Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh but it's not going to be done in 2 chapters this type of development

Give the path we are more on 20 chapters.

Well the story is called "My Unrequited Love". If the love becomes requited, that means it'll be the end soon.

You can still say that Kaoru's love for Reiichi is unrequited.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Oh but it's not going to be done in 2 chapters this type of development

Give the path we are more on 20 chapters.

Well the story is called "My Unrequited Love". If the love becomes requited, that means it'll be the end soon.

You can still say that Kaoru's love for Reiichi is unrequited.

Good eyesight and that of kuroe's friend towards her teacher.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Alternatively Kaoru finds out that Uta is suffering too much and intervenes. Ultimately she can't do anything for herself, but her protectiveness of Uta should count for something.

Another complete course reversal by having Kaoru become effectively proactive by like, doing something.

One can always hope.

Say about her waht you want, but she at least made an effort to protect Uta. She is trying to hodl the three of them together. If something bad were to happen to Uta, Kaoru would not hesitate to help. The only thing she can't do is help herself.

I agree, tbh I think Kaoru loves more the idea of the 3 of them staying together as a family than just her and Reii, hopefully she helps herself eventually and confronts Reii eventually, to see if he was cheating or not, she'd be a lot happier with that off her chest though I think she already had/felt problems with her relationship with him, feeling rather unhappy or lonely and whatnot, I want that to be addressed too if she confronts him, so that she can understand herself better and see what she truly wants in her life.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 25 summary:

Risako and Uta’s conversation... goes nowhere. Like many people have guessed, it’s confirmed here that Risako is Reiichi’s ex. Nothing about the cheating gets revealed, and their small talk is cut short by Uta, who says she needs to prepare for her move. Some unimportant farewell party takes place and then at the end, as Uta says goodbye to Kaoru. the latter subconsciously reaches out and holds Uta back, but Uta pulls herself out of Kaoru’s grasp and leaves.

If the cheating is real then it's way worse if it's with his ex. Can you precise me one thing. It's a goodbye or a farewell ? Because a simple goodbye mean she stillwant to see her whereas a farewell mean she stick to her words and don't want to see Kaoru anymore. Also with your summary, it's just (again) a empty chapter. Nothing happen beside Kaoru being on the verge to make a big mistake.

Lol, late reply, but...

It's a farewell.

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i am so fucking angry

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Best thing that could happen is probably that Uta moves on and falls in love with someone else.

Probably not going to happen.
Kaoru's hand was literally shaking when she held Uta. This is not normal if all you feel for someone is familial feelings...I think Kaoru has been into Uta for a while now, but it's like she has repressed it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Kaoru's hand was literally shaking when she held Uta. This is not normal if all you feel for someone is familial feelings...I think Kaoru has been into Uta for a while now, but it's like she has repressed it.

Do you even have a family? If your dear and closest sister was sent to a place where you know she will suffer, why would you not react that way?

joined Feb 18, 2018

Do you even have a family? If your dear and closest sister was sent to a place where you know she will suffer, why would you not react that way?

This is a romance manga called "My Unrequited Love". Do you seriously think the author wants us to interpret Kaoru's hand shaking is because of her 100% platonic sisterly feelings for Uta? >_>

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 11:53AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This is a romance manga called "My Unrequited Love". Do you seriously think the author wants us to interpret Kaoru's hand shaking is because of her 100% platonic sisterly feelings for Uta? >_>

I didn't say that. Your argument was just flawed. Now you said what you actually meant. It's still no real evidence, but I won't say it's impossible.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 11:55AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

I didn't say that. Your argument was just flawed. Now you said what you actually meant. It's still no real evidence, but I won't say it's impossible.

The argument is valid because in the context of a romance manga, girls don't have their hands shaking because of overwhelming concern for their sister.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The argument is valid because in the context of a romance manga, girls don't have their hands shaking because of overwhelming concern for their sister.

