joined Mar 16, 2018

These flashbacks are giving me whiplash
Here's a song in the meantime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjd8U3RbzI

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You have no idea.

I count 26 “installments” of this series (chapters, chapters +, extras, omake, etc).

I also count 47 flashbacks or other deviations from the narrative present as established in Chapter 1. (These are defined as “visual representations of events of the past.”)

11 installments open in a flashback; only 5 (including the Cat Day extra) take place entirely in the narrative present.

Now, a number of these time deviations are very brief—sometimes not even a full panel, as when Ayako remembers little Asuka having a fever or whatever.

But many of them are extended and quite complex. For example:

Chapter 10. This is the continuation of the conversation between Asuka and Jun-kun on the park bench.
* opens with a Jun POV flashback remembering little Asuka.
* returns to the present
* there’s an Asuka POV memory of Miyuki-senpai doing lesbian things
* an Ayako POV memory of Jun, Rui, and Asuka as children

Chapter 10.1+a
* opens as a Jun POV flashback remembering when he asked Asuka about her father
* flashes back within the flashback to recall overhearing his parents talk about Ayako and her family situation
* within that he flashes back to a scene of himself being a little reliable boy
* returns to the scene of Jun asking Asuka about her father

Everything from Chapter 11 onwards has been the lead-up to the wedding, the wedding itself, and the conversation with Miyuki-senpai in the narrative present, with the rest being flashbacks going back and forth between the first and second year of Asuka’s middle school, including the masturbation scene and the cram school, as well as Asuka’s memories of senpai from elementary school.

So yeah, whiplash, or something . . .

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 9:25PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm amazed you manage too remember all of that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm amazed you manage too remember all of that.

Actually, I did it because I was as confused as anybody. So I re-read it and wrote them down.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I feel like having too many flashbacks tend to cause the story to stagnate, instead of propelling the plot

What was that? Was this senpai seducing different girls for fun or was she actually looking for mutual love with Asuka? But damn how dare she steal that kiss which was supposed to be her mom's!

joined Jun 25, 2017

Omg! I need more of this manga. Like one update every week!!! Need to know how ayako is going to react to asuka and this girl. Jealous?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Once this manga is completed, I’m hoping someone makes a chronological list of all the chapters and bonus chapters, because I’m losing track of things too.

You have no idea.

I count 26 “installments” of this series (chapters, chapters +, extras, omake, etc).

I also count 47 flashbacks or other deviations from the narrative present as established in Chapter 1. (These are defined as “visual representations of events of the past.”)

11 installments open in a flashback; only 5 (including the Cat Day extra) take place entirely in the narrative present.

Now, a number of these time deviations are very brief—sometimes not even a full panel, as when Ayako remembers little Asuka having a fever or whatever.

But many of them are extended and quite complex. For example:

Chapter 10. This is the continuation of the conversation between Asuka and Jun-kun on the park bench.
* opens with a Jun POV flashback remembering little Asuka.
* returns to the present
* there’s an Asuka POV memory of Miyuki-senpai doing lesbian things
* an Ayako POV memory of Jun, Rui, and Asuka as children

Chapter 10.1+a
* flashes back within the flashback to recall overhearing his parents talk about Ayako and her family situation

Everything from Chapter 11 onwards has been the lead-up to the wedding, the wedding itself, and the conversation with Miyuki-senpai in the narrative present, with the rest being flashbacks going back and forth between the first and second year of Asuka’s middle school, including the masturbation scene and the cram school, as well as Asuka’s memories of senpai from elementary school.

So yeah, whiplash, or something . . .

u should proly burn that note just in case

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

Oh okay. So Asuka basically fell prey to a predatory lesbian senpai...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I still remember some people here saying Jun should mind his own business and is annoying for daring to warn Asuka lol
As if this was not the predictable outcome.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Actually, I did it because I was as confused as anybody. So I re-read it and wrote them down.

I adore and thank you so much for your investment and effort ^^

Chapter 10.1+a

Flashbackception confirmed.

I think, the author really wants to get something across (as one should assume) but got entangled in her non-linear story-telling a bit too much.
I don't mind the requirement of attentiveness to understand a good story, but unless "memory" or "perception based on [unreliable] memory" doesn't soon become a distinctive theme / cause for the events, this flashback-heavy style does more harm than good.
Flashbacks can be a very good narrative tool and can be quite useful for character development, but... well, again, unless something really deep and unexpected happens (or happened), it just makes it unneccessarily confusing, considering the actual plot delievered thus far...

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

so do you think it's gonna be a case of ayako suddenly getting jealous and somehow realizing she also has the hots for her daughter

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

so do you think it's gonna be a case of ayako suddenly getting jealous and somehow realizing she also has the hots for her daughter

This is a flashback, so no.
And if you mean in the present, sure, that's kinda the idea ever since she found out Asuka has experience that she shouldn't have. But at the same time Ayako already knows she has the hots for her daughter at that point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I adore and thank you so much for your investment and effort ^^

Chapter 10.1+a

Flashbackception confirmed.

I think, the author really wants to get something across (as one should assume) but got entangled in her non-linear story-telling a bit too much.
I don't mind the requirement of attentiveness to understand a good story, but unless "memory" or "perception based on [unreliable] memory" doesn't soon become a distinctive theme / cause for the events, this flashback-heavy style does more harm than good.
Flashbacks can be a very good narrative tool and can be quite useful for character development, but... well, again, unless something really deep and unexpected happens (or happened), it just makes it unneccessarily confusing, considering the actual plot delievered thus far...

