Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And what do you mean, by "there is no competition."?

If no guys are around the perceived "main competition" to the love interest is eliminated. Just by the virtue that lesbians are much rarer than straight girls. Of course the amount of lesbians in yuri works is usually disproportionate to reality.
Naturally yuri revolves around lesbians first and foremost, so males do not pose any "threat" anyway, but as you can see many readers are rather paranoid and sensitive about that.

Fbeff6ae5beor
joined Sep 22, 2018

This is quite original and cute! But I have a feeling that I've read this before somewhere... Like a oneshot? HmmMmM ! Deja vu.

This author did a one-shot with the same theme a couple of years back (only in that case it was an older brother). Don’t know if it was ever translated, though.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If no guys are around the perceived "main competition" to the love interest is eliminated. Just by the virtue that lesbians are much rarer than straight girls. Of course the amount of lesbians in yuri works is usually disproportionate to reality.
Naturally yuri revolves around lesbians first and foremost, so males do not pose any "threat" anyway, but as you can see many readers are rather paranoid and sensitive about that.

Well I like guys in yuri stories, They make the story feel real. Plus I like to see the guy lose. And, that one is as bad as it sounds. heteronormativity bores, and annoys me.

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

[Obligatory reminder that "Shoujo Ai" does not exist]

I know, i just said to clarify what i was referring to

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 5:36PM

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

Honne posted:

This chapter was only subtext (friendship with a lot of skinship) but it is tagged as Yuri. Is it going to develop into some kind of romantic relationship?

Probably? I mean, it's in the title.

Yeah but i've seen that in Japan sometimes they use the word "Yuri" even if there isn't any kind of romantic feeling involved (Subtext/Shoujo Ai)

Asking if this is yuri is like asking if they managed to get married or if someone dies ... like, let's just wait and see, alright? unless there's 5 volumes of RAW chapters ( and there isn't, there's only one in japan and here) and you want to get spoiled, is useless to ask right now.

I asked because i didn't know if this was a new manga or just a late upload. There are some series in Dynasty Scans that doesn't have as many translated chapters as other websites (For example Shouraiteki Ni Shinde Kure)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Well I like guys in yuri stories, They make the story feel real. Plus I like to see the guy lose. And, that one is as bad as it sounds. heteronormativity bores, and annoys me.

Well people are paranoid for a reason. there is just so much bad bait out there. And people will watch it in hopes of a good ending, because there is not many stories with lesbians to begin with. I used to do exactly that, but it's become too annoying for me.

I like me some genuinely good story with male (supporting & supportive) characters, too. Shame on the bad tropes.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'd rather skip the entire love triangle altogether, thanks.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

It's a good first Chapter, i hope it's not Subtext but Yuri.
I don't mind guys in Yuri, as long they don't ruin the ship.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Incest, I mean, kinda okay I guess?
Wait age gap? And she's so young as well, uhg... But wait it doesn't have an incest or age gap tag?
What, that's a boy, her brother? But isn't this Yuri?
Oh...
OOohhh okay I get it lmao this is so cute and wholesome eyyy support Yuri with fury my lil' guy.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 5:47PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well people are paranoid for a reason. there is just so much bad bait out there. And people will watch it in hopes of a good ending, because there is not many stories with lesbians to begin with. I used to do exactly that, but it's become too annoying for me.

I like me some genuinely good story with male (supporting & supportive) characters, too. Shame on the bad tropes.

I love Mophead in Tamen De Gushi. He's Sun Jin's best friend and instead of having an issue with her falling for a girl, he's all for it and helps her out any way he can even if it results in him being the butt end of a joke.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Wow. Imagine being this salty about being gay. Like, could you imagine being this upset about over 90 percent of the human population? I can't. And so up front about it too.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I love Mophead in Tamen De Gushi. He's Sun Jin's best friend and instead of having an issue with her falling for a girl, he's all for it and helps her out any way he can even if it results in him being the butt end of a joke.

The great thing about his character is that it really doesn't matter that he's a male. He's her friend, and he's helping her because that's what good friends do. It feels so strange to focus on someone's gender more than their personality.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

The great thing about his character is that it really doesn't matter that he's a male. He's her friend, and he's helping her because that's what good friends do. It feels so strange to focus on someone's gender more than their personality.

I'd probably still like the character regardless of the gender, but honestly a small part of my appreciation for him really does stem from him being a male character in a yuri story that is just straight up a best friend rather than a source of love drama. If it's strange that I appreciate that then I dunno what to tell you.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

i hope it's not Subtext but Yuri.

I mean the fact that it says Yuri in the title means it's already the exact opposite of subtext.

makeyurigreatagain
Funny
joined Apr 21, 2019

Absolutely adorbs!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. :D

Yuri_is_the_best
Dxuhm6xuyaalbg9
joined Aug 30, 2018

Omg this is from the same author who made Ashita kimi ni aetara. This will be good

joined Jul 26, 2016

I kinda like Saki's hairstyle, it suits her well. Which is noteworthy because usually that kind of design annoys me. Gonna write it down to the author having a fortuitously complimentary sense of aesthetics.

Those poor buttons though; I can hear them whimpering in the agony of death... D:

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Those poor buttons though; I can hear them whimpering in the agony of death... D:

I see your percipient eye instantly focused on Saki's most notable feature.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I see your percipient eye instantly focused on Saki's most notable feature.

Bit hard not to given how very prominently her... vast... tracts of land are on display, but that wasn't before that particular page.
>_>
<_<
Honest, guv.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 8:12PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You heard it here first guys. A het ending is a bad ending.

Seriously...

I mean the fact that it says Yuri in the title means it's already the exact opposite of subtext.

Like Yuru Yuri, right?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Looks like they can be good friends.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Like Yuru Yuri, right?

There are blatantly stated lesbian characters in YuruYuri, so yes.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 8:40PM

joined Apr 18, 2018

You heard it here first guys. A het ending is a bad ending.

Seriously...

Like Yuru Yuri, right?

You're here trying to rile up people for no reason or something? Because that's what I'm seeing you and some other posters are doing. I don't really see what's wrong with not liking certain tropes because it's all based on one's preference in the end and they have their own reasoning for adhering to certain understanding. It doesn't mean what their opinion would always be inherently wrong or they deserved to be chastised just because. I don't really get what's up with the hostility in Dynasty lately. Don't really care much about comments but I do read them and I noticed the curve so here I am. Also, you seems to be implying that Yuru Yuri is subtext. Watch all of the anime again and again, will ya? It's clearly a yuri show, but focused a lot more on slice of life rather than romance.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Like Yuru Yuri, right?

There are blatantly stated lesbian characters in YuruYuri, so yes.

Prunus Girl is more yuri than Yuru Yuri would ever be in another hundred chapters. Or anything tagged Lesbian sidecouple for that matter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.