Forum › Tadokoro-san discussion

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Uh, is this an alternative release..? A double..? Was the previous series removed..?

She,her%20camera%20and%20her%20reasons
joined Jun 11, 2015

I believe this is a proper book, as opposed to the web-comic version we already have

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, checked it. The previously existing "Tadokoro-san" series has been (for the purposes of this site) renamed "Tadokoro-san (web comic)".

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

Is this the another version of the previous tadokoro san ???
But the story is just the same with the previous though

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 6:20AM

joined Oct 14, 2016

So the author will stop updating the webcomic for awhile? And focus here in manga series?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

So we are having 10 page chapters to tell the same story from the 4 page ones probably killing the rather amazing current pace.

Worst deal ever.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's a serialisation not a web comic, of course it's more longer. This one is suposs to go in a physical release.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So we are having 10 page chapters to tell the same story from the 4 page ones probably killing the rather amazing current pace.

Worst deal ever.

If its the same story then the pacing wont change at all necissarily? Except in the sense of how many of its pages you can read in one go on initial release when you have to wait for more, we don't really know what the pacing will be like till we see more.

As for the current one, I saw some have complained it's too slow to develop anything and is just spinning it's wheels (I totally disagree) but pacing is very subjective.

The new one has new pannels, and new dialouge- so I'm happy to see a slightly different version which will add more detail.

Wait to see on the pacing. I doubt it will be massively different.

It just needs to be more than 4 pages and better drawn for the magazine version. I dunno if the mangaka will stop doing the web one to draw to the new version- I'd guess so? So it might annoy some people who wanted to see whats next, but I don't see how anyone can begrudge someone who's work they like, the good fortune of being picked up for serialization..

Who knows, if it does well in the magazine, we might get an anime :)

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 7:06AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

@Orestes

First:
Meh... I don't really have any qualms with reading it all again, and I've got to agree with elevown's post

Second:
You really missed your chance to use the "This was the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever" meme. F.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I don't know if the translation is off in this or the author rewrote parts of the text, but I prefer the webcomic. It just flows better.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^It's clearly a slightly different version- there are even new panels so it makes sense if the mangaka is redrawing it all, they are gonna make some changes- to both art and dialogue. Personally I proffer this new version of the start a tiny bit more.

I think your 'flows better' feel might just be because you are used to the web comic version- or because you like faster paced works. You CANT say it is better or worse because pacing is not objective (unless inconsistent or inappropriate).

I'd wait till you've seen half a dozen chapters to really get a feel of the pacing. For example the overall plot might move slower but if it had more content then the pacing might be the same. Or some things might even move faster in the published version - and other things slower. No way to know atm.

Personally I like slower paced works too so I don't mind either way.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 7:16AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So the author will stop updating the webcomic for awhile? And focus here in manga series?

No indication of that whatsoever.

joined Oct 14, 2016

Ahhh ok no problem with reading it both anyways

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ahhh ok no problem with reading it both anyways

Well no, serialisation feature generally more pages than the original source. So we have pages we didn't see before.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cool. Hopefully this gets published at some point.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

What the fuck?

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I don't know if the translation is off in this or the author rewrote parts of the text, but I prefer the webcomic. It just flows better.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hm, this seems oddly familiar. Reminds me of that one series. What's it called? Oh yeah, Tadokoro-san. Oh well, into the subscribed list it goes anyways.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cool. Hopefully this gets published at some point.

It already is- in a magazine- thats what this is. If you mean the tanks, it surely will as long as it doesn't get dropped right away.

P.s Who writes the series sumary- the uploader or dynasty staff? There's a typo- says feel in love instead of 'fell'.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 9:12AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

If it is going to be something like Yandere Kanojo with both web and published versions telling different events of the same story I'm all for it.

But this 10 page first chapter covered just the 4 page first chapter of the web version. Taking in mind it is released on an almost weekly basis I'm genuinely worried about the whole thing.

Congrats to the author, though.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 9:16AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This manga seems interesting, specially that Nikaudo girl, but I won't get my hopes up yet... Maybe is just all subtext .-.).
Well even if it is just subtext as long as there won't be more bullying I'm okay with this :D xD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Guys, guys, is it me or this Tadakoro and Nikaidou gals look like Tomoko and Asuka ripoffs?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Ooooo I'm excited for the serialization! This is good news!

joined Jul 26, 2019

I can't wait to see the rest of the chapters in more detail, some of the highlights of the web comic version are likely to be memorable and, for me, more dialogues, more images is just a bonus!
I love the 2 tadokoro more fun we won't complain about it!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Hopefully it being serialized means we'll eventually get some tanks that get picked up for an English release.

To reply you must either login or sign up.