wonder if it would mostly be that or if the day by day format will be repeated? I quite liked it, and I wanna read about Shima's slighy coloured 10 days.

the secret word was "dancouga"? I didn't botther to check back to be sure, may be it was just a reference to that anime or perhaps a different character will win whatever the prize for that.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 10:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.