According to who? You? Pff.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Anyone can tell me how to put the spoil tags please

Put two = in front and behind the text you want blacked out.
Just a little tip, if you wonder how someone does something weird, quote their post. You can usually see what they used to do it in there.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's also a formatting guide pinned at the top so you too can learn to use all the chad effects

joined Jul 26, 2019

Thanks !
I think kaoru's reaction is in line with her particular relationship with uta. we can see that she had one last hope that uta as she always did would turn back and come back close to her. no chance uta is decided and kaoru finally realizes the break.
Which leads me to say that kaoru rejected uta but that in the end uta rejects kaoru in the relationship that she loved. It is clear that the emotional shock will be much greater for kaoru than for uta.

Normal uta although rejected needed this to make a new start and she now looks to the future as kaoru sees her world, her family collapsing with no happy prospect for the future with reii.

Finally, to come back to the "goodbye" in Japan, we avoid saying this in a normal or daily way, goodbye in Japan is an important term or we cut personal ties when we say it.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 2:55PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In what I read here, there's no hint that Kaoru has romantic feelings for Uta. She's obviously scared her family is falling apart., as it seems she has none of her own left.

joined Jul 26, 2019

In what I read here, there's no hint that Kaoru has romantic feelings for Uta. She's obviously scared her family is falling apart., as it seems she has none of her own left.

For the moment kaoru has no romantic feelings towards uta, she was perfectly satisfied with the situation. Reii as an imperfect husband but compensated by the presence of uta... She says it even at a moment that sometimes she wants to be with her than with her husband....
Now kaoru had never imagined this scenario and especially not that her emotional ties with uta would be broken so quickly and easily, you add the insecurity she has had since the accident with reii and we find a completely rushed woman, who moreover absolutely does not support solitude.
Now if the story goes on well she will learn the reii cheating and maybe find herself completely isolated, and with all that going on she will have no one left and that's where the links removed with uta can be restored.
Besides, I don't see kaoru managing on his own.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I see a thread and I want it painted black...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I see a thread and I want it painted black...

Why did I sing this line as if it's from Paint in Black?

joined Apr 20, 2013

I really don't see why Kaoru and Uta should be together as a couple. From what I've read, I can't support them anymore. As someone said here, the best thing that could happen is Uta falling in love for someone else.

Kaoru is a dependent person, just someone that doesn't like to be alone (okay, she likes Uta, but clearly not in that way) -- And Jesus! She was just a 'consolation-waifu-prize' for Reii to begin with, who never loved her. Also, since the sister confession, I don't see her interested in have Uta in a romantic way. It's really more like a family thing.

What I trully want to see from now is Kaoru get her life together and restart it by herself.

Bonus: I want more chapters of Miyabi and Kuro. They're AMAZING! <3

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 5:09PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What I trully want to see from now is Kaoru get her life together and restart it by herself.

Spoiler : With Uta. Kaoru will have nobody to help her after that and i'm still certain Uta bear some feelings for Kaoru despite what she have say. She has this attitude because she assume Kaoru will be fine with Reiichi but with the cheating,Kaoru has nobody and i'm confident in Uta coming back

joined Jul 26, 2019

All the lights are in the red for kaoru and it's not going to get any better, without outside help she won't be able to do it. Reii already knew that uta was vital for kaoru especially when he was away..... now he'll have to make a decision, keep cheating with riseko or have pity for kaoru...The problem is that in the past he had broken up with kaoru several times and I'm not sure he loves his life as a couple with kaoru who really behaves like a lovely but very old woman....riseko who also learned that uta was leaving might not want to wait any longer... kaoru will make a huge state of the place, for she has failed everything and she will want to change some things.
Her smell not good for kaoru and uta doesn't know yet about her brother's cheating, and if she finds out and knows what kaoru will endure I'm sure she won't be able to stop herself from going back to live with her and the.....

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Omg was that a dig at Trump? This is now my favorite manga.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I have the precise opposite interpretation, that in this context, the romance is doomed and the concern is, indeed, platonic.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Damn looks like I am the only UtaxKaoru shipper remaining here. Sad times.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thing is... there are multiple unrequited loves in this story. Uta's is maybe not the doomed one.

Kaoru's love for Reiichi has been unrequited for a while I think.

Reiichi is (maybe) in love with Risako, but I somehow doubt she would abandon her career for him if it came to that.

Kuro x Miyabi is looking up in the latest chapters though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.