Forum › Fragtime getting anime adaptation

BeehivesandCherries
joined Mar 27, 2019

You know, Stretch deserves an anime.

It'd be easy: they just have to trace a workout video.

Lmao I love you for this comment xDD

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 4:13AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BeehivesandCherries posted:

I’m sorry but this manga was garbage. It was trying to be “Girl Who Leapt Through Time” but with terrible characters. The MC is a bit of a pushover, and the pretty girl was a bit of a bitch. The manga honestly should have been longer. Instead we got a half-assed, rushed ending where they fight then make up I guess. Problem solved!! The pretty girl is resemblant of many toxic people around me, and I guess I was extremely troubled by her toxic personality too.

Well if you think that or that it was trying to be "Girl Who Leapt Through Time", then you didn't understand story at all.

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 6:50AM

joined Mar 28, 2019

Is Fragtime a good manga? So many people have been telling me to avoid it, but getting a lil curious now.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BlairYi posted:

Is Fragtime a good manga? So many people have been telling me to avoid it, but getting a lil curious now.

It's good. Just tells different kind of story.

joined Mar 28, 2019

BlairYi posted:

Ok thanks! Will check it out

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

BlairYi posted:

Yes, good stuff. Not at all your run-of-the-mill yuri manga. Very psychological, very subtle, very complex. I think it's worth reading it.

It was completed in Japan at two volumes, but never completely scanlated. (The scanlators reached the beginning of volume 2 and stopped... and it's been years since.)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

It was completed in Japan at two volumes, but never completely scanlated. (The scanlators reached the beginning of volume 2 and stopped... and it's been years since.)

Someone finished it though.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose posted:

Someone finished it though.

O_O

WHOA!
Thanks for the tip!! I had only been checking the Yuri Project page in Baka-Updates, and they listed it as unfinished, and I never thought that another group could have finished it! Gonna go read those last chapters right now!

Or, actually, I think I'm gonna reread the whole thing. Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Thx again!

Yuri_is_the_best
Dxuhm6xuyaalbg9
joined Aug 30, 2018

I really love the manga but I wonder why make an anime even though it's already finished. Also the manga kinda reminds me of Life is Strange in a way (great game btw)

Cute-clothes(car-graffiti-jk-chapter-4-funny-road-page-2)(pp-ized)
joined Apr 14, 2018

This has always been one of my favourites. I may have read it early in my yuri stages but even now I like it after having reread it twice (I reread a lot). It isn't particularly rereadable but it's still good. I get why people hate and/or dislike it though, there are a lot of... thing that don't work well and it certainly isn't a masterpiece. That said: I really think Fragtime was a good pick for an anime, it seems like it would flow pretty well on screen with how the story worked on paper, especially the pacing. But I only watch so much anime so I'm no expert by any means--just a lover of yuri, writing and animation... stuff.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 12:37AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Stoked they're giving this one an anime, a few good Yuri and subtext mangas I've read and enjoyed for the past few years have gotten an anime! What time to be alive! continues to pray to Yuri god

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I really love the manga but I wonder why make an anime even though it's already finished. Also the manga kinda reminds me of Life is Strange in a way (great game btw)

I was thinking the same thing! They have totally different stories though, just the time aspect of it is similar.

(Btw there are Life is Strange doujins on Dynasty)

joined Feb 8, 2019

So many people mentioning girl friends and I'm just sitting here with my 6 hxb volumes and 15 second commercial painfully aware that's all I'm gonna get...

Still nice for flag time tho.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

This means that "Girl friends" may have a chance. Ok enough

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 8:33PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

More yuri anime is always welcome
In 2018 we had Bloom into you and SSSS Gridman gay couple
Im really glad that Citrus and NTR(I don't remember how was that angsty yuri called) won't be the main yuri animes that people will start off
I also really like Girlfriends and with this it means that it at least has a chance

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I've heard of it but never read it. Should I?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Would've proffered something like AnoKiss, A Room for Two or Girl Friends. But, eh, Fragtime was decent enough, so, eh, sure.

joined Mar 12, 2019

Fragtime? Isn’t it supposed to be “Fracture in Time?”

Sawyerboredsquarebkgdoutline250
joined Nov 14, 2018

So glad about this! I hope it's a full 13 episode series, it deserves it.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Fragtime? Isn’t it supposed to be “Fracture in Time?”

Where'd you get that from? "Fragtime" is a direct transliteration of the Japanese title, フラグタイム, as well as being the official English title from the publisher. It's the name of their website and everything https://frag-time.com/

To reply you must either login or sign up.