Forum › Kase-san discussion

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

YES! all Hail to the YURI GODDESS.
I hope the real her will be save as well to ease our suffering.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If I'm reading the announcement right, is Hirari planning to move a lot of their publishing to a digital format the way a lot of comics in the west are headed? It would be interesting if we saw a rise in online yuri in Japan since it skirts the publishing costs of a regular magazine.

prettyneighbour
__irizaki_mei_and_tateishi_shima_high_school_fleet_drawn_by_tsuyuki_yukitgraph__20146f3ad1ae9743a6b68c04e04af16f%20small
joined Jun 28, 2014

I'm so happy Kase-san will continue! This is my favourite yuri manga currently running. I was just as shocked as Yamada in this chapter, lol!

joined Aug 19, 2012

why are all these publications failing? is it for financial reasons?

what other reasons are there.

joined Mar 23, 2013

On the question--guy here. I have no idea why yuri isn't more popular with men (well, I guess they're afraid of "feelings" and like that, whatever). But I mean, straight guys and lesbian girls have this fundamental thing in common: We both like girls. Right? So it stands to reason that romance between girls is better than some shounen romance with some drip of a male lead getting in the way. How do more guys not see this simple obvious point?
Lovely chapter. I knew from the beginning this would be great--Takashima Hiromi's previous manga wasn't yuri, but it was so cute and sweet that it was obvious she'd be a great fit for yuri manga.

Sup PLG!
I guess it's just a matter of lack of exposure? People who know me, know that I read every demographic and genre possible, I like to think my taste is varied. But Yuri has a special place for me in the romance genre. Why?

Let's take shounen/seinen romance tropes
- Bland self-insert MC
- Ecchi Galore ( Ironically not much consensual sexy time until the very end, possibly not even showing it and just an End with 2 kids and the couple living happily ever after )
- Possibly unending harem romance
- Long series are long
- Romance might be a side thing to Slice of life or supernatural content

Shoujo Tropes :
- Dumb as brick female lead
- MISUNDERSTANDINGS ( WHOS THAT CALLING YOU !!!!!?! )
- Love triangles that drag on
- The ride never ends!

Now what I like a lot about Yuri is that
- Short and to the point ( most content is a oneshot to 3 volumes max )
- Almost always stricly about the romance, no supernatural stuff monster fighting, no school politics.
- Physical interaction is possible depending on the series

Basically Yuri can contain the fluff, the innocence, the smutty, all condensed in way less pages than usually printed het romance ( there are exceptions of course ).

TL;DR It's all about the romance ( and boobs )! What's not to like?

I have another question that's off-topic for the lesbians here. I've been thinking about this for awhile but there's no real forums I'm a part of to ask. But do you think you go faster in your relationships (like having sex faster) than a traditional straight relationship would? Since when I had my boyfriend we started dating when we were 16 and I told him to wait to have sex with me till I was 21 (he couldn't wait we broke up at 18). And when I started dating my girlfriend we got frisky a lot faster like within the first 6 months.

It's not uncommon for younger girls to avoid sex until what they consider "the right time". The only "weird" thing is that you put an arbitrary timeline ( age ) on that one instead of basing it on feelings.

Hard to gauge, statistically gay men are more promiscuous ( one gay is horny enough, now add another one! ). I am unsure about lesbians.
There's a lot of factors you have to include. Stuff like self-image, education ( religion as well ), availability, personality... The list is long.

I know it's different for every relationship and I might just be a prude. But I felt like giving to my boyfriend would make me a slut or something like listening to societies pressure but with my girlfriend I didn't worry about that at all.

That's a pretty weird thought process, my best guess is that you didn't really him? There's also the chance that as you've aged, you were more secure in your body, feelings. sexuality and didn't make a big deal out of it.

A question, do you actively tell people you're in a relationship with the girl? If you're not the stereotypical lesbian couple people might assume you're just friends and no one is going to think about it too much, zero societal pressure right there.

And I see that in yuri (well can yuri relate to real life?) that they get to bed pretty fast compared to all the wooing in het romance. So are your inhibitions less than what you would expect of a straight relationship?

