Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I still remember some people here saying Jun should mind his own business and is annoying for daring to warn Asuka lol
As if this was not the predictable outcome.

Did Asuka gt murdered while I wasn't looking or something?

After a couple of re-reads, I’m willing to give Jun-kun credit for not being a particularly toxic example of the “male childhood friend looking out for the yuri protagonist,” but although he seems like a nice enough guy and not especially possessive, I still find the trope to be basically annoying and generally intrusive—I prefer to see “nice guys” bringing more to the table in yuri than Jun has so far.

It’s clear that Miyuki-senpai is a player (one flashback I missed in my count was senpai’s memory of Jun catching her with some girl in a classroom, thus explaining his antipathy towards her in relation to Asuka) and we also know that Asuka is pissed off about whatever happened in their (apparently brief) relationship. (We’re not clear if Jun is warning Asuka off because senpai is a lesbian, or because she’s an unreliable lesbian, however.)

But at least on the information we have to go by at the moment, the depiction of senpai as some sort of predatory child-abuser is not supported by the present evidence. Miyuki is what, two years older than Asuka? And Asuka has known her longer than she’s been friends with Jun and his family—she was shy Asuka’s first peer-mentor/protector.

My guess at this point is that, rather than being someone who has so traumatized Asuka sexually that she’s reverting to the safety of a relationship with her own mother, senpai’s main function is to have clued Asuka into her sexual preference (along with some tongue-kissing practice) and to clarify that Asuka’s interest in Ayako isn’t just displaced first-timer sexual experimentation.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

But at least on the information we have to go by at the moment, the depiction of senpai as some sort of predatory child-abuser is not supported by the present evidence. Miyuki is what, two years older than Asuka? And Asuka has known her longer than she’s been friends with Jun and his family—she was shy Asuka’s first peer-mentor/protector.

Not sure who went on about child abuse (considering they are close in age), but she still sexually harrassed her at the very least. I would say kissing gets brushed off far too easily sometimes.

And you don't develope hate or strong dislike like that for nothing.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 3:05PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not sure who went on about child abuse (considering they are close in age), but she still sexually harrassed her at the very least. I would say kissing gets brushed off far too easily sometimes.

Without getting into a quagmire about when an unexpected kiss counts as “sexual harassment,” it’s clear that Asuka now sees Miyuki as a “liar” and an untrustworthy person, and for Asuka, who seems to have, at most, one real friend at a time, that’s a strong judgment.

But what actually happened with them besides kissing and some clothes in disarray remains to be seen.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You didn't realize that incest is the death of the soul? Asuka died the day she masturbated to her mom. We have been following her living corpse and saw it get sexually assaulted by a senpai and then struggling to seduce her mom the entire time.

oof, rip

My guess at this point is that, rather than being someone who has so traumatized Asuka sexually that she’s reverting to the safety of a relationship with her own mother

Was this actually a thing people thought oO

but she still sexually harrassed her at the very least. I would say kissing gets brushed off far too easily sometimes.

It feels kind of complicated to judge whether I blame the author or the character in situations like this tbh. I'm pretty sure Asuka did like Miyuki back then so it could as easily be the author thinking "well Miyuki could tell, so it's okay" as Miyuki harassing her in universe. So I dunno how much I really condemn Miyuki for it.

It was most likely for cheating wasn't it? Rather than anything Miyuki did directly to Asuka.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It was most likely for cheating wasn't it? Rather than anything Miyuki did directly to Asuka.

Considering her main insult was "liar" I'd say that's the most likely scenario. But some sort of seduction or sexual treatment under the pretense of "love" despite the clear intent just to play around and then moving to the next target is no better than emotional abuse to me.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Was this actually a thing people thought oO

If you go back some pages you will find someone theorizing that Ayako may have sexually abuse Asuka under the effectsof drugs taken from the pharmacy and that's why Asuka love her mommy.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Considering her main insult was "liar" I'd say that's the most likely scenario. But some sort of seduction or sexual treatment under the pretense of "love" despite the clear intent just to play around and then moving to the next target is no better than emotional abuse to me.

It's not just the main insult being a liar, it's a hickey being the mark of one that set my mind on it. But if you want to call that emotional abuse, sure that works, I just thought you were implying something Miyuki had done physically.

If you go back some pages you will find someone theorizing that Ayako may have sexually abuse Asuka under the effectsof drugs taken from the pharmacy and that's why Asuka love her mommy.

People are wild.

According to new research, global warming can turn animals into lesbians, looks like there is hoep after all.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

? Maybe I'm too tired and misunderstand something, but Asuka basically grew up with Jun's family. She's just "temporarily" on a forced break "to develop independence" from them in the current-flashback-timeline as Rui pushed her away a bit.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Huhn... I guess we'll be treated now to the whole story of Asuka's torrid affair with sempai... and right now we're being shown the first steps, which means there's still all of the relationship development and eventual collapse coming up.

It'll be some time before we get to enjoy more Asuka x Ayako goodness.

Also, @Blastaar:

I count 26 “installments” of this series (chapters, chapters +, extras, omake, etc).

I also count 47 flashbacks or other deviations from the narrative present as established in Chapter 1. (These are defined as “visual representations of events of the past.”)

11 installments open in a flashback; only 5 (including the Cat Day extra) take place entirely in the narrative present.

That was a fantastic job you did. Color me impressed. Kudos to you!

senpai groomed her into a lil perv

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

? Maybe I'm too tired and misunderstand something, but Asuka basically grew up with Jun's family. She's just "temporarily" on a forced break "to develop independence" from them in the current-flashback-timeline as Rui pushed her away a bit.

The point being that Miyuki is not just some random cute girl on the make—she’s an old and trusted friend.

joined Apr 23, 2019

Tell mom what happened (curious to see reaction of Ayako if she finds out about kiss)

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 10:02PM

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

that ain't cash money brah

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Something feels so off...

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

Not gonna lie, the lack of incest in the recent chapters is quite disappointing.

1a93395d3b5ad7ceb89937b0b2e0d18b
joined Mar 26, 2018

WOOOAH that sudden kiss >///<

joined Jul 26, 2016

WOOOAH that sudden kiss >///<

Well if nothing else the Prez has clearly understood something important about making moves on someone as chronically oblivious as Asuka that Jun-kun (big_F.jpg) should have taken a note of long ago - beating around the bush gets you exactly nowhere ('cept maybe marooned in the Friend Zone), a frontal assault is how you get the message across.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

a frontal assault can also award you with a slap to the face

joined Jul 26, 2016

a frontal assault can also award you with a slap to the face

Them's the breaks.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Seems like some roleplaying with that girl might scratch her Mommy itch.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1149665599800217602, from what i get on Mangadex it translate into "We updated parent and child latest 13-4 episodes! We plan to update twice a month from this month, thank you ~ !!"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oh no, why did you hafta do that?
Now you have put in my head the image of Asuka making Miyuk roleplay (forcing Miyuki to wear a blonde wig and calling her "mom") while they have sex.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh no, why did you hafta do that?
Now you have put in my head the image of Asuka making Miyuk roleplay (forcing Miyuki to wear a blonde wig and calling her "mom") while they have sex.

Somehow I imagined it the other way around—Miyuki quickly glomming onto Asuka’s mothercon, and amping it up in the sack.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Now you have put in my head the image of Asuka making Miyuki roleplay (forcing Miyuki to wear a blonde wig and calling her "mom") while they have sex.

Somehow I imagined it the other way around—Miyuki quickly glomming onto Asuka’s mothercon, and amping it up in the sack.

Oh, you... your conversation and speculations made me think of this:

Interracial, intercultural couples sure face some fascinating situations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.