Personally, I don’t have much problem following the flashbacks themselves; it’s the oddly erratic structuring of the “installments” that throws me off a bit. For instance, Jun’s chapter of memory is a lot more complicated to describe than it is to actually read it.

But so many chapters/parts start off in the non-narrative-present that each time I find it a little difficult to re-orient myself to the story.

Reading the whole series straight through it’s not that confusing.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 5:42AM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

But so many chapters/parts start off in the non-narrative-present that each time I find it a little difficult to re-orient myself to the story.

That may as well be the crux of it.
The whole thing may benefit from a one-sitting-reading, contrary to individual-chapter-release-readings.

Still, the various flashbacks from various POV (not to mention various character and conflict introductions, quite some of which still have to lead somewhere yet) and flashbacks within flashbacks make it feel somewhat incoherent and unstructured - which again, compared to the actual and rather straight-forward story-content, overcomplicates the narration. (again, unless that's some artsy style that eventually pays off; but so far the flashbacks have not resulted in any major twists and the most 'twisty' things, like the pres - for lack of a better term - taking advantage of Asuka, have been foreshadowed in other layers, heavily so ... and I kinda forgot what I wanted to say... ah, yes: I didn't mean it's confusing for its plot, but - as you said - for these "wait, when are we now?" moments...)

Either way, it's still interesting and enjoyable as is and I got it on my "gotta re-read the whole thing" list.

Edit: Sorry, am currently a bit dizzy due to sickness, so if I got repetetive or didn't make any sense at all, that may be why... Am gonna shut up now @_@

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 6:03AM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

The president is bad. We need moar mom time. Moar.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That may as well be the crux of it.
The whole thing may benefit from a one-sitting-reading, contrary to individual-chapter-release-readings.

Still, the various flashbacks from various POV (not to mention various character and conflict introductions, quite some of which still have to lead somewhere yet) and flashbacks within flashbacks make it feel somewhat incoherent and unstructured - which again, compared to the actual and rather straight-forward story-content, overcomplicates the narration. (again, unless that's some artsy style that eventually pays off; but so far the flashbacks have not resulted in any major twists and the most 'twisty' things, like the pres - for lack of a better term - taking advantage of Asuka, have been foreshadowed in other layers, heavily so ... and I kinda forgot what I wanted to say... ah, yes: I didn't mean it's confusing for its plot, but - as you said - for these "wait, when are we now?" moments...)

Either way, it's still interesting and enjoyable as is and I got it on my "gotta re-read the whole thing" list.

Edit: Sorry, am currently a bit dizzy due to sickness, so if I got repetetive or didn't make any sense at all, that may be why... Am gonna shut up now @_@

I love how the syntax of this post replicates the thing you’re talking about. Lol

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Poor Asuka, to get her virginity taken by the president like that. Pretty sure she's going to do some very hard disassociation while replacing the president with her mum during the 'act'.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 8:20AM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Jun-nii so far off the romantic radar he might as well go live on the moon.

More like in saturn

As long as he stays away from Venus :-)

Jun was already rejected in the present, so that doesn't matter.
More importantly he was totally right to warn Asuka, sheesh.

Probably? But is it really any of his business, or just sour grapes?

Ooooo took some time but this is getting interesting

Yes, very interesting in that non-creepy way, at last!

I'm curious because given how much of a mothercon is Asuka, i don't see how she can get interested in anyone else other than her mother.

Freud says we all start out 'loving our parent' (usually the opposite sex one) then transfer to a more age-appropriate figure like... the President! Lolz... slightly more age-appropriate. Of course 90% of Freud's theories are bunkum, keep that in mind eh?

Yeah the flashbacks are rather confusing, hope that's sorted out for the anime (there is one coming, I thought?)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

hope that's sorted out for the anime (there is one coming, I thought?)

That's the first time i heard of it. The only yuris i heard having an anime this year are Fragtime, coming in November as an OVA, and Adachi to Shimamura.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

God, I'm not sure what it is about her but she's seriously creeping me out.

For what i could gather, she is a Player and wants to make a move on Asuka as well, or rather, she already did and we're seeing how it happened.

Yeah.
And I wonder what sort of conflict this will create between Asuka and Ayako...

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

For what i could gather, she is a Player and wants to make a move on Asuka as well, or rather, she already did and we're seeing how it happened.
Yeah.
And I wonder what sort of conflict this will create between Asuka and Ayako...

I wonder if it should create conflict, as Asuka did that before fully realizing her crush / hitting on her mother.
In that sense the fact Ayako used to be intimate with Asuka's father prior to whatever relationship the two of them will develop.... ...I lost my point again, but I feel like I already made it... and with a double-entendre on top?

I love how the syntax of this post replicates the thing you’re talking about. Lol

...sweet irony, I guess. But at least my excuse is vertigo.. What's Taiyaki's? ^^;

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I still remember some people here saying Jun should mind his own business and is annoying for daring to warn Asuka lol

Did Asuka gt murdered while I wasn't looking or something?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Did Asuka gt murdered while I wasn't looking or something?

You didn't realize that incest is the death of the soul? Asuka died the day she masturbated to her mom. We have been following her living corpse and saw it get sexually assaulted by a senpai and then struggling to seduce her mom the entire time.

Alternate theory: Asuka was possessed by her father, exorcist style, and that's why she lusts after her mom and has demonic cat eyes. Jun is actually a undercover priest trying to turn her het for Jesus.

To reply you must either login or sign up.