Yuri has to be fast because there isn't a demand for long series, most of them are short. That's really all there is to it.

last edited at Jul 30, 2014 5:36PM

pepperminttan
joined Mar 6, 2014

OMG I JUST SKIPPED AHEAD (not that it matters). Do any of you think that there'll be a sex scene?? While talking to my gf about it she said no way that it's too pure. But the way things are moving along????? Like we saw kasesan boobies!!! omg I couldn't even think about seeing yamada fondling her boobies but idk anymore! I want to believe there will be a sex scene cause I'm a dirty perv but idk?? what do you guys think?

Can it be like Morishima Akiko who I would think would only make pure girl stuff no sex scenes but she has a lot of sex scenes! But I don't think Takashima Hiromi has had any sex scenes in her other mangas?

That's a pretty weird thought process, my best guess is that you didn't really him? There's also the chance that as you've aged, you were more secure in your body, feelings. sexuality and didn't make a big deal out of it.

Yeah that's true I didn't know anything about my sexuality and my gf taught me everything; I must just be an odd one out there.

A question, do you actively tell people you're in a relationship with the girl? If you're not the stereotypical lesbian couple people might assume you're just friends and no one is going to think about it too much, zero societal pressure right there.

Yeah, my mom was shocked that I'm gay she kept saying my sister's more masculine than me and I'm prettier (that's not a compliment lol). My girlfriend is femme but a bit more masculine where when my family saw her they assumed she was a gay. Well I don't think when I was a teenager people were pressuring me to have sex more like pressuring me to stay pure. Like when my bf broke up with me (cause I didn't want to do anything sexually) my mom was like thank heavens you're still a virgin. It's kind of weird seeing how most people on here aren't affected by society.

Yuri has to be fast because there isn't a demand for long series, most of them are short. That's really all there is to it.

Ahh that could be true, Sisterism didn't have sex scenes though? and neither did Girlfriends right off the bat? But that could be it. I remember being a tween and not wanting to read sex scenes while reading books but now I'm an adult it seems implausible without them.

last edited at Jul 30, 2014 6:19PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

OMG I JUST SKIPPED AHEAD (not that it matters). Do any of you think that there'll be a sex scene?? While talking to my gf about it she said no way that it's too pure. But the way things are moving along????? Like we saw kasesan boobies!!! omg I couldn't even think about seeing yamada fondling her boobies but idk anymore! I want to believe there will be a sex scene cause I'm a dirty perv but idk?? what do you guys think?

Can it be like Morishima Akiko who I would think would only make pure girl stuff no sex scenes but she has a lot of sex scenes! But I don't think Takashima Hiromi has had any sex scenes in her other mangas?

Well the last chapter was such a cliffhanger, things could go either way. Yamada is still pretty shy and isn't the most secure of person. We'll have to see I guess?

Also, you're not a "dirty perv" wanting to see two people who love each other engage in an loving embrace ( and all that it entails ) is not something to feel wrong about. Damn you Judeo-christian morals! Making people feel guilty about sweet vanilla.

last edited at Jul 30, 2014 6:06PM

pepperminttan
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well the last chapter was such a cliffhanger, things could go either way. Yamada is still pretty shy and isn't the most secure of person. We'll have to see I guess?

Also, you're not a "dirty perv" wanting to see two people who love each other engage in an loving embrace ( and all that it entails ) is not something to feel wrong about. Damn you Judeo-christian morals! Making people feel guilty about sweet vanilla.

Haha yeah I'm still so conflicted about it personally (though people might dislike tumblr it really opened my eyes to woman shaming and I'm glad I don't judge people like I used too). sweet vanilla lol dang it might be so awkward but I would love to see that sex scene. Hopefully Yamada is in love with her and not just Kases charm (just wanted like 2 eps of lipservice). Has there been any yuri where a straight girl can't go all the way? That would be so horrible I thought I read all the yuri out there but I can't think of any like that. I wish we had a main discussion board I have so much to talk about about lesbian/yuri stuff but there's no forumns anywhere where I can. I wish I had friends ;___;

joined Mar 23, 2013

Haha yeah I'm still so conflicted about it personally (though people might dislike tumblr it really opened my eyes to woman shaming and I'm glad I don't judge people like I used too). sweet vanilla lol dang it might be so awkward but I would love to see that sex scene. Hopefully Yamada is in love with her and not just Kases charm (just wanted like 2 eps of lipservice). Has there been any yuri where a straight girl can't go all the way? That would be so horrible I thought I read all the yuri out there but I can't think of any like that. I wish we had a main discussion board I have so much to talk about about lesbian/yuri stuff but there's no forumns anywhere where I can. I wish I had friends ;___;

