Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I love this series and the author's style. It's very rare to see tall angular women with lipstick in manga nowadays, especially in yuri.

Honestly, so refreshing. I find that it really suits the timeline where it takes place as well, such a nice read.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Halp
The Drama
My Kokoro
Itai Desu q.q

Lmao don't worry, they have the power of god and yuri on their side, love shall prevail!

last edited at Aug 17, 2019 1:37PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Speaking of that, i'm surprised it's still not updated since next chapter is the last one.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Speaking of that, i'm surprised it's still not updated since next chapter is the last one.

FOR REAL??????

:(

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

FOR REAL??????

It's a happy ending tho since Yuki now work and live with Beniko and they even kiss

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, I’ve read better endings, and I’ve read less rushed endings.

But all in all I still find this one awfully charming.

EDIT: And by “better endings” I mean more smoothly executed ones. As far as the plot outcome goes, I love it—I want to take the ending home and give it hot cups of tea and dress it in cute PJs.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 12:07AM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Absolutely marvelous ending

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

It was not rushed the did not want his daughter to commit suicide so he did not force her into the marriage.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm just sad to sit it end

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I think it was right for it to end. I think the relationship has been fully explored and it was good to end it while it still had steam.

I think it may feel rushed because a lot of the critical elements of the final conflict were introduced relatively late: the authoress's angst, the dad, etc. Maybe if they were introduced earlier and stewed for a bit before the end it would have felt smoother?

Nevertheless, solid conclusion imo. I enjoy a peaceful epilogue.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

that was sweet and pretty satisfying imo

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Well, I’ve read better endings, and I’ve read less rushed endings.

But all in all I still find this one awfully charming.

I agree with these sentiments. This manga had a wonderful old-world charm to it, like a classic forbidden romance. An oft-repeated tale, but one that feels nostalgic instead of antiquated. It made somewhat rushed-feeling ending a lot more bearable.

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 11:42PM

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

SCREEEEEEE--

joined Nov 21, 2016

no shit the ending was rushed

joined Jan 8, 2014

Yay! Happy ending...crap how do i do spoiler bars? Lol, well i thought the last ch and epilogue were good, i feel like they edited it down to fit page count(or it was a touch rushed) but with the character development through the story, I've already filled in the how and where that takes us to epilogue ^_^

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I loved how the author went meta and had the two maids discuss whether a happy ending or a bad ending is better. I'm always for happy endings, I don't care if they're "trite" or rushed, as long as the characters I came to care for lives "happily ever after".

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Rushed as it was, I'm glad things ended the way they did. Good thing I'm an expert in suspension of disbelief

Screenshot_2018-03-31_05-38-16
joined Jun 19, 2017

I liked the ending. I interpret the conversation the girls in the bookstore were having about Beniko's happy endings straining suspension of disbelief as a metacommentary on the story itself. Beniko writes stories where her characters' love overcomes all obstacles and they get a happily-ever-after always. The lovers' suicide made her feel the same as the one bookstore girl feels (that romantic happy endings are unrealistic) and consequently she was unable to finish her book. But all that was just another obstacle for her and Yuki's love to overcome, and when they get back together Beniko finishes her book and returns to success. The same is true of Yuki's dad, who has an "unrealistic" change of heart and decides to let his daughter run off and be with Beniko because she is in love and that is what would make her happy. And the girls in the bookstore kind of relate all this to the reader of the manga in an indirect way with their debate about the endings (specifically the endings) of Beniko's books.

Of course we are talking about a character's take on a fictional work within their own fictional world, though, so in a way it is kind of like the story is talking directly to any readers who might identify with Yuki. They are the Yuki reading about Yuki reading about her Yuki. If the reader sees it as just an unrealistic ending, however, maybe the reader is more like the bookstore girl, and really also like the suicidal lovers whose love did not manage to overcome all obstacles.

Or maybe I'm dumb. Without the meta part, it does seem on the face of it like a bit of a rushed ending. But secretly I'd rather be a Yuki.

joined Jul 1, 2019

i am so happy for em ;-;

joined Mar 18, 2018

This was such a wounderful story~
There was just something about this one that you just don't get from many other. There were many times i tought i wouldn't get a happy ending but im glad i was proven wrong.
Truly one of a kind~

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

It kinda ended really fast. Father had a sudden change of heart and that's all? Ah, I don't even mind some more drama since I like this series and wanted it to go on eternally)))
Ah, it's still an amazing story. I wish the author best of lucks) and looking forward to other works :3

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's a shame the ending was so rushed, but the epilogue was so cute Cx

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

As suddenly as the evil dad appeared he changed his mind and all is well.

I see some people don't mind it, and some like it; I think it's crap. ^^ But overall it was an OK read.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I loved the ending, and I wouldn't say the ending was rushed, or father's change of heart was random. How I interpreted it was that he didn't believe that Beniko could support her daughter, or keep her safe. However based on the convesation he overheard in the bookstore I guess he realized that if he forced Yuki to marry someone she didn't want, she might kill herself, at which point it doesn't really matter who she's with.

Also I guess him reading one of Beniko's books was the final part. I imagine that convinced him that Beniko was good enough of an author to provide for Yuki, and thus have a stable life. So when you consider it from his perspective, seeing his daughter in obvious pain, knowing that she would never be happy in a forced marriage, and that the one she loved could provide her with a comfortable life, it's not that big of a stretch to see him accept it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.