Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

9gamlp01_400x400
joined Jul 29, 2017

Suggestion for the new "featured pairing". I think we should also include the series the pairing is from as well, and also a thumbnail (an artwork of the pairing).

Alice1
joined Oct 18, 2018

I'd like to suggest a "self-harm" tag for manga and chapters that have self-harm scenes. I think it's important because it's something that can be triggering to some people and seeing it without any warning can make some people triggered or just really uncomfortable.

last edited at Nov 9, 2018 5:40AM

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

Suggestion for a "finger licking/eating" tag or something like that. Just a trope i see every now and then and thought it would be interesting to make a tag for it

can we please have a ranking system based on popularity, i wanna read the popular ones

like top of day week mo year all time based on number of readers and likes and comments

last edited at Nov 28, 2018 5:53AM by

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Why manhwa and webtoons don't get uploaded here? I mean the only one who does is Their Story, but there are others which are pretty good. If it's for copyright issues maybe we can still make a "page" for it with only one image and a summary so people know it exist and can go to lezhin or wherever they are posted to read it.

Edit: examples are Moonlight Garden, The third Party, Her Pet, Blooming Sequence, WDTFS, IWYDE, etcetera.

last edited at Dec 8, 2018 3:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why manhwa and webtoons don't get uploaded here? I mean the only one who does is Their Story, but there are others which are pretty good. If it's for copyright issues maybe we can still make a "page" for it with only one image and a summary so people know it exist and can go to lezhin or wherever they are posted to read it.

Edit: examples are Moonlight Garden, The third Party, Her Pet, Blooming Sequence, WDTFS, IWYDE, etcetera.

Lezhin are very protective of their copyrights, and thus we don’t host copies of their series or allow linking to unauthorized third-party sites that do so.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Lezhin are very protective of their copyrights, and thus we don’t host copies of their series or allow linking to unauthorized third-party sites that do so.

I think they meant having at least something like this, so people know it exists and they can try looking for it, if it catches their interest.

last edited at Dec 8, 2018 6:53PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Nezchan posted:

I think they meant having at least something like this, so people know it exists and they can try looking for it, if it catches their interest.

Yeah, that's it. Or even link the manga's Lezhin page so people can buy it from there though people can search elsewhere with the name. I don't think Lezhin would have a problem with that. That way we can also have a forum thread where we can talk about those series, I'm dying to talk with someone about Moonlight Garden.

last edited at Dec 8, 2018 10:36PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That way we can also have a forum thread where we can talk about those series, I'm dying to talk with someone about Moonlight Garden.

You can always just create a new thread for it, darling.

Steam%20picture%20eclipse
joined Jan 9, 2017

I feel like the image search should be updated. Currently, it only shows the most recent 1000 images that match your search, which isn't enough when there are over 10000 images and you don't remember what your are looking for exactly, so you're trying to rule out tags one at a time.
Fine, you got me, I though I remembered a Fire Emblem pic that went untagged for whatever reason, and scanned over about 4000 images to look for it, but still didn't find it. Probably was deleted. Or I dreamed it up.

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

On mobile version, seems that the responsive page hide the page number,, this can be troublesome if the mobile browser frezes, or you have slow conection and want to skip a page.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

On mobile version, seems that the responsive page hide the page number,, this can be troublesome if the mobile browser frezes, or you have slow conection and want to skip a page.

You can see it if you rotate your phone horizontal. It would take too much screen space if allowed vertically.

last edited at Dec 11, 2018 10:24AM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Since it looks like it still went unnoticed, the title of Nickelodeon's chapter 2 has a typo: it should read Kopi Kopi Luwak, and not Kopi Kopi Kuwak.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Suggestion: Use Tags for what they are intended to be used for...

I'm srly sick an tired of people giving joke tags for whatever reason and moderators going along with it. If you can give out tags for the shits and giggles what's the point of giving them out in the first place?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'm srly sick an tired of people giving joke tags for whatever reason and moderators going along with it. If you can give out tags for the shits and giggles what's the point of giving them out in the first place?

No. Lighten up.

last edited at Dec 20, 2018 3:38PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Agreed. Useless joke tags like "yuri", "love triangle", "school life", and "NSFW" should all be deprecated. Only useful tags like "ham" and "lizard" should be kept.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Agreed. Useless joke tags like "yuri", "love triangle", "school life", and "NSFW" should all be deprecated. Only useful tags like "ham" and "lizard" should be kept.

I think they meant tags that have been put there because it's funny or a common joke. Like tagging Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru with "subtext"

last edited at Dec 21, 2018 7:36PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It would be pointless to make a girlship tag for that when it’s close enough to subtext.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Hugh Jackman is the most useful tag on the site, fight me!

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I think they meant tags that have been put there because it's funny or a common joke. Like tagging Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru with "subtext"

I meant joke tags like "insane amount of sex" or "nsfw" for an image of two ppl handholding. That joke wasn't funny the first time... about 20 years ago... It doesn't get better by sustaining it artificially. I don't see the point of having a tag system allowing people to actually find works they're looking for and then giving out joke tags for random shit.

Oh, adult life with two 50+ women? put a lolicon tag for the fun of it. Give a shit about people searching for anything. Then again, Dynasty was never know for actually being userfriendly in the first place regarding the tag system... Allow joke tags for the shit's an giggles and getting rid of actually useful tags - time ship, looking at you...

Hugh Jackman is the most useful tag on the site, fight me!

While it definitely being a joke tag, It's actually a tag that would get you to find a particularly work on the page. While giving out tags like mentioned before is just dumbshit. It doesn't help anyone as it's purly meant to held up a joke/meme that wasn't very funny in the first place...

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 10:55AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Stop repeatedly requesting the tags be removed. You always do this, and it never works.

Keep doing it and kicking up a stink when you don't get your way, and you'll get a month ban.

Considering the sheer amount of comments having fun on that picture, it's safe to say this is not going to be changed. You might not like the joke tag on it, but that's on you. And it's not comparable to your stupid comparison of "two 50 year olds get tagged lolicon".

And time skip tag sucked ayy

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 11:06AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Can we, for the love of the yuri goddesses, get a forum with nested and rated messages Reddit-alike? With blocked users and all. I'm honestly tired of seeing walls of text on every single thread rambling about everything but the topic at hand.

I'm sure there are better places to talk about SJW stuff and gay gloom than every single thread here. I get that people need to vent and a nested forum would be great for everyone.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Unlikely. Dynasty's forum is custom-made and I doubt the staff is willing to completely change it at this point.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Orestes posted:

Can we, for the love of the yuri goddesses, get a forum with nested and rated messages Reddit-alike? With blocked users and all. I'm honestly tired of seeing walls of text on every single thread rambling about everything but the topic at hand.

I'm sure there are better places to talk about SJW stuff and gay gloom than every single thread here. I get that people need to vent and a nested forum would be great for everyone.

I don't care about the rest of your suggestions but nested messages is the single most godawfully shitty design decision Reddit ever had. It's virtually unusable if you want to actually follow a given thread and the way it sorts by highest ratings or whatever makes it even more of a total mess to navigate.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Woah, thanks for your carefully curated input.

To reply you must either login or sign up.