Well that end was dark! Well /u/ on 4chan is the Yuri board, it's fairly slow though. Other than that, maybe someone could ask Dynasty Scans' admin/mod/*insert whatever title* if it would be alright to create something like "Official Yuri General Thread" and possibly an official Off-topic thread?

joined May 2, 2014

Oh god I need more of this ....

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

"My poor little gift..."
Broke my heart.

joined Mar 6, 2014

Well that end was dark! Well /u/ on 4chan is the Yuri board, it's fairly slow though. Other than that, maybe someone could ask Dynasty Scans' admin/mod/*insert whatever title* if it would be alright to create something like "Official Yuri General Thread" and possibly an official Off-topic thread?

Ohh that would be so nice maybe in a couple years ill get the courage to ask LOL

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Chapters 10~12 are amazing ;) gets...better!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

from /u/:

Quote: Did anyone go to Comiket? Apparently Takashima Hiromi had a 4-koma Kase-san booklet called 「夏と加瀬さん。」 (Kase-san and summer). It'll be available through COMIC ZIN at some point but I can't see it there yet.

Quote: It is fairly sparse, four 4koma that I think are reprints of tokuten or from twitter.

The afterword is kind of interesting. She seems to be trying to ensure that kase-san continues, though still no indication as to how. Says that how soon v3 is released depends on her and that she still hasn't covered the cultural festival, which she did plan to do, etc. I am ng at translating so I transcribed it to make it easier for y'all to read yourselves. Used my phone though, so there are probably mistakes (have a picture just in case).

残暑おみまい申し上げます

…というわけで。すごく昔の4コマのっけてみました。なつかしい!!しぬ!加瀬さんシリーズ2冊目のコミックスが先月出て、とてもうれしかったのでうかれています。3冊目を早めに発行できるようがんばります~。(なにしろ連載が4ヵ月に1度の刊行だったので…それよりは…早く出るかなーと)…私しだい!!!とりあえず、よろしくお願いしま…す。文化祭もまだ描けていません。←かくつもり。ではでは、みなさま残りの夏もすこやかにおすごしください!なにしろちょう暑いので。(高嶋ひろみ)
http://i.4cdn.org/u/1408264276680.jpg

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So um... re-reading this for like the 4th time and I like to read stuff in order (or at least release order), where does extra "Chocolate and Kase-san" go in the timeline?
(if it's not just a separate extra)

last edited at Aug 20, 2014 4:30AM

iminkalifornia
Shizuku%20%232
joined Oct 9, 2013

Kase must have borrowed Wonder Woman's support bra to become the ace of the track and field team stacked like that. Wow. Yamada, just give up.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

So um... re-reading this for like the 4th time and I like to read stuff in order (or at least release order), where does extra "Chocolate and Kase-san" go in the timeline?
(if it's not just a separate extra)

Between chapters 4 & 5? At the beginning, her note for Kase's choco was "thanks for helping me out with the marathon" then mentions by the end of the chapter that Yamada's giving Kase homemade choco because they're friends (and they're relationship as g/g starts in ch 7).

last edited at Sep 1, 2014 6:42AM

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Does anyone knows yamada's given name?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Does anyone knows yamada's given name?

I'll just assume her parents forgot to name her
That can happen

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

''Greenified this school will be'' - Yamada in chapter 6.

Yeaaah, Cannabis is business. :D

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

where is chapter 10! ive already seen some raws .

I will take a leak and do unspeakable things if not

last edited at Sep 14, 2014 2:40AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Have a little patience there's still a lot of yuri in the world check those out while we all wait.

joined Aug 19, 2012

so is the real her saved? or is it rip?

joined Apr 14, 2013

Kase must have borrowed Wonder Woman's support bra to become the ace of the track and field team stacked like that. Wow. Yamada, just give up.

OMG xD

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The cuteness is too damn high! lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.