Forum › Anime season

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

What? Screw that! They need to animate Fugo's Bizarre adventure first, then we can talk about FF-I mean Jolyne.

I'm not sure if they will adapt Purple Haze Feedback. It's not canon, unlike the Rohan OVA.
Of course they already improved on Narancia's death scene by adding Fugo so they definitely love Part 5 enough to go that far. But it's a budget issue.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Release the Spyce flop.
Endro! flop.
Namori career is over.
Tonari vampire flop.
Harukana Receive flop.
Comic Girls flop.
Man most yuri subtext/tease and CGDCT anime flops like crazy lately.
YURI SUBTEXT IS DEAD!!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, tonari vampire was incredibly boring for me.... But I can't believe comic girls and Harukana flopped...
Meanwhile Yuru Yuri is getting new animation hahahahahaha she only has to keep yuruing the yuri and she'll be fine.

PS I got a mayor Sounan Desuka? spoiler or rumor and even if it's 10 or 20 minutes now I really don't want to take the risk lo/ let's just save it for later there might be more students in the other side of the isle and... doesn't mean more girls...

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 1:09AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, tonari vampire was incredibly boring for me.... But I can't believe comic girls and Harukana flopped...

It's actually really rare for Kirara shows to sell well! They make their money back by inspiring people to buy the manga

PS I got a mayor Sounan Desuka? spoiler or rumor and even if it's 10 or 20 minutes now I really don't want to take the risk lo/ let's just save it for later there might be more students in the other side of the isle and... doesn't mean more girls...

Only one of them is actually male and the main cast never knows they're there before they get written out

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's actually really rare for Kirara shows to sell well! They make their money back by inspiring people to buy the manga

I honestly wondered how CGDCT shows actually manage to keep coming back. It doesn't seem like there would be a huge market for it in anime. So it really was the advertisement angle.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Release the Spyce flop.
Endro! flop.
Namori career is over.
Tonari vampire flop.
Harukana Receive flop.
Comic Girls flop.
Man most yuri subtext/tease and CGDCT anime flops like crazy lately.
YURI SUBTEXT IS DEAD!!!!

I don't get how you are not banned when you only post bait to start arguments.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I honestly wondered how CGDCT shows actually manage to keep coming back. It doesn't seem like there would be a huge market for it in anime. So it really was the advertisement angle.

Merch and music sales(symphogear is a big one) are also sources of income. I would say jts very hard for us outsiders to judge whether a series flopped or not just purely based on disc sales.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Merch and music sales(symphogear is a big one) are also sources of income. I would say jts very hard for us outsiders to judge whether a series flopped or not just purely based on disc sales.

Let's not forget mobage and stage shows. How well did Starlight do? No one knows!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Let's not forget mobage and stage shows. How well did Starlight do? No one knows!

I do see a LOT of whales in Re:Live lol

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Actually, let's go over the stuff koneko was freaking out about:

Release the Spyce was genuinely not very good and I'd have been more upset if it did well

Endro, Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, and Comic Girls all fall under the "comedies underperform" clause. Anime discs are really expensive, which means that something a few people are really into will do better than something a lot of people are moderately fond of, and comedies are generally on the wrong side of this

Harukana Receive was, again, not especially good. All the drama was dealt with early on, leaving most of the series bereft of any emotional weight

So, yeah, all of this is stuff that could be reasonably expected to sell poorly for reasons entirely unrelated to yuri

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In further "yuri is alive and well" news, Mamoru Oshii is working on a yuri comedy about vampires

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I will look forward to that... In other news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0J2cLsTh4o
honkai impact 3 has anime now? but it's 5minutes per episode and chinese (with subs).

For those who don't know, that's a franchise of games and comic with lots of girls and pretty much yuri, but is hard to find a starting point in the many comics/manga out there (mangadex) and is not like everyone can play the game considering how much it requires to run.

