Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I really loved Fragtime so I'm thrilled that it is getting an adaptation

I'm ready to cry like a girl at the ending all over again

joined Jun 17, 2014

Nice. I really loved this story.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I would like to see a storyline that's decent every now and again.

well you're in luck, cuz Fragtime is getting an anime.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I hate that one of favorite mangas that I genuinely think would be a great anime, will never be finished because the author did bad shit.

A minute of silence for the first manga I read on this website, Prism.

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

This was one of the few yuri series that got to me deeply, despite how simple it was for some reason. I remember it had rather poor ratings on the old batoto.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think anyone using this as evidence of Japan's attitude towards homosexuality is missing a key factor: judging Japanese culture based on the content of anime and manga would be like judging American culture based on professional wrestling.

Sure, it's part of the culture, but it in no way represents the mainstream.

joined Aug 19, 2012

this is flop in the making. pure yuri work doesnt sell well, andvthe manga has ended so no material promotion there. I am surprised that any studio would greenlight this

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Fragtime really is a weird choice, one has to wonder what the justification behind this was.

While, yes, there are more popular series that deserve to be adapted, Fragtime got chosen for a reason and I would give a lot to know what it is.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

HYPE!! its kinda creepy i recently re read the whole series, but i aint complaining lol

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Freaking ignorant plebeians not appreciating the deep messages you can draw behind this story. I'm going to have my friend help me buy the manga from Japan because I must support this masterpiece. Thanks for telling us about the series, Dynasty scans.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

WHAT!!!!!! I bet it's gonna be filled with time stop making out! that's why they pick this manga!

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

I was wondering. Why is it only manga with
HET beginning get adaptation?

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Dude that's how you attract viewers to dig into yuri. You start with bi. Don't go full force into yuri bam shit in one go. Citrus was a bad start imo. My straight friends won't even watch that. Series is good but a bit too much.
Yuruyuri? Yeah. It's good, yuri paired up with fresh comedy; attract all kinds of people.

Ok it seems like you don't like those. But, bear with it for some moment. Creators trying to create an anime that multiple kinds of people love, not only for YOU, but US in general, not in lgbt environment.

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Dude that's how you attract viewers to dig into yuri. You start with bi. Don't go full force into yuri bam shit in one go. Citrus was a bad start imo. My straight friends won't even watch that. Series is good but a bit too much.
Yuruyuri? Yeah. It's good, yuri paired up with fresh comedy; attract all kinds of people.

Ok it seems like you don't like those. But, bear with it for some moment. Creators trying to create an anime that multiple kinds of people love, not only for YOU, but US in general, not in lgbt environment.

Well... That's a way to say it but then it causes contradiction as people would mistake yuri as "having been hurt by men? go for women instead" trope and "get back to men if not". Usually, these manga have open ending (save Citrus, who I wanted Yuzu to give up because Mei is too much of a blockhead). Not that it's bad but with NTR and Happy Sugar Life's delire, I almost lost the respect I got from my colleagues at work for being a fan of yuri

As you said, human taste is weird. I fully understand as some show really love playing with our feeling by having one male character being in middle of the girls and giving yuri vibes but not giving up on the harem subtext either (See Re-Kan).

Yuru Yuri is good, not as a yuri show but as a comedy show. Question yuri comedy, my pick would be Yuyushiki in fact.

Talking about which, I wonder what the future of yuri would be. In the past, only class S yuri (bad ends) were allowed to be published but then it became more liberal and now with the straightbait/yuribait combo, I am scared about what could happen 10 years from now on. I fear yuri would die down by that time

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

God I REALLY love this story its very unique. And Sounan desu ka? will release this year, too. Im crying.

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

All those wonderful titles lately and they go and pick Fragtime, sheesh.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 3:47PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

You know, Stretch deserves an anime.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

yuripie posted:

Nah. There's not enough material for it. They'd need to stretch it a lot.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm trying to imagine how that would even work. I guess if you made it a 3min anime like Teekyuu? Still, it'd be pretty boring.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

I'm trying to imagine how that would even work. I guess if you made it a 3min anime like Teekyuu? Still, it'd be pretty boring.

They could make it into those "train with me" videos? But with stretching.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Exactly. They'd have to really amp up the sex appeal of the comic to make it competitive.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

Exactly. They'd have to really amp up the sex appeal of the comic to make it competitive.

Well if they would make 2 main girls doing it together and being gay it could work, but I guess that would be too much of a stretch.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Stretch should have enough materials for 12 episodes tho.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I honestly would prefer something with yuri.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It'd be easy: they just have to trace a workout video.

To reply you must either login or sign up.