Forum › Welcome to the Prison Town discussion

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Ugh. Why can't they just stay together in one world?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ugh. Why can't they just stay together in one world?

I feel like the most logical answer is "the author had to end the series".

But also that the fact Mary is still clearly searching for ways to make it permanent, and that they both bought rings, at least tries to give us some hope. lol

joined Sep 2, 2016

actually, I was waiting for an ending where Mary found a way to stay with Akari forever but yeah, it's fine

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I'm glad this was uploaded with all chapters 7-12 at once. Otherwise the suspense would have killed me.

Glad that the professor didn't hold any grudges. Mari really deserved prison, what she did was not cool.

But what did Akari go to prison for? If Mari had to kill someone to end up in prison town, I don't think Akari just did something as inconsequential as public littering.

Anyway, once a year? Awwwww... I wanted to see them be lovely dovely all the time...

joined Jun 30, 2015

So it is like Tanabata but Halloween stuff then.

joined Jan 7, 2019

Glad that the professor didn't hold any grudges. Mari really deserved prison, what she did was not cool.

I mean, I thought that at first too but it's not as if she actually killed them, she jut had to plug them back up and they were just fine. If anything, sending Mari to prison and just leaving the Prof and shuri laying there was pretty terrible idea and could have potentially ended with them dying for real.
Obviously, harming people out of jealousy is a horrible thing to do, but the way it was presented made it seem even worse than it actually was.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Hmm.. Not a fan of the ending, felt like it wanted to be bittersweet just for the sake of being bittersweet, but due to the clunkiness of it, ended up feeling lackluster instead.. I bought the authors other book "Kaibutsu Shoujo" but haven't read it, now I'm afraid of it ending like this.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ah neji, you make nice monsters. That series went by in a flash! Wish there was a bit more explanation on why akari ended up in prison town in the first place tho. Seems pretty harsh leaving it with only being able to see one another once a year I hope the series continues and goes a little more in depth on akaris behalf and also some progression in this future relationship with one another

last edited at Apr 30, 2019 3:07AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Bravo to upload all remaining chapters at once.

Holy time jump, Batman! That’s a heckuva way to end a manga—Age everybody past the point of youth.

Meh ending because they can’t stay together.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I mean, I thought that at first too but it's not as if she actually killed them, she jut had to plug them back up and they were just fine. If anything, sending Mari to prison and just leaving the Prof and shuri laying there was pretty terrible idea and could have potentially ended with them dying for real.
Obviously, harming people out of jealousy is a horrible thing to do, but the way it was presented made it seem even worse than it actually was.

I was thinking the same thing too, but if she plugged the screw back in again she wouldn't have met Akari, so I guess you could say fate was doing it's work there

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Well, in the volume 1 afterword it was mentioned that the editor wanted horror. That long distance relationship is pretty horrific.
On a lighter note, I love the swanky bowtie on Mia's snake. Wish the characters here got more background information shown.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Everything always seem so rushed esp the endings. I wish there would be more chapters to go more in depth of characters and prison town in general. It seems a common trend that all these works start well but gloss over a lot then finish way to quickly.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

But what did Akari go to prison for? If Mari had to kill someone to end up in prison town, I don't think Akari just did something as inconsequential as public littering.

I thought it said in chapter 1? Akari's 'crime' was entering the prison world - seems harsh for accidental trespassing, - even if its some high security prison. And it never bothered to explain how it seems so hard for Mari to get to earth but Akari's first trip there was just falling asleep on the train.

last edited at Apr 30, 2019 8:22AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Everything always seem so rushed esp the endings. I wish there would be more chapters to go more in depth of characters and prison town in general. It seems a common trend that all these works start well but gloss over a lot then finish way to quickly.

There's a bunch of short comics over on Neji's Pixiv that goes over each of the side character's crimes.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

this ending kinda sucks... following the way Akari lives she could just stay with her monster in a monster world. why not commit some lil crime and that's all?
also why the hell didn't Mary insert those starting bolts in their heads from the start? (well ofc to find her love in a prison, easy)))

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What was that about "20 years later" and "you both have long lifespan"

joined Jan 7, 2019

What was that about "20 years later" and "you both have long lifespan"

Well, considering that many of the monster girls of prison town were a mix of human with animals that have a much shorter lifespan (cats, dogs, lizards, etc.), I would simply asume that their own lifespans are somewhere in the middle and therefore considerably less than ours.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

I have an idea of what might have happened. Mangaka does one volume worth of series, then sales decide if they write more than 1 more. Which is why second volume moves so fast.
Of course, I might be wrong and it was always meant to be 2 volumes long, and mangaka just isn't good at directing/pacing their stories for longer than a couple of chapters.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Ugh that ending left me unsatisfied. I know some endings are bittersweet, but the tone of the rest of it is fluffy enough that I expected a straightforward happy ending.

sigh... Well, I guess I can't complain too much if it was good enough for me to care what happened to the characters.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Didn’t quite understand Chesha’s story, did she kill them all? Why? And why are there so many similar girls named Alice?

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ My guess is they all stayed lost, since Chesha never tried to help them leave, and they eventually died of starvation or exhaustion or what-have-you.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Didn’t quite understand Chesha’s story, did she kill them all? Why? And why are there so many similar girls named Alice?

Time looping at the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

So the snake was cheating with the dude behind his wife's back, an inherently passion-driven/impetuous thing already, and she was lying to him on top of all that, and then she has the gall to be miffed that he called her gross??

Also, her "snake tail" looks more like a big amorphous slug body in most of the frames, lol.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

So the snake was cheating with the dude behind his wife's back, an inherently passion-driven/impetuous thing already, and she was lying to him on top of all that, and then she has the gall to be miffed that he called her gross??

Also, her "snake tail" looks more like a big amorphous slug body in most of the frames, lol.

That's not fair. Based on the context of it, she didn't know that he was married. To her, it was a perfectly normal relationship and trusted him, which is why she tried revealing herself. When she did, he both told her that she was hideous and that he was cheating on his wife with her. I assume he said the latter because he was intending to end their relationship right there. It wasn't a "you're gross, but whatever" it was a "you're a hideous monster. who could ever love you?" The way this part is written implies that her revealing herself changed everything.

And it's not fair to say that she was lying to him. She was hiding her snake form because she had been treated like a beast her entire life. It seems she even hates herself a little bit because of the way she was born. This might be a comparison to queer people hiding their identities to protect themselves. Is it lying if a bi person doesn't tell their partner that in fear of being attacked? She had the ability to hide her tail and try to live a "normal" life. I think killing him might be a little overboard, but the author tried the sell the idea that the combination of all she had done to her and her expectations of their relationship were enough to end his life over. All the girls in prison town had to get their somehow.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The tags are inappropriate for the Pixiv stories. They should be in their own group of chapters. yuri and 404 men not found are false for most of these chapters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.