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 10:20PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

In further "yuri is alive and well" news, Mamoru Oshii is working on a yuri comedy about vampires

Deja vu? I feel like we just had a vampire yuri (subtext) just last winter.
I guess vampires really are pretty gay.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Deja vu? I feel like we just had a vampire yuri (subtext) just last winter.
I guess vampires really are pretty gay.

When one of the first vampires stories is like 50% yuri slice of life...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm a little sad https://myanimelist.net/news/57877890
Because is minimal in every aspect and most likely not canon

last edited at Jun 29, 2019 4:48PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Meanwhile we still waiting for Yuru Camp S2 airing date. Remember we get the news in october last year and we are nearly to July.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm a little sad https://myanimelist.net/news/57877890
Because is minimal in every aspect and most likely not canon

To be fair, whatever is really canon in YuruYuri?

last edited at Jun 29, 2019 4:53PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was ecstatic at "a slapstick comedy centering on a vampire girl named Mai" and "will solely focus on five young girls" and "won't have any handsome men" and "seriously tackle a story centering on a girl-meets-girl concept."

Then I read that "Mai feels similar to Urusei Yatsura's Lum" and all was despair.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

GER improved ruined by meme worthy animation wtf! Guess Trish's bum and Mista's everything was more important fan service than the freaking final boss.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

GER improved ruined by meme worthy animation wtf! Guess Trish's bum and Mista's everything was more important fan service than the freaking final boss.

What do you mean? The animation was gorgeous this episode. I mean sure... GER and Giorno floating in the air is pretty dang weird, but GER looked great. King Crimson was awesome too. Bruno's ascencion was beautiful.

Sometimes I really wonder what people's obssession is with "bad animation".

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 8:20AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What do you mean? The animation was gorgeous this episode. I mean sure... GER and Giorno floating in the air is pretty dang weird, but GER looked great. King Crimson was awesome too. Bruno's ascencion was beautiful.

Sometimes I really wonder what people's obssession is with "bad animation".

I guess I wasn't clear enough.
The episode was well animated, that's why that...thing sliding across towards "Diabolo" was distracting. Did you not notice it? Right before the final muda?

It's not an "obsession with bad animation", I wouldn't complain if it was an in between frame or something, it was out for WAY to long right before the climax. I was so invested before the tweening Gio, no idea how you can defend that. It is a "we'll fix it on the Blue ray" kinda moment and it sucks.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I guess I wasn't clear enough.
The episode was well animated, that's why that...thing sliding across towards "Diabolo" was distracting. Did you not notice it? Right before the final muda?

It's not an "obsession with bad animation", I wouldn't complain if it was an in between frame or something, it was out for WAY to long right before the climax. I was so invested before the tweening Gio, no idea how you can defend that. It is a "we'll fix it on the Blue ray" kinda moment and it sucks.

You mean that one shot where you were supposed to focus on Diavolo's Epitaph hair? Of course I didn't notice that. I was focusing on the thing they highlighted.

That face looks kinda bad, but to be taken out of the moment or cry memeworthy animation is a bit over the top. It's not even animation, just a still image.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I was ecstatic at "a slapstick comedy centering on a vampire girl named Mai" and "will solely focus on five young girls" and "won't have any handsome men" and "seriously tackle a story centering on a girl-meets-girl concept."

Then I read that "Mai feels similar to Urusei Yatsura's Lum" and all was despair.

I LOVED Lum. The problem was never Lum, it was that she was paired with Ataru. That's an anime about dysfunctional people running roughshod over each other for comic effect... But more than half of the problems wouldn't even exist if Ataru wasn't a giant dick.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So this season there is for us Sounan desu ka, Granbelm and Machikado Mazoku, anything else?

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 9:42AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Joshikousei no Mudazukai is a comedy but is an all girls school so I maybe I can expect the unexpected.

Anyway if you like Nichijou or Azumanga Daioh you might like that.

And there's Dumbbell-Nan-Kilo-Moteru but I'm almost sure that the main 2 girls are very straight ... Not sure what's gonna happen after with the other girls, I sure would love if that becomes Lili Marble hehehehe

To reply you must either login or sign up.