Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If I know anything about space station sized symbolism it's that if a girl stares at a torn photograph of a couple, toxic feelings are afoot. Out of all the photos thats the only torn one, so I don't think she was just trying to destroy MC's work either.

The chapter did thoroughly manage to portray Nene as bitchy and her reasoning for breaking up was flimsy, but that seems like a red herring. I kinda got a feeling that Nene is not being entirely truthful about why she broke up with Amane. Maybe Hayama has more involvement than I thought... or not. Nene seemed genuinly surprised that Hayama knew about them.

On the flipside I can understand why Nene was so rejecting this entire time. Amane is totally not over the break-up. She doesn't even seem to understand it. The "we are still friends" excuse really is incredibly transparent with this new info. Props to her for showing that she cares deeply enough not to risk it for a kiss. Poor thing.

Oh and... MC is kind of unstable herself. That was a really fast rejection of what seems to be her biggest purpose in life (aka photography). There are more models in this world than those exes...

TheYuriProphet
Yandere%20eve
joined Mar 27, 2018

Should we add a "Drama" or "Angst" tag? Cause this is getting heated.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Wait, could it be? Is senpai the reason those two broke up?

joined Apr 16, 2014

Art's so gorgeous, I went to author's Twitter and saw her pinned. The last picture seemed to be senpai holding Amane, judging by the ribbons. Add that to the end of Ch. 2, my kind image of her is shattered now lmao

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Lotta loose cannons rolling around the deck in this one.

I know that in Japan senpai have a responsibility to keep the kouhai in line, but in a Western context sensei would be pretty unprofessional bitching about one student to another like that.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Lotta loose cannons rolling around the deck in this one.

I know that in Japan senpai have a responsibility to keep the kouhai in line, but in a Western context sensei would be pretty unprofessional bitching about one student to another like that.

I think we all had a teacher like that once haha

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

So much drama, not enough answers

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Surprisingly, I can stand this kind of drama. Probably because yuri is promised at the end.

549487_1
joined May 10, 2018

It's hurt, but I enjoy this.

joined Jan 26, 2019

Second page of chapter 2: she is just trying to get really horny photos of them

Dreadpiratebaka
joined Jul 11, 2014

I mean, this can’t turn out as terrible as that other photography yuri... right? (Also as a photographer and a lesbian I would like more photography yuri pls)

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

And obviously the senpai is gonna be a sort of bitch. Probably having romantic feelings for one of the girl or feeling "abandoned" by the couple
Damn Nene, you sure are a tsundere

last edited at May 4, 2019 10:28AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh and... MC is kind of unstable herself. That was a really fast rejection of what seems to be her biggest purpose in life (aka photography).

As a photographer myself, I can say that in most non-technical contexts the difference between what a pictures shows and the "reality" of the subject is called "photography"--it's the fundamental premise of the medium, not the occasion for an existential crisis.

joined Aug 2, 2018

Oh wow that hurts. I know what that situation is like. And that ultimatum....

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh and... MC is kind of unstable herself. That was a really fast rejection of what seems to be her biggest purpose in life (aka photography).

As a photographer myself, I can say that in most non-technical contexts the difference between what a pictures shows and the "reality" of the subject is called "photography"--it's the fundamental premise of the medium, not the occasion for an existential crisis.

I am flabbergasted by this revelation. I am sure a baker would quit their job on the spot if they found out that a factory made loaf of bread tastes different from what it looks like.

MakixNico4ever
2015-09-26-23-21-01-1
joined Aug 1, 2015

this kind of situation, triggers me so much; but i like this kind of manga

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am flabbergasted by this revelation. I am sure a baker would quit their job on the spot if they found out that a factory made loaf of bread tastes different from what it looks like.

The supposed force of this analogy escapes me. The relationship between the appearance of food and its taste is not at all parallel to that of a visual representation and the essential nature of the thing being represented.

Especially with food--having done some commercial food photography, I can say for a fact that the goal is to make the food look like it would taste great--even if that bowl of soup is stone cold and has rocks in the bottom to make it look like it's chockfull of delicious ingredients.

As art objects, the visual impression and emotional effect of Chou-chan's photos on the viewer is not at all dependent on the actual relationship between the two subjects.

last edited at May 4, 2019 11:40AM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Why must it be so painful (;_;)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The supposed force of this analogy escapes me. The relationship between the appearance of food and its taste is not at all parallel to that of a visual representation and the essential nature of the thing being represented.

Especially with food--having done some commercial food photography, I can say for a fact that the goal is to make the food look like it would taste great--even if that bowl of soup is stone cold and has rocks in the bottom to make it look like it's chockfull of delicious ingredients.

As art objects, the visual impression and emotional effect of Chou-chan's photos on the viewer is not at all dependent on the actual relationship between the two subjects.

When you sell food, you want it to look appealing. It doesn't matter what it actually tastes like, because you just trick people into buying your food.
When you sell photos you want them to look appealing. It doesn't matter if they don't reflect reality or are in fact the opposite of what they display, because all you want is that one illusive fake moment to win your contest/sell your piece.

In both cases authenticity, something people put value in, is disregarded for the sake of gain.

If you shoot a photo of two people who hate each other, but fix it so that they seem deeply in love, that might be prasied for the effort itself, but still leaves a bad aftertaste when you look at it, much like a badly made loaf of bread...

PS: I thought the idea was that we are making fun of MC here. How did this become serious? lol

last edited at May 4, 2019 11:57AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you shoot a photo of two people who hate each other, but fix it so that they seem deeply in love, that might be prasied for the effort itself, but still leaves a bad aftertaste when you look at it, much like a badly made loaf of bread...

You don't have to "fix" anything, as most successful group shots at family functions demonstrate--even if the reality is that Uncle Joe borrowed money and never paid it back to Sally and Marge, who are pissed, and that cheery-looking teenager in the front makes pocket money selling bootleg Adderall to the beaming cousins on the other side, who are totally stressed about college-admissions testing, and Grandpa looks so relaxed because he just peed in his adult diapers, it comes out as a "great shot of everybody."

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You don't have to "fix" anything, as most successful group shots at family functions demonstrate--even if the reality is that Uncle Joe borrowed money and never paid it back to Sally and Marge, who are pissed, and that cheery-looking teenager in the front makes pocket money selling bootleg Adderall to the beaming cousins on the other side, who are totally stressed about college-admissions testing, and Grandpa looks so relaxed because he just peed in his adult diapers, it comes out as a "great shot of everybody."

You fixed the subjects to look like a happy family, which they are not. It's really no different from using powder and a knife to make a disgusting loaf of bread look like it was made well from first class ingredients.

I think this has run its course now lol

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Calling it now: the photography senpai has hots for twintails and made them break up by lying about something to the black-haired chick. But twintails is not over it, so her plan ultimately failed.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Rollercoaster~

Ab03237b-ac0d-4030-8288-8032dc7528e5
joined May 12, 2015

idk, the senpai seems evil to me, but I'm down for some spices. And I hope that senpai is a sad tragic antagonist :P

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Calling it now: the photography senpai has hots for twintails and made them break up by lying about something to the black-haired chick. But twintails is not over it, so her plan ultimately failed.

Yes, she’s obviously the cause of their breakup, but we don’t know which one she is interested in. Whatever lie she made up to the black haired chick or whatever blackmailing she has against her, we can tell it’s something terrible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.