Forum › SHY discussion

joined Jul 22, 2014

Now, now Stardust have to be harsh if SHY falters bad things would happen to her and those she's rescuing.
I feel Stardust gain some trauma because he might haven taken too long to rescue his friend, cutting off a finger is minor thing because Stardust and his friend is in public, that would have cause deaths when he tried something similar to SHY's method.
SHY is lucky they're in a room with just her and her fangirl waifu and that move to an isolated area is better than a crowded street or building.

last edited at Sep 14, 2019 8:58PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i'm already over stardust i don't care if he has a deep tragic backstory

on another note koishikawa being a sidekick for her cute hero gf is great i hope she doesn't die or anything

joined Apr 15, 2013

So, I gotta think Stardust is either evil or is gonna die soonish. Maybe both.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Stardust = David Bowie

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Stardust looks like that kind of hero who has his own theme song

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

stardust... reminds me of vergil. i think its the hair

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Stardust looks like that kind of hero who has his own theme song

Stardust looks like that kind of hero who sings their own theme song.

Screenshot_20200503-064317_samsung%20internet
joined Sep 15, 2019

Shy had a one-shot, i think (it wasnt translated) in like 2017 so its pretty cool to see that turn to this

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Hmmmm. Hero. Ok. Cool. Great.

When do we get the yuri?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

this. story. gets. better. each. time!!!

i kinda like how Teru, who really is all heart, is getting matched with Stardust, who from that last bit of dialogue has shut himself off from others and is doing this as a sense of duty?!?!? i wouldn't be surprised if one of Teru's challenges is to fight each of the other heroes starting with Stardust.

joined Apr 1, 2013

I so called it, Shy's friend (i really need to get use to their names)
is going to become into a New Super Hero~~ yaaay
I reckon Shy is gonna fail this battle between Stardust which will prompt her friend to go in and save her at the last second and they will work together to take him down? possibly.. Her closest connection now is with Shy so i know if she sees Shy fail or fall into defeat it might trigger some drama to happen. Now we understand the ring is intact we know it can amplify a persons body with supernatural powers they said it works similar to their wrist bands the same sort of energy so technically its a relic item which can be used to unlock a new hero or Increase more super power?

I dont know if Shy is going to throw that ring on for herself during her battle?
or if maybe her friend will find the ring or be given that ring which she ultimately makes a decision to transform into a new heroine I really cant wait to see her new best friend turn into a hero!! hey transformations are cool okay.. dont judge me! I think the foreshadowing was sort of obvious that Stardust isnt meant to be a 'like-able' character..
Its interesting to learn the superheroes backstories and a little bit about their own personalities, why they are Superheroes to begin with type thing.

I feel the Russian girl is putting on an facade or mask but secretly she knows the in's and out's i feel like shes been around the longest? given her close contact with the Unnie lord person. I am a tad curious to know her backstory too.
I feel like Stardust is labelled as the "a**hole" but i believe he's just some guy in his mind trying to admit hes doing what he thinks is right? like it seems to me he going by a certain chance of survival % for someone being saved. So example, if his friend lost control and was on the verge of death and he saw no other way of saving him, i feel that he would just simply put them out of their misery. hence the psycho part..
The difference with Shy though, shes been through traumatic experiences yes but i think its more of a fear response than anything. Even when fighting against something she has no chance of winning, she tends to overcome the odds given her type of nature. I dunno but mentally i feel Shy is very strong but as for her Powers in general i feel she is holding back most of the time because of the fear response issue she has when fighting or dealing with certain situations. Her greatest fear is losing / getting people killed whilst trying to save them. She doesn't want to suffer Loss. that's my philosophy.. anyways let me know what you guys think! :P

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 6:31AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Please don't let her become just one of the person she will save in the story. Like that one that seems important but the she saves her and we never see her again... I wish badly for yuri or at least for her to stay around so we can have subtext.

My read on this might be wrong, but since she knows Shy's identity at least for the moment, and Shy could absolutely use someone to help encourage her that isn't a powerful hero already... she's likely going to end up being the hero's confidant, that one friend who know who she really is and helps keep her head on straight.

I kinda hope that's the case, at least.

keep her head on straight, or... keep her head on gay

...they should totally date, officially, is what I'm saying

You know what, keeping her head on "gay" is much better and I can't believe I missed the opportunity to say it lol.

And yah, I certainly would be okay with that outcome.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Idk why everyone dislike Stardust and think he is or will turn evil. I think he's a good person, but simply pragmatic. And I bet the whole "if you lose, then you're no longer a hero" is just a lie to shake Shy and make this fight as serious as possible, to see how determinate she can get and draw out her true potential.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

For that question, isn't the point of being a hero in not giving up even if you lose?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LexXxich posted:

For that question, isn't the point of being a hero in not giving up even if you lose?

Good point.

joined Jan 26, 2019

If he is anything like the Fox Feature Syndicate superhero Stardust the Super Wizard, he would be very evil.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Gelert_Xross posted:

I think that the author is going to make us think that Stardust is evil, but have him turn out to be acting and pretending to be evil. Foreshadowed by these panels.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

this dude weird

joined Dec 5, 2018

somehow i ship spirits and Teru more than with Koishikawa, spirits is just too cute looking to me :V

joined Apr 1, 2013

small detail I noticed in the Thumbnail for this manga, where it shows all the heroes..
it shows Stardust is towards the end but the american hero, Spirits and Shy are more towards the front?
is that imply that the evil heroes are more towards the back (hidden from sight) and the good heroes are the ones more centred? just a minor detail i noticed in the image

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 6:18AM

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

"If you can hit me once, you win." Classic.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

So is She's power going to be some kind of regeneration/power up based on people's hopes in her? Like some kind of pro-wrestler.

The Yuri monster in me wants more Yuri though

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

m11 posted:

"If you can hit me once, you win." Classic.

Considering the kind of power he has, it makes sense.

So I was pretty much right. Stardust is a sociopath on the side of good, hence he is the best person to teach Teru how to fight without going easy on her. And it seems like Teru's power will be activated by people believing in her so perfect way to make Iko naturally become her gf sidekick. Then again, the "never gives up" as a strength is kinda overdone.

Hollows posted:

So is She's power going to be some kind of regeneration/power up based on people's hopes in her? Like some kind of pro-wrestler.

gets Bleach ptsd

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 11:24AM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

still getting vergil vubes

joined Mar 6, 2016

Gelert_Xross posted:

I think that the author is going to make us think that Stardust is evil, but have him turn out to be acting and pretending to be evil. Foreshadowed by these panels.

I also do believe that he is just for show too, hitting on the fact that he did cut his friend finger off in order to save them when he did that. We weren’t conform that his friend was dead or anything. But I feel like there’s more to that story then ‘us’ hearing from that stand point.

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 1:29PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.