Forum › Spectral Feelings -Invisible Violet- discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This was neat, very well-told. I really like it when manga play with colors, too.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's a good story and I love me some spot colouring, but holy shit Reimu is out of character

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

I'll be honest, I started out as a Reimu/Marisa fan, but after reading a few different stories, I like Reimu with Yukari more (and I'd already become a hard core Alice/Marisa fan). I liked the spot coloring, I think it really lent a lot to the story.

I kinda liked Reimu being a bit more aloof and dispassionate in this.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love this one. I've never seen the concept in any other doujins (or anywhere else for that matter) and it's really catching. The coloring really adds so much to it too, it's almost an indescribable appeal.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

This was just a wonderful story! I really loved it!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Huh, somehow I missed this one. Brilliant, I love the use of colour and Reimu's rising irritation.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Really beautiful, the limited color use in this is just amazing. Not a huge fan of Reimu x Yukari, but this one is so good it doesn't matter.

@Hylarn Out of character? How so? Touhou character's in general lack real personalities in their official work (even the different manga's written by Zun have not too similar characterizations) but Reimu seems pretty identical to most depictions here: aloof and calm despite the bizarre situation she's in.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Out of all the Reimu pairings, I must say I really do favor Reimu x Yukari pairing the most.

I hope one day they make an official more than one episode anime with the Touhou characters :)

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

more reimuXyukari (...and, for me, more yukari),

the out of character reimu is like the always cool alice that show other part of herself in the mariXali djs

Sleeping%20yukari
joined Nov 15, 2011

Aww yeaaa~~~ Rireba's my favorite touhou doujin circle of all time!!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get why she says in english there would be 6 - while obviously a rainbow is a huge range of slightly different colours all blending into each other, if you asked an english person that question, they would count them off acording to the song everyone hears when a kid - 'red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue - i can sing a rainbow - ' etc etc - so that 7 colours.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 10:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I dont get why she says in english there would be 6 - while obviously a rainbow is a huge range of slightly different colours all blending into each other, if you asked an english person that question, they would count them off acording to the song everyone heres when a kid - 'red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue - i can sing a rainbow - ' etc etc - so that 7 colours.

Not everyone. I, for one, have never heard that song in my life.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

There's also Roy G Biv, Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain, etc, etc, etc. His point that most Anglophones would be familiar with a seven-colored rainbow still stands, though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As I recall, as a child in eastern Canada we never made that sort of distinction between indigo and violet. I didn't encounter Roy G Biv until much later, and hadn't seen the Richard of York thing until just now (although it's pretty cool). Maybe it's a Europe/Colonies dichotomy?

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Interesting. I originally encountered it from Bill Nye the Science Guy, which it seems most of my generation in the US watched, but apparently had little international presence.

joined Feb 14, 2015

Awww! It was sweet! nosebleeding

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

It seems that Reimu is not really in love Yukari in this doujin. She's just being "someone special" to Reimu. Hence Reimu said "not because of like or love", "It's because, I think the colour of your eyes is beautiful." and also notice the narration in page 36 "Just for now, let me have the red I can never catch" it means that Yukari did aware of how Reimu feels (She can reads mind afterall). Maybe Reimu was not sure about her own feelings towards Yukari, maybe she prefers Marisa? Judging from the author works, they also ship Marisa x Reimu. Well who knows? That's just my theory. Feel free to argue with it maybe there's something I missed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As far as I'm aware, Yukari can't read minds. Certainly the Touhou Wiki says nothing about it, despite having an extensive section on her abilities, nor do I recall any story which refers to such a power.

joined Jul 13, 2016

English has traditionally divided the colors of the rainbow into seven different colors ever since Isaac Newton described it as being that way in his groundbreaking treatises on optics. It was his work that divided the color pattern made by splitting white light with a prism, the same gradient made visible when white light is refracted through raindrops, into Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet segments, and these are the terms that have long been taught to Anglophone children as being the names and order of the colors of the rainbow. Note, interestingly enough, the presence of a prism like Newton's in the work at hand.

When Nakatani mentions differences in color terms across languages, she's probably referring most directly to the work of Brent Berlin and Paul Kay, who performed a wide survey of color terms across different language groups. They concluded that color terms are generally present in languages according to a certain hierarchy; that is, color terms tend to emerge in languages in a particular order, and languages with fewer color terms tend to group certain shades together that languages with more color terms tend to differentiate.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

When Nakatani is referring to colors across languages, she's pulling on an anecdote from a linguistics class, which is in the note at the end. Which maybe their work was the subject of that particular day.

Most importantly, Nakatani Nio knows semiotics! That's exciting, and makes sense. Weirdly, I also thought Sassure and Yukari would get along (probably from reading about them both at the same time). Yukari x Sassure tag when?

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

my colorblindness but its a touhou doujin

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Idk why I'm having YukaReimu doujin marathon again, and this will be the last for tonight.

joined Aug 28, 2023

How unique. The yukareimu needed a bit more development tho

To reply you must either login or sign up.