Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

Fb_img_1537931044292
joined Aug 22, 2018
  • Enters school
  • Smart
  • gets sold off to random guy
  • but has found love at that horrid place hence the title

So far, I think it's interesting (?) But most people wouldn't read it, I think...
I would certainly not read this but my interests got the best of me (¯―¯٥)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
  • Enters school
  • Smart
  • gets sold off to random guy
  • but has found love at that horrid place hence the title

So far, I think it's interesting (?) But most people wouldn't read it, I think...
I would certainly not read this but my interests got the best of me (¯―¯٥)

Your forgot

-murders guy in self defense

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 9:22AM

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

The idea of selling a person is just distressing. Well, damn. I think the author just wants to reflect how in society, women has led to marry rich guys instead of the one they love. Especially it's pronounced in Asian culture, like dude, my Mum is one.

joined Feb 7, 2015

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

Well to be fair, Nakatani Nio (Yagakimi author) was one too. It's just mangaka has to start somewhere you know?

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

meh

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I've been following this series (I have the two volumes that has been released so far) and I don't know if Dynasty can pin comments or anything, but I just want to warn everybody that is wary going into this, this is not a feel good story.

So far at the end of vol 2, things haven't gotten better. In fact I would say it's gotten worse. Spoilers: Someone dies.

I personally will continue reading it because I like the MC as she's not your typical frail, helpless, useless main character that usually plagues these kind of stories, but so far it doesn't seem like she can do anything noteworthy in opposing the school herself, if she will at all. I'm indifferent either way as I'm already in it for the long haul. But I figured that other people should receive a fair chance to avoid this if they are of fragile constitution.

TLDR: This series is fucked up. Be warned.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Read a few chapters of this on mangadex, I’m so happy Chaosteam picked it up :) dark yuri with fucked up shit is the best

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 9:45AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So much to hate about the story just as it starts, and it's mostly intentional on the author's side. They deliberately did not provide any characterization other than the setting, so the only thing we know of this story so far is that guys buy and sell these girls like merchandise, and lesbian couples are basically generated as a coping mechanism against that fact.
Not really sure what the author wants to do with this now. The reader would need to pretty much ignore the setting (aka entire chapter 1) to make a romance story believable, or play around with the girls' unknown backstories, but that is a potential excercise in frustration depending on how often they plan on making those known. So is this a story about changing your fate or challenging those in power (which would be as unique as it is improbable from a Japanese artist not using a shonen-like setting)? drama for the sake of drama as they live their live until they're sold?

EDIT: Come to think about it, does the story imply the girls studied hard to get into a course were they could be sold to rich patrons?

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 10:01AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is shit . It's definitely not for reading.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 10:00AM

I've been following this series (I have the two volumes that has been released so far) and I don't know if Dynasty can pin comments or anything, but I just want to warn everybody that is wary going into this, this is not a feel good story.

So far at the end of vol 2, things haven't gotten better. In fact I would say it's gotten worse. Spoilers: Someone dies.

I personally will continue reading it because I like the MC as she's not your typical frail, helpless, useless main character that usually plagues these kind of stories, but so far it doesn't seem like she can do anything noteworthy in opposing the school herself, if she will at all. I'm indifferent either way as I'm already in it for the long haul. But I figured that other people should receive a fair chance to avoid this if they are of fragile constitution.

TLDR: This series is fucked up. Be warned.

u mean suicide cuz she dont wanna be sold off?

and also this is a clear violation of human rights

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

I feel insulted someone even picked this trash up again for the 2nd time, actually got somewhat physically sick that this gets picked up twice when thousands of decent/good yuri never even get a chance out there.
Is this garbage even still going? I guess I underestimate the amount of japanese that are into lesbians getting royally fucked by ugly man, I know there's a audience for that.

I feel insulted someone even picked this trash up again for the 2nd time, actually got somewhat physically sick that this gets picked up twice when thousands of decent/good yuri never even get a chance out there.
Is this garbage even still going? I guess I underestimate the amount of japanese that are into lesbians getting royally fucked by ugly man, I know there's a audience for that.

japan is done

havent reallt enjoyed any of their new stuff since 2015

korea china leading the future

joined Feb 7, 2015

I'm sort of on board, however don't shit on the translator. They worked for free, and I think it's a good idea to translate even the most atrocious series for the sake of archival among other things. Perhaps also a reminder that this exist since we might not find it enjoyable but I'm sure some people really do enjoy this. Who knows? It might also motivate people to make a good yuri contemplating on these dreadful yuri series we've been getting.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 10:11AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I was really considering adding "What the fuck am I reading?" tag to this series... Maybe I should based on the comments I just read...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I was really considering adding "What the fuck am I reading?" tag to this series... Maybe I should based on the comments I just read...

Maybe a Depressing as fuck one at least.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Here's an idea...... DON'T READ

joined Dec 18, 2018

The feeling when you want to tear the author apart. Shouldn't you delete yuri tag and then attach whatever you want to for everyone's good?

joined Feb 22, 2018

I just couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief long enough to actually develop any real interest in the story. Not only are the characters bland and boring, the setting conflicts with my real world common sense too much, and author doesn't seem to introduce any elements to alleviate the discrepancies. Not gonna read any future chapters.

29216120_985796631584578_7844572378056777434_n
joined Nov 5, 2017

I thought this was a going to be an ordinary Catholic all girls school until that Heath check. It took a turn (imo), kudos to the author. It's a fucked up school.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Maybe a Depressing as fuck one at least.

adding right away

joined Jul 24, 2018

Somehow the setting reminds of this other manga I read where the girls had to make this flower crown in order to graduate, but in that one grduation really meant passing on. Forgot what it was called though.

Chito%20&%20yuuri%20sleep
joined Aug 13, 2017

hm. i was going to say that i actually have some small hopes for this one... the premise is obviously a literalization of the "gay until graduation" trope (which is still brought up today in real life in japan, mind; see the sugita mio stuff from earlier this year), so i COULD see the series trying to go for some social commentary? and it'd probably be pretty good (if still painful) if it did that!

...but from kirakazumi's comments, it sounds like that's not really what it ends up doing, so, weh. i'll probably still read it just to see what its deal is, but... i guess i'll just get ready to put it in the same box as yuri danshi and kyou kara yonshimai...

shouldnt this be reported to the UN and get Japan sanctioned?

joined Jun 25, 2017

I’m in! I really want to know what happens next and I absolutely love the plot!!!

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

Well to be fair, Nakatani Nio (Yagakimi author) was one too. It's just mangaka has to start somewhere you know?

Do you mean the author who couldn't figure how to continue Bloom Into You even if her life was on the line? Which has a pretty dumb and artificial scenario to begin with?

I sure hope she doesn't take the A Kiss and a White Lily route but seems like it with all this background-background going on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.