Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined May 29, 2019

In the end, her sister really did...
Bloom into Yuu...

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

Ah, my babies has to stop me so adorable ;-; my heart can take it!!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bloom into Yuu...

. . . golf clap . . .

Nicely done.

last edited at Jul 5, 2019 12:49AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Uninstall posted:

Bloom into Yuu...

Uninstall this comment

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh are we making Bloom Into Yuu jokes again? Guess its time to hibernate till the next chapter (or the dang vol7 extra comes out)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The real twist will be that Yuu was Touko's sister all along.

Calm down Mochi

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Sayaka LN is getting licensed. Vol 1 is set for Feb 2020. https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1147335322985992193?s=19

joined Jan 21, 2015

Sayaka LN is getting licensed. Vol 1 is set for Feb 2020. https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1147335322985992193?s=19

That is fantastic news. Can't wait for February.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

When the central conflict of a story is resolved, for some unfathomable reason there’s less conflict.

Color me shocked.

I see no reason for sarcasm. Either the story should've ended leaving the rest to specials, doujins etc. Or another conflict introduced. It probably is difficult, albeit not impossible, to add and resolve a conflict within one volume without disrupting the consistency of the rest of the story. Probably a relatively good example that comes to mind is Toradora. But it felt more consistent throughout the whole journey too, or at least that's how I remembered it. Anyway, there might still be some drama hiding behind the cuteness of the last couple of chapters - let's see what the author has in store for us. I do hope the last volume isn't gonna be fanservice only.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

When the central conflict of a story is resolved, for some unfathomable reason there’s less conflict.

Color me shocked.

Either the story should've ended leaving the rest to specials, doujins etc. Or another conflict introduced.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Color me shocked.

I see no reason for sarcasm. Either the story should've ended leaving the rest to specials, doujins etc. Or another conflict introduced. It probably is difficult, albeit not impossible, to add and resolve a conflict within one volume without disrupting the consistency of the rest of the story. Probably a relatively good example that comes to mind is Toradora. But it felt more consistent throughout the whole journey too, or at least that's how I remembered it. Anyway, there might still be some drama hiding behind the cuteness of the last couple of chapters - let's see what the author has in store for us. I do hope the last volume isn't gonna be fanservice only.

Well dude you're failing at seeing the underlying "conflict" (more like misunderstanding) between Touko and Yuu behind the "fanservice"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Color me shocked.

This shows a total imposition of a false premise onto traditional story structure—as Nezchan said: “denouement.” Where the entire story showed the tightening of a knot of conflict, the post-conflict section of a story shows its unwinding (that’s what the word “denouement” means). Touko and Yuu being happy together has been the implicit or latent outcome of the story along.

Calling anything except more jacked-up conflict “fanservice” or “doujins” demonstrates how parochial some readers can be about narrative.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Calling anything except more jacked-up conflict “fanservice” or “doujins” demonstrates how parochial some readers can be about narrative.

It also shows how many romance stories end as soon as the main conflict is resolved (aka the reason why the main characters didn't get together), to the point it's seen as the standard. Yuri isn't the exception here it seems.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It also shows how many romance stories end as soon as the main conflict is resolved (aka the reason why the main characters didn't get together), to the point it's seen as the standard. Yuri isn't the exception here it seems.

Either they get together by the end or the story begins with them already being together and focuses on the aftermath. There is no inbetween for romance stories. Can you imagine such a bold and risky move?

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 9:25AM

joined Nov 5, 2017

Either they get together by the end or the story begins with them already being together and focuses on the aftermath. There is no inbetween for romance stories. Can you imagine such a bold and risky move?

I would say citrus is an example but even after they got together there was drama that got in the middle of their relationship... it still counts I guess? Or at least citrus + is just focusing on the aftermath lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I would say citrus is an example but even after they got together there was drama that got in the middle of their relationship... it still counts I guess? Or at least citrus + is just focusing on the aftermath lol

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Prepare for impact...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In terms of storytelling, YagaKimi has always been more like a traditional prose novel or theatrical drama than contemporary manga or anime. It’s been extremely methodical in developing its scenes and characters—there have been no major plot swerves, no characters suddenly introduced to pump up the conflict, no sudden shifts in tone, etc., and while there have been some slight plot digressions (the cafe couple and Sayaka, Koyomi’s interludes), even those relate fairly directly to the main plot.

The strength of the series has always been in its finely controlled execution rather than its sheer emotional intensity or its inventiveness in terms of plot. (The play was a great example—we knew what it what going to be like, and it was presented to us in full. Sayaka’s confession was another sequence that was in the cards from near the start and that we were eventually given in a fully developed and beautifully crafted series of scenes, even though the outcome was never really in doubt.)

That doesn’t mean that the storytelling was always predictable (I thought both Yuu’s confession and her pre-play rooftop scene with Touko played out in some unexpected ways), but expecting this series to execute its story like an average manga was always a bad bet.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sorry, sorry, that was sarcasm. Many stories focus on several if not all stages of a romantic relationship. No need to bring out the Citrus hammer haha
Nezchan seriously created a new rule just so people wouldnt talk about it, so we all walk on thin ice here

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 11:35AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sorry, sorry, that was sarcasm. Many stories focus on several if not all stages of a romantic relationship. No need to bring out the Citrus hammer haha
Nezchan seriously created a new rule just so people wouldnt talk about it, so we all walk on thin ice here

Or you do like Futaribeya and make them married since chapter 1.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Or you do like Futaribeya and make them married since chapter 1.

Incredible, ain't it? Will-they-wont-they + relationship + married life, all at the same time!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oddly enough, this is one of those rare moments where it's actually a relevant comparison, even though I think it's not quite right. Citrus+ is a spinoff, rather than a denouement in a self-contained story, so to me that's a similar but different thing.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

even after they got together there was drama that got in the middle of their relationship

I will just say it's hard to know when Citrus had no drama

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kase san would be more accurate when it comes to after climax development... And not even in Kase san they ever think about talking with the parents o.o) is all about building confidence, learning about each others and well, just making things work.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oddly enough, this is one of those rare moments where it's actually a relevant comparison, even though I think it's not quite right. Citrus+ is a spinoff, rather than a denouement in a self-contained story, so to me that's a similar but different thing.

Matching up the Citrus franchise with YagaKimi in terms of story structure is very hard to do because the two mangaka are stylistically exact opposites—one extraordinarily focused, methodical, and controlled, the other one . . . conspicuously not so.

To reply you must either login or sign up.