Forum › Welcome to the Prison Town discussion

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

I leave it to neji for some good monster girl Yuri!!

last edited at Apr 18, 2019 10:42PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

YEAH BOI NEJI STUFF!! But seriously, you guys need to get the blind girl and monster girl yuri series up here. that stuff is god tier from Neji

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't really get the setup, but this is pretty nice.

joined Jul 29, 2018

I cried omg, whose chopping onions here? So blurry I can’t even see the yuri goodness

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

@RuneHex That series was on here until Seven Seas licensed it. As always, please support the official release.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I don't really get the story? But it was nice.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Well I finished it. I don't really understand what the setting's supposed to be, but it's cute so I suppose that doesn't really matter.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

It moved faster than I thought it would. Oh well, it had sweet yuri by Neji so it's fine

joined Dec 18, 2018

Kind of feels like it's missing first half of the story.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

@RuneHex That series was on here until Seven Seas licensed it. As always, please support the official release.

I don't think Bocchi Kaibutsu ever was on here. IIRC the group who scanlated the first bunch of chapters just didn't give their permission to upload those chapters on Dynasty.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Neji certainly has a thing for monster tails, they're cute in their own way

joined Jun 27, 2017

Holy shit, I saw a lot of these two on Pixiv, but I had no idea what it was called. Finally I can read it!

joined Oct 13, 2014

please tell me theres more

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

@Goggled Anon I must've been mistaken then as it's been quite a while haha

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I think this is Neji's worst work. It's still Neji so it's still very good, but it was short for what it was trying to do. The pacing was weird and it felt rushed. Judging by the thoughts expressed in the comments, I'm not alone in that sentiment. The characters are likeable, but I think there were too many for how few chapters there were and a lot of information is left to speculation (what happened between Mari and Chesha?). It also really rubbed me the wrong way that Akari saw other couples and figured that she could only be happy by copying them. Like, shouldn't you just want to be with Mari because you like her and want to be with her? Why do you gotta bring peer pressure into it?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

it was short for what it was trying to do.

There's still another volume to be translated. There's also a bunch of lil side-stories on Neji's pixiv detailing the side-characters backstories.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Well I finished it. I don't really understand what the setting's supposed to be, but it's cute so I suppose that doesn't really matter.

Mc is a human in a monster only place. She fell asleep on a train and ended up there. Where she is now is a prison for monsters that do work for their sentence to be freed. Which means everyone there has been convicted of some kind of law breaking. Her crime is for trespassing to this place since she's a human. Everyone must have a partner it seems so she was paired with Mari. They only work at night and sleep during the day. If you don't meet a work quota, you'll get sent to hell but until it gets a bit more serious, it's more of a gag line atm

This is kind of a slice of life yuri.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Also, are the chapters out of order? I had read 6.5 before 6, was slightly confusing before I realized it.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was a real pain to read in my awful internet, but was otherwise a good read.

Also, are the chapters out of order? I had read 6.5 before 6, was slightly confusing before I realized it.

Yeah, they're out of order. 6 should come before 6.5.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 5:27PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I don't think Bocchi Kaibutsu ever was on here. IIRC the group who scanlated the first bunch of chapters just didn't give their permission to upload those chapters on Dynasty.

once i get money, i'm planning on buying that entire series so i can experience diabetes every day

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Unless you like an epic dose of bitter with a few grains of sugar, I'd be inclined to recommend not reading the second volume.

This story has such a bleak ending that it would definitely qualify as existential horror if someone actually lived through it. "The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl" is not a good base for a romantic ending between two temporal beings. Even worse, the main girl apparently has no life besides waiting for Mari's yearly visit. She just works and works with no future goal in mind, because the whole situation is out of her hands.

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 6:19PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I really, REALLY disliked the ending to this one, a relationship where you only see your love once half a day every fucking year is not sustainable and she really has no sort of life besides that? it's just not good overall

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So it just leaves it at the once a year thing?? Why cant she just duplicate however she got there to start with? And it didnt explain why she cant stay.. Kinda sucks to end like that imo. I dont see how either can be happy.

Could the author really not think of any better way to end it than just tailing off without resolution?

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 6:20PM

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

My poor, poor heart.

joined Jan 26, 2019

best prison ever

To reply you must either login or sign up.