Forum › A Girl Like A Pilgrim discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, even if you tell her you're the author i don't think she gonna believe right away. I love how the bookstore team look like they planning on world domination.

8tc1g5p728ou6b8fr5uq-yx0aodkzwwclm-riyo2awm
joined Sep 11, 2015

Praying hands had me thinking a religious and spiritual yuri had finally arrived, turns out to be gay otaku hero worship

B-d5g9xiuaigzmp-4812
joined Jun 2, 2017

This is just really creepy...

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

The beginning looked promising but then her shrine made a debut, what the actual fuck?

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

How can this be so serious and so stupid at the same time? It's not disgaea level, but shit.

Hey, Disgaea is really good OK?

Just like this manga, the perfect blend of stupidity and seriousness.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

what

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

just h*ld h*ands you lesbians

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's a fine start, even if a bit contrived. What were the odds of them living in the same building?

Clearly, sensei was kinda jealous at first of that "god" person. Then it turned out it was her.

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 4:43PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

I love how the bookstore team look like they planning on world domination.

I was confused as to whether this was a bookstore management meeting or a conclave of SEELE...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So a mega otaku moves to Tokyo to meet her favourite mangaka, only to unknowingly move in next door to her. Meanwhile a Bookstore run by decidedly evil looking blokes have a dastardly scheme to release books people like to make everyone happy?

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Shouldn't this have the Mangaka tag?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This was kind of everywhere, and the mangaka storyline is bit a cliche but the whole apocalyptic vibe really separates it from other stories in the genre, I hope they just go buck wild with it tbh

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 5:54PM

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

What MC has done to this author i have done to the yuri genre.
It has given me a stable source of emotional fulfillment for the last 2 years.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Felt a bit rough and unfocused in places, but overall it has potential, depending how the story progress. Though I have to say her just casually breaking the door, well, broke my suspension of disbelief a bit.

That being said... soooooooooo what's up with the Toyko falling apart? Is that a real thing or author just made that up for dramatic tension and foreshadowing?

joined Oct 15, 2014

That credit page LMAO

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Wtf am I reading? This is all over the place. I think the author mixed way too many things together.

Felt a bit rough and unfocused in places, but overall it has potential, depending how the story progress. Though I have to say her just casually breaking the door, well, broke my suspension of disbelief a bit.

That being said... soooooooooo what's up with the Toyko falling apart? Is that a real thing or author just made that up for dramatic tension and foreshadowing?

Yeah, between that, the obsession with God and the evil council of manga editors I feel like this could go sci-fi at any given moment.

Download
joined May 10, 2016

That sort of situation clearly only happen in Manga, and I think it's really creepy how she does adulate the Manga author at the point of calling her "god", it's not healthy, even if yes she "helped her" with the Manga, this is wayyy too extreme.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

GeneralJ posted:

In the beginning the train for Tokyo is completely empty save the protagonist. I think Tokyo falling apart will probably be a plot point.

Oh no. I meant if there's actual increase of earthquakes etc. irl Tokyo, but going by conversation of editors, I'd say it's just for the plot. Also riding a completely empty train is actually way too common in mangos, because drawing people takes time, so I'd not focus on it too much, unless it'll be acknowledge in story.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Wait, at the end they called Mao their god, or were they praying to the author for the courage to make up with Mao

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

In the beginning the train for Tokyo is completely empty save the protagonist. I think Tokyo falling apart will probably be a plot point.

Can you imagine?
Noble pilgrim unwittingly helps her god survive in an increasingly apocalyptic Tokyo by applying lessons she's learned from a post-apoc manga(obviously the god can't do it herself for reasons). Meanwhile their budding romance gives a mangaka the inspiration she needs to put pure hope into her story, which is then used by a cabal of editors to save Tokyo/the world.

That's is one of the most galaxy brain plots I've ever seen on this site. If even half of that happens it'll be so good, I'm completely sold lmao.

Or to go a level deeper: What if the editors are causing the deterioration of Tokyo in order to get Mao to find the love she needs to elevate her work? Does it pivot into a sentai/action series?

I really doubt that this series could fill the hole left in me by Assistant Denki Keika, but what if it does?

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

This is so creepy in so many levels in the most awesome ways possible. XD
(And less cringe)

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 8:07PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Firefly Fanatic posted:

Wait, at the end they called Mao their god, or were they praying to the author for the courage to make up with Mao

The latter. Yes, the irony. Also she considers author her god, so technically she calls Mao god.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Now THIS is an interesting premise. Excited to see what happens next!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

YIKES. Religions freak me out.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The heck... I dont like the whole "they are my god" thing lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.